PDA

View Full Version : My Blonde Daughter is suffering...

Okla-homey
9/9/2007, 03:03 PM
She has never personally experienced affiliation with a bad football team. Last night's AU home loss at the hands (hooves?) of the UCF Bulls in triple OT made her cry.

I advised her to look on the experience as a character building exercise. She was not amused.

I'm thinking this year might also break her streak of never knowing defeat at the hands of Bammer. At this rate, I bet Ole Miss beats 'em too. Florida? <shivver> It could be shades of NTSU v. OU.

hurricane'bone
9/9/2007, 03:14 PM
USF

GottaHavePride
9/9/2007, 03:14 PM
I'd offer to console her, but I don't think I can run fast enough.

Okla-homey
9/9/2007, 03:15 PM
USF

whatever.

proud gonzo
9/9/2007, 03:15 PM
I'd offer to console her, but I don't think I can run fast enough.nah, but you could probably be a pretty good moving target

royalfan5
9/9/2007, 03:28 PM
USF is a very solid program on the rise. This loss may not look so bad by the end of the year.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2007, 03:34 PM
Alabama>Ole Miss>Florida>Auburn

SoonerStormchaser
9/9/2007, 04:12 PM
Everyone (except Rice)> Baylor

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2007, 04:53 PM
You forgot Iowa St ;)

JohnnyMack
9/9/2007, 08:05 PM
If Stoops left, I'd take Jim Leavitt in a heartbeat to replace him.

critical_phil
9/9/2007, 08:11 PM
.....I advised her to look on the experience as a character building exercise.

wouldn't a responsible parent accept some of the blame for sending her to an aggie colidge?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2007, 11:39 PM
She has Non-Sooneritis. Some realize the symptoms earlier than she did, but it happens to them all.

Boarder
9/9/2007, 11:55 PM
TCU is a very solid program on the rise. This loss may not look so bad by the end of the year.

yeah.

soonerboomer93
9/10/2007, 01:01 AM
Everyone (except Rice)> Baylor

lookee at the cougar chaser sucking up to homey

:pop:

tommieharris91
9/10/2007, 01:04 AM
SoonerBoarder, TCU went 11-1 that season.

USF will probably go 8-4, and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat WVU or Louisville.

Boarder
9/10/2007, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I tell myself that, too.

skycat
9/10/2007, 12:10 PM
If Stoops left, I'd take Jim Leavitt in a heartbeat to replace him.

Leavitt said K-State (where he was co-DC with Stoops) threw more money at him last year than Alabama had offered the previous year. Which was a lot.

Seems hard to believe, but it's what he said.

Dood ain't going anywhere.

They've now beat West Virginia, Louisville, and Auburn in consecutive years. USF is pretty salty.

And blonde daughter's team should be 0-2.:mad:

royalfan5
9/10/2007, 12:13 PM
Leavitt said K-State (where he was co-DC with Stoops) threw more money at him last year than Alabama had offered the previous year. Which was a lot.

They've now beat West Virginia, Louisville, and Auburn in consecutive years. USF is pretty salty.

Isn't Leavitt from the Tampa area? I think it would be really hard to leave a program when you built it from scratch like Leavitt did.

skycat
9/10/2007, 12:15 PM
Isn't Leavitt from the Tampa area? I think it would be really hard to leave a program when you built it from scratch like Leavitt did.

Yup, it's home, and it's his program.

And it's becoming a pretty good one at that.

yermom
9/10/2007, 12:18 PM
Lee Roy is the AD as well ;)

i think it's pretty fair to call them a program on the rise, they are pretty new to Division 1-A and i think they would have made a bowl the year they played us if they were in a conference. they've been doing pretty well in the Big East

it's not like TCU was a bottom dweller in the last few years, they have been close to making the BCS a few times now

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 12:40 PM

I don't think it's an argument to be having right now anyway, but let's just say that OU might be a stronger pull than KSU.

:P

Taxman71
9/10/2007, 12:42 PM
Tampa > Tuscaloosa > Manhattan, KS

IB4OU2
9/10/2007, 01:00 PM
Lee Roy is the AD as well ;)

i think it's pretty fair to call them a program on the rise, they are pretty new to Division 1-A and i think they would have made a bowl the year they played us if they were in a conference. they've been doing pretty well in the Big East

it's not like TCU was a bottom dweller in the last few years, they have been close to making the BCS a few times now

Lee Roy has a restuarant (or a chain of them) in Tampa, Ribs and soul food made from his mama's recipes. It's really good and he gave me a copy of a menu and a T-shirt. Who would'nt want to work for Leroy?

skycat
9/10/2007, 01:43 PM
I don't think it's an argument to be having right now anyway, but let's just say that OU might be a stronger pull than KSU.

:P

And even if I were to grant you that, from a professional point of view, would you rather follow legend in his own time Bob Stoops, at tradition rich OU?

Or that unsightly bunch they've had down in bammer, at tradition rich Alabama?

skycat
9/10/2007, 01:43 PM
Tampa > Tuscaloosa > Manhattan, KS

Meh.

And where would Norman fit in that list?

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2007, 02:13 PM
And even if I were to grant you that, from a professional point of view, would you rather follow legend in his own time Bob Stoops, at tradition rich OU?

Or that unsightly bunch they've had down in bammer, at tradition rich Alabama?

Rule No. 1 of College Coaching -- NEVER follow a legend. Follow the person who follows the legend.

Taxman71
9/10/2007, 04:07 PM
Meh.

And where would Norman fit in that list?

Obviously, we have intangibles that few locales can claim.

critical_phil
9/10/2007, 05:40 PM
Obviously, we have intangibles that few locales can claim.

i assume this is the highfalutin lawyer-talk way to say Sugars.

Taxman71
9/10/2007, 05:56 PM
In Norman, you can get drunk and go cow-tipping on Toby Keith's ranch or ring and run Switzer's house. Try that in Manhattan, Kansas and Heaven's Gate Snyder might waive his magic wand and send to the parellel universe with Bizarro Superman and the rest of the Legion of Doom. Do it in Bama and they will never find you.

And it is Suger's, not Sugar's....don't you read your bank statement?;)