PDA

View Full Version : Miami fans gripping...

soonerspudman
9/9/2007, 11:15 PM
Butt holes puckering in Miami, read comments after short article, hilarious stuff...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/09/um-post-ou-lock.html

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 11:25 PM
Miami fans must have the worst grammar skills of any school in the nation...and that's saying something with OSU and ATM out there.

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 11:30 PM
LMAO....

Those guys are busting on the players....

hink4769
9/9/2007, 11:38 PM
i find it funny how miami fans are surprised with their team's fall from grace. they hired coker (who had no prior head coaching experience and whose pushover personality is a horrible fit as head coach at thug u) so they could have a shot at the national championship with the core of players butch davis built up using the same system they did under davis. they won their championship, almost won another, and ideally should have replaced coker (although this really would have been unrealistic given his record at the time) with somebody more capable to recruit/build the program up from there.

birddog
9/9/2007, 11:43 PM
gripping what...their cacks?

batonrougesooner
9/9/2007, 11:45 PM

Damn you beat me to it.

Heh, beat me.;)

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 12:09 AM
Unbelievable. Check this out. He is exactly what I think of (in terms of grammar and fan strength) when I think about Miami fans.

"Posted by: HuffytheKidd | September 08, 2007 at 05:50 PM

Face it people, the best days of our Canes are behind us. The championships, the Orange Bowl, everything. All the advantages that are small private school once had (both locally and nationally) is no more. If all things have cycles, we're in for a very ugly 30 years to come. And this coming from a 10 yr season ticket holder which will not renew next year. Time to find another team."

Time to find another team??? Heh.

HEH!!!!!11!11

CatfishSooner
9/10/2007, 12:16 AM
I found this very humerous:

"Face it people, the best days of our Canes are behind us. The championships, the Orange Bowl, everything. All the advantages that are small private school once had (both locally and nationally) is no more. If all things have cycles, we're in for a very ugly 30 years to come. And this coming from a 10 yr season ticket holder which will not renew next year. Time to find another team."

Posted by: Arealist | September 08, 2007 at 05:50 PM

CatfishSooner
9/10/2007, 12:16 AM
oops didn't see you had already posted that...

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 12:20 AM
no sweat. I think you actually included the correct poster. The bottom line is this dude is exactly what Miami football is all about.

birddog
9/10/2007, 12:27 AM
Damn you beat me to it.

Heh, beat me.;)

ah that glorious pc north education. i love me some mrs. koontz. actually, i think it was kutch.

soonermeteor
9/10/2007, 12:47 AM
This Miami fan was standing next to me at the the urinal on his blue tooth. Besides the fact that you shouldn't be talking at the urinal, I didn't understand a thing he said. It was all " we gonna get changed if wes gonna come back be better next quarter.. blah blah blah."

There was also someone while we were walking to the stadium who was talking about how " wes gonna darn kill dem sooners."

:rolleyes:

SoonerGrant
9/10/2007, 12:58 AM
I stopped reading after 15 comments or so...all of them whining about their defense or offense not showing up, giving no credit to our dominating defense or outstanding offense. I understand they are upset, but they could give a little credit where it is due.

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 01:07 AM
I understand they're upset too, but use a friggin' spellcheck.

I realize we're mostly country talkin' okies around here, even those of us displaced now, but JESUS! Those idiots have the grammar skills of a 3rd grade crackhead with a head injury in the bayou.

SoonerBOI
9/10/2007, 07:24 AM
Miami = Past Tense

soonerloyal
9/10/2007, 07:35 AM
This is even better:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/09/secret-o-in-sto.html

Secret "O" in store for Sooners?
I've never been one to buy into the idea teams would withhold an entire offense for a tougher team the following week. Maybe, a few trick plays here or there. But an entire offense?

This week as Miami has prepared for Oklahoma, some of you brought up the idea that UM may have been saving something for the Sooners this week and thus that was the reason Kirby Freeman and the pass offense put up an unimpressive 81 yards against Marshall's weak pass D last Saturday. So I decided to raise the question. And to my surprise, I got a lot of smiles after practice Wednesday when I asked if offensive coordinator Patrick Nix simply didn't want to tip his hand to Oklahoma last week.

Q: Hey Darnell Jenkins, were you guys holding back?
A: "That's what Coach Nix wanted. And if we do everything against Marshall, they have all our film. Right now, we're just going over offense and preparing ourself."
Q: So people are going to be surprised? Real surprised?
A: "Watch the game Saturday," Jenkins said. "Stay tuned."

(continued)

Ooops. :D

cheezyq
9/10/2007, 08:28 AM
This is even better:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/09/secret-o-in-sto.html

Secret "O" in store for Sooners?

Ooops. :D

I think that "secret O" is going to stay a secret.

OKC-SLC
9/10/2007, 08:30 AM
I read that article as well last week, soonerloyal. During the game I kept waiting to see what they were talking about. I wonder if this smack Jenkins was talking was just regarding the first play from scrimmage where they took a shot deep.

Pa

the

tic.

badger
9/10/2007, 08:53 AM
Butt holes puckering in Miami...[/URL]
PUCKER PUCKER PUCKER :D:D

MiccoMacey
9/10/2007, 09:01 AM
When did these alleged Miami fans show up, and where were they the past 200 years?

'Cause I've only witnessed about 12-13 actual Miami fans, and I used to live in Florida.

Oh, and they are apparently allergic to stadium seats 'cause they never show up to their own home games either.

Dio
9/10/2007, 09:01 AM
I think Shannon kept the secret offense secret from the offense.

soonermagicgirl
9/10/2007, 09:03 AM
Butt holes puckering in Miami, read comments after short article, hilarious stuff...

oh my gosh.. I laughed for hours reading their comments. It's a shame they feel so bad about their team.. :D

NorthernIowaSooner
9/10/2007, 09:43 AM
there were miami fans next to us at the game and the one next me was saying how good miamis running game is and theres no way OU can stop it. next play: fumble on a run, reggie runs it back. then i sent a text to my uncle in tulsa telling him what this jacka$$ miami fan had just said and his response: jacka$$ miami fan is a redundant phrase. thats all he had to say

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 09:50 AM
I just think it is funny they thought...(as did some of you)...that they had the athletes to hang with us. Um...we have athletes, too. They had no answer for Malcolm, Jermaine and crew. They couldn't stop Lofton, English and Reynolds, either.

birddog
9/10/2007, 11:38 AM
this early in the year it's hard to gauge where the level of play will be. we've had a few stumbles in the past and alot of us are cautioulsy optimistic.

i never saw the tcu loss coming. i never saw alot of losses coming. sometimes it happens and i don't blame people one bit for being concerned about miami.

dolemitesooner
9/10/2007, 11:54 AM
Time to find another team...HA

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2007, 12:36 PM
I hear Oklahoma's a good team...maybe they should jump on that bandwagon.

picasso
9/10/2007, 12:38 PM
I was very cordial with the Miami fans I spoke with on Saturday although I found the fact that they thought they weren't any better when Wright was in the game a bit odd. Perhaps they really don't know anything about football?

Also, we sat on row 10, Sec. 34 and had a nice of view of a pack of Miami fans near the flags flipping our state flag off during the national anthem.:confused: :rolleyes:

KRYPTON
9/10/2007, 01:02 PM
FTFA:

"Calais Campbell said Miami will rebound against FIU next week"

Ahh... The Oklahoma State plan, find a Florida <RandomGeographicReference> University team and, whatever you do, don't call it a comeback when you spank 'em.

GottaHavePride
9/10/2007, 01:11 PM
I was very cordial with the Miami fans I spoke with on Saturday although I found the fact that they thought they weren't any better when Wright was in the game a bit odd. Perhaps they really don't know anything about football?

Also, we sat on row 10, Sec. 34 and had a nice of view of a pack of Miami fans near the flags flipping our state flag off during the national anthem.:confused: :rolleyes:

Stupid Miami fans. Moving the ball >>>>> not moving the ball.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 01:14 PM
Hey, if Miami fans want to help, I dare them to sellout a game this year and give their team some added motivation.

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 02:31 PM
Find a new team eh?

I remember sitting my Sooner *** in the stands during the Gibbs, Blake, and Schnelly era and I never once thought about "finding another team." Now, I did think about having a 9th or 10th cocktail but NEVER did I ever even think of becoming a non Sooner fan.

That guy isn't a loyal fan he's a bandwagon fan.

picasso
9/10/2007, 03:35 PM
oh and back to the original topic, what exactly are they gripping?

Flagstaffsooner
9/10/2007, 03:37 PM
oh and back to the original topic, what exactly are they gripping?Handguns and syringes I imagine.

DrZaius
9/10/2007, 04:29 PM
I love a couple of their nicknames:

She-Man = Kirby Freemn
Harry Poker!

And of course here are some of my favorite quotes:

QB play, both had that bad fart smell that will linger all season & over power that sweet smell of victory .... ugh!!

