PDA

View Full Version : OU - 46 vs. Utah State

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 10:23 AM
Crazy high line, but I am thinking about playing it.

Vegas is killing me, though. They have Michigan as a 9.5 favorite over Notre Dame this week. Can Michigan beat ANYONE by 9 points?!?! Hell, Jimmy Clausen showed me something at Penn State this week...Michigan just got worse.

I really like the Auburn line of - 13 at home against Miss. State, Washington +4 at home against Ohio State, and ASU giving 27 1/2 to Chuck Long's boys.

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 10:45 AM
I can't imagine we don't score in the high 50s, and I can't imagine them scoring more than 10; it's crazy high, but I think i'd take it.

wtf re: michigan over ND. Michigan would have to score 9.5 points to cover this, and they can't do this against air.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 10:52 AM
Did you guys see that North Texas' QB threw for 601 yards against SMU and that receiver of theirs had over 300 yards receiving?

I guess that high school offense is kicking in! :)

milesl
9/10/2007, 10:59 AM
I think it will be more like 100 - 0 and i'm not boasting. They won one game last year. This is an embarrasing cupcake. We will get $hit from everyone for playing this. Bradford out before the half.

SoonerBOI
9/10/2007, 11:55 AM
I hate cupcakes too. But it will be a fun tune-up game to pad our stats. :)

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 12:05 PM
I hate cupcakes too. But it will be a fun tune-up game to pad our stats. :)

I know...and Sam needs some stat padding with his poor start to the season...;) His numbers could be scary heading into Colorado and Texas.

BIG_IKE
9/10/2007, 12:15 PM
Sams numbers are gonna be awesome. Even though we are giving him the Colt McCoy treatment (short passes and screens to build numbers and confidence). We should beat these clowns by 60.

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2007, 12:33 PM
I'd be tempted to take Utah State against the spread...but I'm too chicken**** to actually do it.

cb4ou
9/10/2007, 12:39 PM
I was at the Wyoming vs Utah State game this weekend. The are terrible. Wyoming could have scored 50 if they had recievers that could hold on to the ball.

Dan Thompson
9/10/2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe we could have two RBs with 100 yard game. Get the backs to catch the ball would also be nice. I think Sam will be out for the second half.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 01:53 PM
I'd be tempted to take Utah State against the spread...but I'm too chicken**** to actually do it.

Based on what? Week one we were a 40 1/2 point spread and covered by 69.

Week two was 10 1/2 and we won by 38. That's 28 and 27 points OVER the spread needed to cover in the first two weeks. OU is crushing the spread right now and getting ready for their worst opponent of the season.

OK2LA
9/10/2007, 02:00 PM
Crazy high line, but I am thinking about playing it.

If you're looking for an easier choice, I'd go with whoever is playing Cleveland or Kansas City before I touched that OU line. I'd say that Stoops wants to get the running game going, and will focus on that, because it has been "suspect" in the first two games. Running back by committee, no 100 yard rusher - no dominance as of yet by a single back. (maybe that doesn't happen, and maybe we will be running back by comm. - I dunno.) I just think that if we get 1 or 2 running backs to take the bulk of the reps, we might be a more balanced offense - it usually takes RB's more consistency in reps to get in a rhythm.

I think OU doesn't cover in this game, and it's closer than both of our 1st 2 games

That's what I say!

CatfishSooner
9/10/2007, 02:07 PM
I think we'll cover in the 1st half ...49-0!

tommieharris91
9/10/2007, 02:15 PM
KC @ Chi could be really tough.

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 02:19 PM
I think I'll be looking at the new Heisman statues and shopping in the OU book store by half time. You can never have too many OU t-shirts in your wardrobe.