PDA

View Full Version : Is ESPN serious?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/9/2007, 11:10 PM
Do they really believe this is news worthy?

Dog gone: A&M mascot sidelined for bad behavior

Texas A&M's mascot sits out game after snapping

Associated Press

Updated: September 9, 2007, 11:30 PM ET

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M's mascot Reveille missed Saturday's triple-overtime victory against Fresno State after she snapped at her cadet handler when he stepped on the collie's tail while running earlier in the week.

Dean Bresciani, vice president for student affairs, said Sunday that Reveille was quarantined at Texas A&M's veterinary school for a couple of days as part of a standard operating procedure but will be back on the sidelines for the Aggies' game with Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.

Bresciani said the mascot corporal was not hurt but was embarrassed that he stepped on the 6-year-old dog's tail. Reveille VII instinctively whipped around and snapped at the handler when he did that, Bresciani said.

He said the mascot was "living a life of luxury" and missed a hot, humid afternoon football game.

Reveille is considered the highest-ranking member of the school's Corps of Cadets and stands at attention in her maroon coat during sporting events and other functions.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Ghey. Kinda like mentioning Matt Leinart's ballet..err ballroom dancing class every week.

tommieharris91
9/9/2007, 11:15 PM
Reveille is considered the highest-ranking member of the school's Corps of Cadets and stands at attention in her maroon coat during sporting events and other functions.

Point and laugh. It's no lie.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 11:22 PM
OF course she's the highest ranking...she's the smartest!

Jewstin
9/9/2007, 11:23 PM
Stupidest...tradition...ever.

We should incorporate Boomer and Sooner into our campus activities! Have their caretaker take them to classes ... if the horse neighs at you, you have to give up your chair.

Either that or have them bring the Sooner Schooner with them everywhere they go ...

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 11:25 PM
Do they really believe this is news worthy?

Ghey. Kinda like mentioning Matt Leinart's ballet..err ballroom dancing class every week.

It's aggyesque, without a doubt.

batonrougesooner
9/9/2007, 11:26 PM
Step on dog's tail.

Dog snaps at idiot who stepped on tail.

Quarantine dog.

Brilliant!

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 11:27 PM
They should put that wild a$$ crazy dog down IMO.

Before it hurts one of their sheep.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 11:30 PM
If they put the dog down who would the corp kiss?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/9/2007, 11:31 PM

because you know..those aggies have to get laid.

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 12:03 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/293978472_b18685d80f.jpg

tommieharris91
9/10/2007, 12:48 AM
I'm guessing it was because the horsepig heads (along with the bevo mascot head) were with Corso filming an ad. The ad is pretty ugly.

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 01:26 AM
As long as the horsepig heads aren't connected to their bodies and they are in the appropriate company of Corso I'm happy.

Just keep 'em off the field.

goingoneight
9/10/2007, 02:44 AM
This does of course come from the network that brings you wrestling, water polo, rock-paper-scissors world championships, and the world series of poker. Then feels the need to add more networks to cover all things "sports." :rolleyes:

limey_sooner
9/10/2007, 04:47 AM
The b*tch got what she deserved.

ruf/nekdad
9/10/2007, 07:55 AM

Now thats funny right there.

stoopified
9/10/2007, 10:14 AM
Bad Lassie,bad Lassie. Don't they know how to roll up a newspaper down in Agland?

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 10:26 AM
There is a Michael Vick joke in here somewhere.

achiro
9/10/2007, 10:30 AM
So you are saying that if one of OUr horses wasn't able to be at the game for some reason and ESPN did an article on it, that you would think there was a problem with it?:rolleyes:
Come on folks, some of you really are digging for **** to bitch about with opposing teams. It makes us all look like idiots.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/10/2007, 10:34 AM
Maybe the aggs need to go and get VIII, IX, and X so they'll have several of the hearding mutts, cause they are gonna need their guidance to find the endzone when they trip on over here to Norman.......

