PDA

View Full Version : OUr revenge not SWEET?

stoopified
9/9/2007, 06:50 AM
Besides Berry Tramel,who here thinks that?First of all it WAS Miami,second of all it was A HUGE WIN,third I don't think Miami is as bad as we made them look,and FINALLY its F'ING MIAMI !!

Tastes plenty sweet to me.BTW who names their child BERRY?Barry YES,but Berry?

swardboy
9/9/2007, 08:30 AM
What dark place does this guy come from? Zero cred......I don't a Sooner in the universe who isn't saying "Schweeeeet!" right now!!!

85sooners
9/9/2007, 10:27 AM
boooooooomer!!

SwitzerFan
9/9/2007, 01:36 PM
Sooooooooner!!

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 01:39 PM
I ate an Orange for breakfast.

Jacie
9/9/2007, 01:47 PM
It coulda been better had Jimmy been on the sidelines but heck, he probably doesn't care what happens to em anyway.

For those of us who suffered through those previous losses to what was a team of thugs, IT WAS WONDERFUL!

Dan Thompson
9/9/2007, 03:04 PM
I couldn't decide where to have an Orange Smoothie, or Orange Juice with lots of Plup.;)

MyT Oklahoma
9/9/2007, 03:09 PM
I couldn't decide where to have an Orange Smoothie, or Orange Juice with lots of Plup.;)

Go with the extra pulp. Burp!

P.S. And yeah just like everybody esle I've been waiting for that payback since 1988. What comes around goes around.. and life is tough baby. Life is tough.

TopDawg
9/9/2007, 03:11 PM
Tramel didn't say the revenge wasn't sweet...he said it wasn't as sweet as it sounds.

I see where he's coming from. I loved the game yesterday, but that Miami team we beat yesterday was nothing like the OU teams they beat (repeatedly) in the 80's.

So while the revenge was sweet, I was left wanting more. For a few years in the 80's, they were the only team that could beat us and they did it 3 times, robbing us of 2 national titles. Knocking them to 1-1 was nice, but I don't consider the score settled...we still owe 'em a few.

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 03:35 PM
Tramel didn't say the revenge wasn't sweet...he said it wasn't as sweet as it sounds.

I see where he's coming from. I loved the game yesterday, but that Miami team we beat yesterday was nothing like the OU teams they beat (repeatedly) in the 80's.

So while the revenge was sweet, I was left wanting more. For a few years in the 80's, they were the only team that could beat us and they did it 3 times, robbing us of 2 national titles. Knocking them to 1-1 was nice, but I don't consider the score settled...we still owe 'em a few.

It seems like when OU is really really good there just happens to be some other insanely good team out there.
Miami -80's
USC--now

stoopified
9/9/2007, 05:36 PM

So while the revenge was sweet, I was left wanting more. For a few years in the 80's, they were the only team that could beat us and they did it 3 times, robbing us of 2 national titles. Knocking them to 1-1 was nice, but I don't consider the score settled...we still owe 'em a few.IThis game was not complete revenge ,but it is a good start and to be honest the only that would have made it complete IMHO was to have JJ on the UM sidelines as coach.I just think Bery was sucking the life outta the victory IMHO.

yermom
9/9/2007, 05:45 PM
i'll feel a lot better when we do the same thing @Miami in a couple of years

TopDawg
9/9/2007, 05:48 PM
Well, I for one kinda agree with him. It was awesome to hand it to Miami that way, but I left thinking "that was great, but not as good as I thought it'd be."

When someone breaks into your house and steals your home entertainment system, your computer and your car you might think "man, I can't wait to get revenge on him." Then you wait for years and when you finally get your chance all you get is an iPod with a whole lot of songs (because that's all he has). Yeah, it's still an iPod with a lot of songs, but it's not as good as you hoped.

TopDawg
9/9/2007, 05:49 PM
i'll feel a lot better when we do the same thing @Miami in a couple of years

Yeah, that will be another step in the right direction...I just hope they're better by then so it actually feels like we're taking something from them.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2007, 05:55 PM
We just play better against state of Florida teams

Desert Sapper
9/12/2007, 12:55 PM
What would have been nice is if we could have beat miami in the Orange Bowl for #7 instead of fsu. This still feels damn good. Miami is much better than people are thinking right now. If they can recover from our azzbeating, they will fare much better than they did last year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2007, 01:06 PM
How much would you downplayers enjoy beating the whorns when they aren't highly ranked? Same kinda deal. Same goes for domer and suc.

TopDawg
9/12/2007, 03:51 PM
I'll always enjoy a win. And I enjoyed this Miami win a whole helluva lot. But I thought I'd enjoy it more. It was a long time coming and I'd anticipated it since the day they announced...so even though it was great, it wasn't as great as I'd hoped.

Is that so hard to understand? That's all Tramel is saying.

soonermix
9/12/2007, 05:28 PM
i don't care if they are the greatest college football team ever assembled or can barely field a team i still love to beat miami, same for texas, same for osu

insuranceman_22
9/12/2007, 11:33 PM
The win was absolutely incredible. Not only did we win, we statistically & physically abused the U. We pretty much dominated every part of the game (okay except for deep snaps to the punter). I realize miami isn't a top 10 team, but dammit they are miami and any win (especially an azz-whipping like last Saturday) is very, very sweet.

