PDA

View Full Version : and RIVALS team of the week is (drum roll)

85Sooner
9/10/2007, 10:31 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=711945

Team of the week: Oklahoma

Michigan vacated its status as a legitimate national title contender last week. Virginia Tech might have in Week 2. Stepping into the void is Oklahoma. When the season started, the Sooners appeared to be a quarterback short of a national title run. Sam Bradford disagrees. He shredded a standout Miami defense for five touchdown passes on 19 of 25 passing in a 51-13 win. Bob Stoops takes pride in the fact that Oklahoma has won four Big 12 titles with four different quarterbacks since 2000. Bradford's making a case to be the fifth different Sooners QB to accomplish that feat.

Lets keep it going!

Dio
9/10/2007, 10:35 AM
I don't know about the "standout Miami defense"; otherwise, good article.

85Sooner
9/10/2007, 10:37 AM
Their secondary was supposed to be good ( before sat)

More here:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=711657

NORMAN, Okla. - A football team that shoots itself in the foot needs a walking stick.

Or better yet, the grandson of a Walkingstick.

Oklahoma has one, and he's a big reason the Sooners walked all over Miami 51-13 Saturday and should be a major factor in the race for the national championship.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 10:48 AM
I like the cfn rankings...LSU, OU and USC and 1, 2 and 3 in that order...here is what they say about OU.

2. Oklahoma (2-0)
W, Miami 51-13
next game: Utah State
The Ranking Should Be Higher Because … that wasn’t North Texas or Utah State the Sooner just obliterated. Yeah, Miami isn’t the same Miami of a few years ago, but this is still a talented defense that couldn’t handle the Sooner attack.
The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn’t be. There is no reasonable argument against OU being ranked number one right now.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/10/2007, 10:50 AM
So what is it they are really trying to say?

Dont p*ss off the 6-5 Cherokee Indian kid from OKC cause he just might break something off in you arse? ;)

Desert Sapper
9/10/2007, 10:51 AM
It's looking like '03 all over again. Good QB from the Sooner State, rock solid D. LSU wanting to play OU in the Sugar Bowl with suc on the outside looking in. Long as we can get there and not **** it up, I'm with it.

cheezyq
9/10/2007, 11:10 AM
It's looking like '03 all over again. Good QB from the Sooner State, rock solid D. LSU wanting to play OU in the Sugar Bowl with suc on the outside looking in. Long as we can get there and not **** it up, I'm with it.

...and you know that even if USC does get left out, they'll win their bowl game against a pathetic Big 11 team in the Rose Bowl and claim another championship anyway.

Pigface1
9/10/2007, 11:18 AM
We're gonna need USC or LSU to lose one I think.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 11:27 AM
I hate to break it to Lester, but USC now has a tougher road than LSU. LSU's toughest road games are at Kentucky and at Alabama. Florida is at home and their defense looks pretty bad. USC has to play at Cal, Oregon, Nebraska and ASU...MUCH tougher than LSU's road.

I hate to say it, but if we are unbeaten I think we have to play those toothless cajuns in their backyard.

SoonerBOI
9/10/2007, 11:29 AM
I like the sentence "Shredded a standout Miami defense". We really made Miami looked BAD.

Scott D
9/10/2007, 11:30 AM
I hate to break it to Lester, but USC now has a tougher road than LSU. LSU's toughest road games are at Kentucky and at Alabama. Florida is at home and their defense looks pretty bad. USC has to play at Cal, Oregon, Nebraska and ASU...MUCH tougher than LSU's road.

I hate to say it, but if we are unbeaten I think we have to play those toothless cajuns in their backyard.

you forget, Lester has that tough CCG, while USC has a bye week every 2-3 weeks ;)

swardboy
9/10/2007, 11:53 AM

Based on what I saw on the field I'd agree with you....but eight starters back on a defense that ranked 7th nationally last year? ACC or not, that's a hefty stat. I'm thinking we still don't realize how awesome OUr offense may be.

kevpks
9/10/2007, 12:02 PM

Though I agree that Miami didn't function that well as a defensive unit, they do have great athletes. I'll bet 4-6 of those guys will be playing on Sundays.

Also, I believe we were only the second team in the last 15 games to rush for over 100 yards on Miami.

Zing
9/10/2007, 12:18 PM
Though I agree that Miami didn't function that well as a defensive unit, they do have great athletes. I'll bet 4-6 of those guys will be playing on Sundays.

Also, I believe we were only the second team in the last 15 games to rush for over 100 yards on Miami.

That's especially impressive considering the -40 yard punt play we ran. That even caught ME off-guard, and I'm usually pretty good at seeing trick plays before they happen.

Socrefbek
9/10/2007, 12:18 PM
LSU is very talented. Add having Lester as their coach and the BCS CG being in the Sugar Bowl I will just as soon hope they lose and not make the CG. I am tired of the Sooners having to play critical games on the other teams home turf.

I'll take USC or Florida or West Virginia in the Bayou State thank you very much.

We can play and kick the crap out of LSU next year at a neutral site. :mad: