PDA

View Full Version : Looking Down The Road of 2007..

Blues1
9/9/2007, 02:08 PM
Ok I hate getting ahead of the Season -
But - It crossed my mind this 'What IF' for the 2007 College football season.

" What If " -- USC, LSU and OU and maybe even someone else ( Penn State - West Virgina or whoever..? ) -- All GO Undeafted This Year...!

Seems to me this would be the Huge Big Reason to call for a *One More Game Championship* after the Bowls...It's not like some tcu or boise state going without a loss - It's a Really Big 3 or 4 Schools we are talking about...We are talking Real Big Money here and is seems to me College football fans would want to know "Who is Really Number One" -??

So I PREDICT without shame :D ---- This will be *The Year* after the bowls that at least a one more game - A "Real National Championship Game" will become a Reality....Not This year - But it will force one in 2008.. - And all college football fans will all argue about for years to come as who was the Real Number 1 in 2007--:hot:

Think I'm Crazy ? -- Remember this post from Last year -- ?

A&M will beat Texas.....:D

Someone bring this post back up in April or May 2008....:eek:

Still Rockin and just maybe a little Crazy .....;)

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 02:16 PM
Bradford is awesome.

It's good to see Halze getting some PT.

It's something we haven't seen Bob do for awhile.

I like knowing we're deep in the QB position.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 04:26 PM
It would definitely lead to some changes. Fortunately for us though, all those other guys are gonna lose a game if not 2 while we go undefeated.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 04:30 PM
The possibility that USC, LSU and OU end up undefeated is a real possibility. Regardless of who is left out, it would be a shame of ages.

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 04:45 PM
The possibility that USC, LSU and OU end up undefeated is a real possibility. Regardless of who is left out, it would be a shame of ages.

It would probably be OU.

However I like the system the way it is. I think it puts the 2 best teams throughout the season in the title game. Something that playoffs rarely do.

AlbqSooner
9/9/2007, 05:28 PM
Have you guys already forgotten the USC argument in '03 or the Auburn argument in '04? Even if this happens, it will not lead to significant change.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 05:33 PM
Can you imagine the holy hell we would raise if we were undefeated and locked out of the NC game?

AllAboutThe'O'
9/9/2007, 05:35 PM
Right now, it looks like OU and LSU are the two best teams in college football.

USC has some catching up to do. Think they may send a message next week in Lincoln, Neb.?

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 06:00 PM
Can you imagine the holy hell we would raise if we were undefeated and locked out of the NC game?

well we raised Holy Hell after the Oregon game and it didn't do us any good. Auburn raised hell after they got left out, same as USC the year before.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 06:05 PM
I just don't want to have to go through it to be honest, I got enough injustice in my life. I find it hard that LSU will be able to make it through the SEC unscathed, then we get USC. Two exorcisms in one year would be nice.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 06:05 PM
doublepost delete

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 06:26 PM
I just don't want to have to go through it to be honest, I got enough injustice in my life. I find it hard that LSU will be able to make it through the SEC unscathed, then we get USC. Two exorcisms in one year would be nice.

same here,

KantoSooner
9/9/2007, 06:30 PM
If all three are undefeated, we'll get left out because we got 'in' with both and got beaten in the last ten years. Not right, maybe, but that's how I see it happening.
Happily, though, LSU is going to lose one. USC won't, I think.

Dan Thompson
9/9/2007, 06:30 PM
I think USC will loose at Oregon Oct 27 and that LSU will have its hands full at Florida on Oct 6th, the same day we beat Texas.

I think we will be playing LSU for the MNC.

EnidHighSooner
9/9/2007, 06:31 PM
I think were better than LSu

85sooners
9/9/2007, 06:38 PM
booooomer!!

bcgvh
9/9/2007, 07:07 PM
I don't see all 3 going undefeated again. USC is not the same USC from 2 years ago, they could easily go down in conference play. And LSU has a tough schedule, and will probably have to play Florida twice!! I don't see them going undefeated. I think we will be the only undefeated team along with maybe West Virginia, and that title game would be a blow out.

OUinFLA
9/9/2007, 07:13 PM
Florida hasnt shown much defense, I think LSU will beat them this year.
But, getting through the SEC isn't a given, even for LSU.
Besides, imagine all the crap that's gonna be going on at the end of the year with Meechigan tossing bait at Lester.

TAFBSooner
9/9/2007, 08:18 PM
I don't see all 3 going undefeated again. . . . And LSU has a tough schedule, and will probably have to play Florida twice!! I don't see them going undefeated. . .

In 2003, OU, LSU, and USC each had one loss.

I'd like to see Lester lose every game on his schedule, which conflicts with my other wish to have OU beat him two more times in future Septembers.:mad:

What is his all-time record against OU, starting with the 1975 season OB?