Miami has a big reason to be proud. since she has arrived President Shalala has raised the academic standards of the school. Unfortunetly for the football team it has had a negative effect. Remember in the glory days there were no standards for the football players and thus they recruited any convict off the street. Thus their reputation. the U was well known for taking players that were ineligible to play for Florida. But now with higher acedemic standards the U is no longer able to recruit the type of players they had in the old days. So... congratulations on the high academic reputation you now have. Unfortunately the U will never again be an important football team.

We should have scheduled Michigan instead of OU for our out of conference game

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2007, 04:34 PM

StuIsTheMan
9/10/2007, 04:38 PM
gripping what..their cracks?

well everyone else was doing it:pop:

soonergirlNeugene
9/10/2007, 04:47 PM
Miami fans are notorious for this sort of behavior. They can't even sell out their stadium in a good year and regularly boo their own team. Regardless of which bandwagon they may jump on, they are a non-factor. Having Miami fans like these support your team makes even less difference than being marked as Corso's team of the moment.

StuIsTheMan
9/10/2007, 04:51 PM
Miami fans are notorious for this sort of behavior. They can't even sell out their stadium in a good year and regularly boo their own team. Regardless of which bandwagon they may jump on, they are a non-factor. Having Miami fans like these support your team makes even less difference than being marked as Corso's team of the moment.

What the duck fans boring you too?

soonergirlNeugene
9/10/2007, 04:59 PM
Ya, that board hasn't seen much action lately. :rolleyes:

StuIsTheMan
9/10/2007, 05:03 PM
Ya, that board hasn't seen much action lately. :rolleyes:

CAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND...SEE I TOLD YA BRI!:D

tulsaoilerfan
9/10/2007, 05:04 PM

Damn, that's the most difficult crap to understand and read i've ever seen on the Internet

soonerspudman
9/10/2007, 07:34 PM
oh and back to the original topic, what exactly are they gripping?

Gripping - it's a figurative thing, not literal. Tense, not relaxed. Uptight.

Imaging trying to hit a 1 wood with your grip so tight you have white knuckles.

Imagine Homer Simpson when Bart put itch powder in his shorts.

Imagine senator Larry Craig when the guy in the next stall flashed a badge instead of a pecker.

Imagine Bill Clinton's expression when asked about the cigar.

Think of all the practical applications in your own life:

Wife: Where were you until 2:00 a.m.?
Husband: Quit gripping dear.

Hope this helps, if not, don't grip.

Cam
9/10/2007, 08:01 PM
Stupid Miami fans. Moving the ball >>>>> not moving the ball.
Don't forget the coaches. IMO they gave up when they put Freeman(sp) back in the game instead of sticking with Wright.

josh09
9/10/2007, 08:03 PM
Poor canes haha.

GottaHavePride
9/10/2007, 08:12 PM
Gripping - it's a figurative thing, not literal. Tense, not relaxed. Uptight.

Imaging trying to hit a 1 wood with your grip so tight you have white knuckles.

Imagine Homer Simpson when Bart put itch powder in his shorts.

Imagine senator Larry Craig when the guy in the next stall flashed a badge instead of a pecker.

Imagine Bill Clinton's expression when asked about the cigar.

Think of all the practical applications in your own life:

Wife: Where were you until 2:00 a.m.?
Husband: Quit gripping dear.

Hope this helps, if not, don't grip.
I see the problem here. You meant the gerund of the verb "to gripe", spelled "griping", pronounced with a long I. Gripping is what you do when you hold on to something tightly, pronounced with a short I. Griping is when you bitch about stuff.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2007, 08:18 PM
no........he meant exactly what he said.

Gripping is term Jim Rome likes to use for being uptight or tense.

Sounds like it's spelled but means different than the proper use of the spelling.

NS5
9/10/2007, 08:22 PM
Go to their board on Scout. They breakdown their team and they are saying
basically that only one LB and one DB was the only part of the team that showed up.!

GottaHavePride
9/10/2007, 08:27 PM
no........he meant exactly what he said.

Gripping is term Jim Rome likes to use for being uptight or tense.

Sounds like it's spelled but means different than the proper use of the spelling.

Ah. That would also explain it. Jim Rome made the same mistake.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2007, 08:28 PM
Ah. That would also explain it. Jim Rome made the same mistake.
I'm not sure it's a mistake to try and invent a new usage for a word.

The question is if others will accept the usage and make it common at some point.

9/10/2007, 09:09 PM
That does it! I'm finding another team!

(I didn't know you lived in Florida, Micco, you freak.)

I've been to 2 OU/Miami games. We lost both. After breaking our QB's leg, we went on to win a national title. The second loss followed a rainy road trip to Miami and Jimmy Johnson handing one to Switzer.

I must admit they were in my head as a fan of Oklahoma football.

My head is cleared now.

Good riddance to the Cane Curse.