PDA

View Full Version : MAN LAW QUESTION - NEED HELP

PLaw
9/9/2007, 07:48 PM
Here is the scenario: I'm a fourth generation Okie and lifelong Sooner fan that grew up in West Texas thanks to Warren Petroleum, an old Tulsa company. Ultimately, I graduated from a Texas high school and got my engineering degree from TTU. I moved to Florida in the early '90's and met my wife. She grew up in Detroit and was not a sports fan. After fifteen of marriage, she has some appreciation for my Sooner obsession - but not totally. Here's the problem: She took the daughter shopping at Acadamy last week and bought a t-sip tee shirt for her. Not that my daughter wanted that specific shirt - she just wanted some college shirts for volleyball practice.

To me, this breaks every Sooner Man Law to bring anything burnt orange into our home. Am I over reacting or should I just chill?

BOOMER
PLaw
:confused:

OK2LA
9/9/2007, 07:50 PM
Divorce the biotch.

tommieharris91
9/9/2007, 07:53 PM
Burn the shirt.

OUinFLA
9/9/2007, 07:58 PM
perhaps she really meant to use it to clean the toilet?
You might ask her with a loaded question, give her a chance to save face.
Surely you can ask it in a way she will know how to answer.

olevetonahill
9/9/2007, 07:59 PM
You Must assert your Man hood
Make her throw it out and burn it . Then Get you Daughter Properly attired

Widescreen
9/9/2007, 08:01 PM
Just buy her some OU stuff. Problem solved.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 08:04 PM
I think you might want to consult an attorney..........

tulsaoilerfan
9/9/2007, 08:05 PM
If she hasn't worn it take it back yourself

bluedogok
9/9/2007, 08:08 PM
Burn the shirt.
+1,000,000

Here are a few links for you.
Univeristy of Oklahoma - Official online Store (http://www.soonersports.com/store/index.html)
The Big Red Shop (http://www.soonersports.com/store/index.html?)
Sports Authority - Oklahoma Sooners Fan Shop (http://www.sportsauthority.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=716263&cp=2127144.715787)

OK2LA
I think you might want to consult an attorney..........

I do not think that this is an over reaction.

Jewstin
It's a trap!

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 08:19 PM
Your wife either doesn't understand you or did it to **** you off, you need to find out which it is.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 08:34 PM
Your wife either doesn't understand you or did it to **** you off, you need to find out which it is.

Very true. Once you conclude your investigation though, you still have to have a plan of action. The first of which will include, without a doubt, allocation of marital assets.....

bakerjrb
9/9/2007, 08:40 PM
Tell your wife that she should have bought your daughter TWO t-sip shirts:

One to sh*t on, and one to cover it up with.....

Boomer!

Blues1
9/9/2007, 08:46 PM
Paint your Living room - wearing the Shirt - Be sure to splash alot..... :)

yermom
9/9/2007, 08:47 PM
how can you have been married that long and her not know how wrong that was?

KantoSooner
9/9/2007, 08:52 PM
Now,now. Cool heads are called for here.

I had a similar situation in which my wife (who is not only not Okla bred but actually of foreign roots) bought OSU fridge magnets; ostensibly 'because they were cute'. We'll leave aside questions of taste for the moment..

There is and was only one thing to do: I quietly engaged my daughter in a small fire next to the trash dumpster. That took care of the offending magnets, and what child doesn't like fire? I replaced them with proper OU fridge magnets. Finally, I trained the daughter (then 3) to give me a loud 'Touchdown, Oklahoma' with arms held aloft on cue. (this may be less feasible if your daughter is a teenager, but more entertaining for onlookers.)

At least that's the way I handled it. In any event, firm measures are called for.

Feel free to private message me for one-on-one consultation if needed. We'll get through this thing together.

jwlynn64
9/9/2007, 09:00 PM
There must be some form of formal destruction of the shirt and the wife needs to be present. A message must be sent that purchasing of Saxet merchandise will not be tolerated. Finally, some sort of oath or pact must be performed so that there is no question that this will never be repeated.

If the wife doesn't agree that these terms, that would be over reacting!

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2007, 09:06 PM
Make your daughter wear it upside down.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 09:11 PM
Now,now. Cool heads are called for here.

I had a similar situation in which my wife (who is not only not Okla bred but actually of foreign roots) bought OSU fridge magnets; ostensibly 'because they were cute'. We'll leave aside questions of taste for the moment..

There is and was only one thing to do: I quietly engaged my daughter in a small fire next to the trash dumpster. That took care of the offending magnets, and what child doesn't like fire? I replaced them with proper OU fridge magnets. Finally, I trained the daughter (then 3) to give me a loud 'Touchdown, Oklahoma' with arms held aloft on cue. (this may be less feasible if your daughter is a teenager, but more entertaining for onlookers.)

At least that's the way I handled it. In any event, firm measures are called for.

Feel free to private message me for one-on-one consultation if needed. We'll get through this thing together.

The force is strong.....

GottaHavePride
9/9/2007, 09:12 PM
Sheesh, you guys are tards. Buy the daughter a bunch of OU stuff. Offer to do the laundry. Make the Texas shirt quietly disappear.

olevetonahill
9/9/2007, 09:14 PM
Sheesh, you guys are tards. Buy the daughter a bunch of OU stuff. Offer to do the laundry. Make the Texas shirt quietly disappear.
Did you Miss the title ?
Its MAN law
Now rethink your response !:P

GottaHavePride
9/9/2007, 09:18 PM
Pfffff. Worrying about "Man Law" is gay.

Assuming PLaw actually likes his wife, my way both gets rid of the offending shirt AND doesn't make the wife mad that he handled the situation like an 8-year-old.

