PDA

View Full Version : Think we get to #3 in the polls?

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 08:51 AM
USC and LSU are going to be 1 and 2, but LSU could start stealing some #1 votes and you cannot blame the voters for that. LSU has looked as impressive as we have.

But we should surely leave Wisconsin in the dust now with our latest performance...and theirs. Now Florida is the defending national champion, but everyone knows their defense has issues. 9 new starters showed yesterday as they gave up 31 to Troy. Right now, they don't look as complete as we do.

West Virginia showed some flaws at well against Marshall, and the fact we were pounding the team that pounded Marshall the week before while West Virginia was struggling with them could launch us to the number three spot.

How impressive would that be to start the year ranked number 8 and only have one team ahead of us lose and still move up five spots? That means we pass four teams just on looking that much better!

Please someone beat LSU...I surely don't want to have to play those freaks in their own backyard again. How many times do we have to play a national title game in someone's backyard?

Miami - 1987/8
Kansas in hoops - 1988
Florida State - 2000/1
LSU - 2003/4

I'd love a shot at USC, though. I don't see Leinart or Bush on this team.

Lots of work to do, but Texas has obvious flaws...so do A&M and OSU...and Tech gave up big numbers at home...to UTEP. Colorado started impressively last night, but then looked bad the final three quarters.

DrZaius
9/9/2007, 08:54 AM
here here....

Sooner98
9/9/2007, 09:01 AM
We will certainly break away from Wisconisin, possibly pull ahead of WV, and definitely will not pass Florida this week.

TripleOption14
9/9/2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah i agree with the last post. If anything we have the #5 spot all to OUrselves now. Thats the only realistic change that could be made.

OklahomaTuba
9/9/2007, 09:03 AM
LSU is more impressive than USuck IMO.

LSU has a much harder schedule than Usuck, and lester is still an aggie who will be more interested in looking at real estate in Ann Arbor. It will all fall into place.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 09:05 AM
This just in,HOWARD Smellybourbon DOES NOT have OU in his TOP 25 in the coaches poll.Of course we don't know that BUT he did have us at #18 in the published coaches poll going into The Fiesta Bowl.We keep winning(especially like this) the polls will take care of themselves.

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah i agree with the last post. If anything we have the #5 spot all to OUrselves now. Thats the only realistic change that could be made.

Well, the ESPN guys disagree with you...and some of them have votes. Herbie said he is voting us at number 3. Hell, Corso's crazy *** thinks we are number one. I guarantee Mark May, if he has a vote, will put us in the top 3. We will see...doesn't matter just yet...but I see no way Florida beats LSU at this point...and the SEC isn't as impressive as I once thought. LSU only has tough road games at Kentucky and at Alabama. Unless Saban can do the voodoo on his former team, this team seems destined for perfection.

USC's ride looks MUCH tougher now. At Nebraska...AT Oregon...AT Arizona State. Shocked if they are unbeaten.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 09:09 AM
Based on performance, I see many intelligent voters at least moving us to #3. But as stated earlier, we just need to keep kicking *** and things will take care of themselves.

CatfishSooner
9/9/2007, 09:23 AM
best-3rd, worst-5th to ourselves...

Readyfor8
9/9/2007, 09:53 AM
LSU is more impressive than USuck IMO.

LSU has a much harder schedule than Usuck, and lester is still an aggie who will be more interested in looking at real estate in Ann Arbor. It will all fall into place.

LSU does not have a "much harder schedule" if only because they have every currently ranked team at home and zero road tests. Granted they have to win the SEC Title without a loss, on a neutral field, but LSU has a creampuff of a schedule with Auburn, Florida, and Arkansas all coming to Baton Rouge, and the only true road test could be a currently unranked Alabama.