PDA

View Full Version : Was it Boomer or Sooner

85Sooner
9/9/2007, 08:00 AM
That was hurt. I saw during one of the after scores runs that the pony on the front right had a leg taped up and appeared to be running on three legs. Anyone else notice it? Maybe it was just the beverages consumed. inquiring minds want to know.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 08:04 AM
I thought this was gonna be a BASH THE HORSEPIGS thread.I did not notice,although I.m sure both are alright.I'm quite positive they get the best care availible.

soonerboomer93
9/9/2007, 08:16 AM
somewhere I read that one of them got caught in the reins...

I'm not sure what all happened though, because I didn't see

OUHOMER
9/9/2007, 08:19 AM
I notice during one of the touch down runs, they were having a hard time turning the schooner. I thought it was maybe the rufnek thats was driving it.

fadada1
9/9/2007, 09:06 AM
the ponies are just plain worn out after the first 2 weeks.

cut 'em some slack, folks.

SaxySooner
9/9/2007, 10:00 AM
I saw it happen, and yeah, the pony just got its foot caught in the reins. The Ruf/Neks stopped the schooner and untangled it, and the pony was all better.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/9/2007, 10:16 AM
Here comes PETA :rolleyes:

cvsooner
9/9/2007, 11:29 AM
They need to spend more time with Coach Schmidt in the off-season.

jwlynn64
9/9/2007, 08:55 PM
That after the first touchdown yesterday, that Boomer (or Sooner) that pulls the schooner had his front foot caught over the yoke (or what ever it's called) and his handler just slapped him on his rear and made him run three legged until they got off the field?

I just got a chance to watch the game today (I was in attendance yesterday) and saw it. My wife has been telling me about it all day. I didn't think anything about it because I thought she meant the mascot and I'm all for something bad happening to those guys :eek:

Luckily it went pretty fast or we'd be the target of PETA or some other misguided group by now. When you knew to look for it, it actually looked pretty bad.

TMcGee86
9/9/2007, 08:59 PM
I saw that. I commented on it at the time, I was surprised they didn't stop the run and fix it but I just figured they didn't see it.

I suppose it didn't do any permanent damage, but it did look bad. I felt sorry for the horse.

umberto
9/9/2007, 09:05 PM
The horse that got it's hoof stuck got it stuck because it was constantly pulling harder than the other horse. This caused the rigging to be at an angle, which made it easier to catch a hoof. I think if the slow horse doesn't shape up in the next couple of games, we should go with the hotshot freshman recruit. :P

SoonerWood
9/9/2007, 09:11 PM
Did you notice one of the horses run into the ref last week? Didn't knock him over but clocked him pretty good.

Petro-Sooner
9/9/2007, 09:17 PM
From way far away I noticed early on that the horse on the right side was running further to the right than what it looked like it should. I'm sure the neks there at the time were to stoned to notice.

AlabamaSooner
9/9/2007, 09:32 PM
I know nothing about horses, wagons, etc., but that dang "bar" is right up against their legs and their hitting it as they run. I'd probably try to avoid kicking it as well while I was running. Sure looks painful to me at least.

Rhino
9/9/2007, 09:46 PM
We noticed it. Lil was freakin' out about it before I even saw it.

They didn't stop the Schooner right away (I don't think they noticed it immediately), but they did stop it before they ran into the tunnel and made sure the pony was okay.

OUinFLA
9/9/2007, 09:51 PM
In case it's leg is hurt, could we just shoot a horsepig instead?

OUmillenium
9/9/2007, 09:53 PM
My wife pointed that out on the first run. The horse seemed to be fine the rest of the day and definitely pulled harder/faster than the horse on the left everytime. I think that is due to the training, since with the counterclockwise turn, the horse on the right has to cover more distance than the horse on the left in the same amount of time. Wow, I actually did use some of that geometry I copied back in 1989.

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 11:45 PM
I saw some of the Neks followed by the Horsepig in a John Deere cart running through the Frat hOUses before the Game.

There were lots of cars in the way and Boomer and Sooner got caught up in traffic.

I think the horse owners need to have someone with some compassion and good sense help the Neks with some training.

Boomer and Sooner aren't whipping boys....they are Live Mascots.

They should be treated like Kings.

jwlynn64
9/9/2007, 11:51 PM
Boomer and Sooner aren't whipping boys....they are Live Mascots.

They should be treated like Kings.

I agree. I wouldn't even have commented about it but the Rufnek watching the horse slapped it on the rear instead of looking to see what the problem was.

85Sooner
9/10/2007, 08:00 AM
Your late to the party

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99117

jwlynn64
9/10/2007, 08:16 AM
I thought about searching but didn't have a clue as to what I would search for. Thanks for the link.