After the shirt disappears, if she asks what happens to it say "I took it to Goodwill. I'm an OU fan, and I'd rather not have my daughter wearing Texas stuff, so I bought her some OU shirts to replace it."

olevetonahill
9/9/2007, 09:21 PM
Pfffff. Worrying about "Man Law" is gay.

Assuming PLaw actually likes his wife, my way both gets rid of the offending shirt AND doesn't make the wife mad that he handled the situation like an 8-year-old.

After the shirt disappears, if she asks what happens to it say "I took it to Goodwill. I'm an OU fan, and I'd rather not have my daughter wearing Texas stuff, so I bought her some OU shirts to replace it."
You gotta quit hangin out around sicem :P

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 09:21 PM
Public burning of the shirt.

Replacement with acceptable shirt.

SoonerGrant
9/9/2007, 09:38 PM
Just take it back and demand a refund...

TUSooner
9/9/2007, 09:39 PM
how can you have been married that long and her not know how wrong that was?
Kazactically!
You must have been neglecting your marriage in a not great way.

OUDoc
9/9/2007, 09:48 PM
Get rid of it in the most offensive way possible.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 09:51 PM
Get rid of it in the most offensive way possible.
exactly.

The sight of her father wiping his butt with the shirt and burning it should keep her from ever getting another one.

AZOUFan
9/9/2007, 10:44 PM
My wife once came out into the living room on her way out the door to run some errands wearing an orange shirt, not a Whorn shirt, just a shirt that was orange. I exclaimed "What in the hell are you wearing? That shirt is orange for Gods sake!" She changed into a shirt of a more appropriate color, and she no longer owns that orange shirt, or any other item of clothing that is orange.

Take that for what it's worth, but this advice given about getting rid of it quietly just doesn't have your best interest at heart. What if your wife walked around telling everyone she and your daughter are Whorn fans? Same thing, nip this in the bud my friend. Tactfully of course, but in a manner befitting the tragedy that has just taken place.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Yeah yeah, a great line, and I'm not saying this was done on purpose, I am saying that perhaps you should keep one eye open towards this behavior for a 6 month probationary period.

crimson&cream
9/9/2007, 10:53 PM
My son's friend he works with was wearing and LosuR cap the other day and as he started in the front of my place I told you'll have to leave the cap outside as I don't allow anything LosuR or TexASS in my home. Stand your ground!

OKC-SLC
9/9/2007, 11:06 PM
1) Take the shirt back and get refund. Burning it is equivalent to burning money. Let a whorn buy it and look stupid in it.

2) Buy appropriate merchandise, to include tasteful OU shirt.

3) Quietly, but forcefully, re-educate the wife so that this never happens again.

4) Educate the daughter in case this were to happen again.

101sooner
9/9/2007, 11:15 PM
Let her wear the shirt.

SoonerRecon
9/10/2007, 12:42 AM
go camping and eat some chili and jalapenos, then you'll find a use for that burnt orange tshirt

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 01:16 AM
Deface the shirt...Permanent markers can really change the meaning.

birddog
9/10/2007, 01:30 AM
this is more a sooner law than man law.

Crucifax Autumn
9/10/2007, 01:36 AM
And we know all REAL men are Sooners, so...

ouflak
9/10/2007, 04:17 AM
Whatever. Make that shirt 'disappear'. Buy a replacement. If you are scared she might actually notice (if she does, that suggests purposeful provocation), find a Tennessee shirt to replace it with and cohertly slip it into the wardrobe. Heck, if she's not that big of a sports fan and she did do that on purpose, she still might not notice the difference ever.

The sight of her father wiping his butt with the shirt ...

I don't think we want the girl to end up in a mental institution. Things haven't gotten that low yet.

OUDizzle
9/10/2007, 06:27 AM
Just hold your daughter upside-down in public.

soonerinabilene
9/10/2007, 09:04 AM

This + donkey punch= problem solved.

soonermagicgirl
9/10/2007, 09:11 AM
Here is the scenario: I'm a fourth generation Okie and lifelong Sooner fan that grew up in West Texas thanks to Warren Petroleum, an old Tulsa company. Ultimately, I graduated from a Texas high school and got my engineering degree from TTU. I moved to Florida in the early '90's and met my wife. She grew up in Detroit and was not a sports fan. After fifteen of marriage, she has some appreciation for my Sooner obsession - but not totally. Here's the problem: She took the daughter shopping at Acadamy last week and bought a t-sip tee shirt for her. Not that my daughter wanted that specific shirt - she just wanted some college shirts for volleyball practice.

To me, this breaks every Sooner Man Law to bring anything burnt orange into our home. Am I over reacting or should I just chill?

BOOMER
PLaw
:confused:

Here is a list of things to do with a burnt orange shirt:
1. use it to clean toilets
2. spare toilet paper
3. wash the car
4. pick up pets poop
5. cut the horns out and place it upside down on your car antenna
6. use for firewood
7. tire cleaner
8. donate it to a convicted felon
9. add more letters like "Texas Longhorns, School of convicted felons."
10. spare handkerchief to blow your nose.

See... there are many ways to use that nasty shirt your wife bought...:O

MiccoMacey
9/10/2007, 09:13 AM
Let her wear the shirt.

My man is right. Let her wear the shirt in public.

The ridicule and self-shame she will endure will be a much more lasting lesson than anything her dad can do to her.

As for the wife...

A freezer, a wood chipper, and 10,000 acres of untraversable woods. :D

jkjsooner
9/10/2007, 09:21 AM
Child abuse is no laughing matter!

(kidding of course)