Scott D
9/10/2007, 11:03 AM
I heard the cadet handler is being kicked out of school, for upsetting the dog ;)

OUDoc
9/10/2007, 11:05 AM
While she's quarantined, who's in charge of the cadets??!!??!!!? :eek:

meoveryouxinfinity
9/10/2007, 02:10 PM
Bad Lassie,bad Lassie. Don't they know how to roll up a newspaper down in Agland?
They don't want to roll up and crease the paper celebrating their win over Fresno State in 3OT. That is one to keep.

mynameisjoe
9/11/2007, 01:17 AM
I was reading about the "incident" in the Aggie paper and found this little gem about her:

"She is enrolled as a full time student, goes to class on a regular basis and even has her own credit card."

Seamus
9/11/2007, 03:46 AM
So you are saying that if one of OUr horses wasn't able to be at the game for some reason and ESPN did an article on it, that you would think there was a problem with it?:rolleyes:
Come on folks, some of you really are digging for **** to bitch about with opposing teams. It makes us all look like idiots.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

No. Freaking. Doubt.

Seriously.

And frankly, I think the whole Reveille tradition and mystique is pretty cool. It's the one thing Aggie has gotten right.

OUDoc
9/11/2007, 08:19 AM
I would. It's not a big deal. If Stoops wasn't there, big deal. Ponies or a dog or groundskeeper Willy are absent, not a big deal.

Edit: I've said this years ago, the more I learn about A&M's "traditions", the less I like that school. Just my opinion.

sanantoniosooner
9/11/2007, 08:23 AM
I was late for the tailgate party at the UNT game.

ESPN relegated that information to PAGE 2

Scott D
9/11/2007, 08:49 AM
Mike Gottfried was having a ball on ESPNU's Inside the Polls yesterday about the Reveille story. Kept laughing about the dog being on "quarantine" status.

Miko
9/11/2007, 10:33 AM
Frankly, I would expect atm to quarranteen the kid for stepping on the dog.

uga took a running leap for an auburn player in the endzone one year, and the jawjah fans make t-shirts of it and build the dog an air-conditioned house on the side lines.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 10:53 AM
that's because Uga >>>>> Reveille :D

MamaMia
9/11/2007, 11:10 AM
Step on dog's tail.

Dog snaps at idiot who stepped on tail.

Quarantine dog.

Brilliant!My sentiments exactly. Why on earth was the clumsy fool who stepped on the dogs tail allowed to attend the game? He should have been made to grab his own crotch until great pain ensued.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 11:20 AM
he'd be grabbing his crotch for eternity since he was gelded upon joining the corps.

OUFan22
9/11/2007, 11:52 AM
This does of course come from the network that brings you wrestling, water polo, rock-paper-scissors world championships, and the world series of poker. Then feels the need to add more networks to cover all things "sports." :rolleyes:
Why are you throwing wrestling in there with these other sports/events? You need to give wrestling some respect as it is the toughest sport you would probably ever do. Evidently you have never wrestled. ESPN doesn't cover wrestling nearly enough.

OklaUalum
9/11/2007, 11:55 AM
Yet more proof that the A&M culture is but yet a CULT.

hgarmorer
9/11/2007, 03:25 PM
I know ESPiN is sometimes pretty lame but here on the "Forde Yard Dash" was something pretty funny...

Bad Dog
Texas A&M mascot Reveille VII (35), the collie that sits on the sideline at Aggies games, was benched last week for snapping at her handler after the guy stepped on her tail. Sounds like he had it coming.

Being the highest-ranking member of the Corps of Cadets gives Reveille something to bark about.

But here's the part of the wire story that stopped The Dash: "Reveille is considered the highest-ranking member of the school's Corps of Cadets and stands at attention in her maroon coat during sporting events and other functions."

Highest-ranking member of the Corps of Cadets? Do they salute the dog? Are there medals on the dog's coat? And why does the dog wear a coat to begin with?

If Reveille outranks the humans, what right do they have to discipline her for biting one of them? Shouldn't the correct response to a bite from a commanding officer be, "Thank you, ma'am, may I have another?"