Sooner_Havok
9/13/2007, 12:18 AM
You know if some how Miami won the ACC, Tramel would stick by his statement that beating them wasn't a big deal. Tramel is one of the dingle-berries of life, holding on by a thin hair to his pitiful existence. His only career options were the Daily Oklahoman, or the Happy Texas weekly shopper. I really wish he had chose the later.

Crucifax Autumn
9/13/2007, 12:20 AM
That guy oughtta apply at the Weekly World News.

But come to think of it, their stories are more believable.

sooneron
9/13/2007, 08:44 AM
This game left me feeling like we went Travis Bickle on the retarded gang banger on the block, instead of the one that is running the crack house.

douxpaysan
9/13/2007, 10:04 AM
Feeding the monster of OUr football expectations is a mythical task. The Schooner has always been at least half full of "Wait-and-see-ers", you know the ones who said Yeah but North Texas is a hi school, Yeah but Miami is down this year....Yeah but texas is(pick your texcuse) ...wait and see. That is OK there has to be somebody at the back of the wagon holding down the flour barrel, worrying if the wagon will crash. But not for this "chicken counter" and I want the front seat...hell...I want to be out there with the ponies, wind in the air, bugs in the teeth enjoying every win and howling at the moon. If we finally lose a game at least I know I got my moneys worth.

arcman46
9/13/2007, 12:58 PM
The list of schools where the wins are just a bit sweeter, in my mind, are Texas, Miami, USuC, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Nebraska. It seems that these are roadblocks that we have had to have dealt with for the last 20-30 years. I also want some revenge of Boise State, though that one would probably not have the same meaning as the above teams.

Stoop Dawg
9/13/2007, 02:12 PM
Well, I for one kinda agree with [Tramel].

I never thought I'd be tempted to neg you. Please don't ever agree (even "kinda") with Tramel again. TIA.

When someone breaks into your car and steals your Sheena E collection.....

I didn't realize you were so tramatized by that. ;)

Partial Qualifier
9/13/2007, 02:35 PM
Beating Miami was "sweet" but I wouldn't call it Sweet Revenge.

In this circumstance, Revenge would mean setting their program back a few years or more. Or being the only team to beat them in the past 3 seasons. Or making it suddenly and painfully obvious to Miami they should abandon the offensive attack they've perfected over the past 20 years & multiple national championships along the way.

nope... we still owe them PLENTY MORE asskickings. If you're looking for revenge on Miami, and you really remember what Miami did to us in the 80's, that win Saturday was pretty damn hollow

douxpaysan
9/13/2007, 11:19 PM
nope... we still owe them PLENTY MORE asskickings. If you're looking for revenge on Miami, and you really remember what Miami did to us in the 80's, that win Saturday was pretty damn hollow
OH, I can't wait to beat them again in Miami. But hollow win? How many teams have put 50+ points on Miami in the last 25 years.....and with a freshman qb? If anyone has I guarantee it's a short list brother.

goingoneight
9/13/2007, 11:29 PM
If we went to the 2002 Rose Bowl and pistol-whipped Miami... yeah, that would be "sweet revenge." Beating Miami last Saturday is like beating OSU in 2005 and saying "yeah!!! Take that, Les Miles!!!" He's not there anymore, and OSU clearly wasn't the same, regardless of what "athletes" Miami had.

9/14/2007, 12:50 AM
If we went to the 2002 Rose Bowl and pistol-whipped Miami... yeah, that would be "sweet revenge." Beating Miami last Saturday is like beating OSU in 2005 and saying "yeah!!! Take that, Les Miles!!!" He's not there anymore, and OSU clearly wasn't the same, regardless of what "athletes" Miami had.It was the Miami monkey off our backs. It brought us even with them in the overall series....and, HOW WOULD YOU HAVE TAKEN A LOSS to those SOB'S?

Desert Sapper
9/14/2007, 07:55 AM
It was sweet enough that they even made a t-shirt:
http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store/Vendor17/fullscale/OSMIAMI2-c.jpg
Link (http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?store_id=17&dept_id=7097&product_id=111692&partner_id=14083)

stoopified
9/14/2007, 08:37 AM
Sarp shirt

sooneron
9/14/2007, 08:42 AM
It was sweet enough that they even made a t-shirt:
http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store/Vendor17/fullscale/OSMIAMI2-c.jpg
Link (http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?store_id=17&dept_id=7097&product_id=111692&partner_id=14083)
Aggie-

esque

TopDawg
9/14/2007, 09:45 AM
I didn't realize you were so tramatized by that. ;)

Props for the old school reference.

By disagreeing with Tramel, you're agreeing with RLIMC.

Pick your poison.

Jdog
9/14/2007, 05:48 PM
Saying that beating Miami when their down isn't sweet, is like saying beating Texas when their down isn't sweet. Hell it’s all sweet. They have 5 national championship and our players kick their a$$ and its sweet damn it - I even popped a bottle of champagne to celebrate – the good stuff.
Sometimes Trammel drives me craze with his analytical bleeding heart, human interest story, feel goody, goody, squishy, skinny boy BS. It seems that he must always have a better point of view then anyone else, and it usually dampens everyone else joy.
Anyway, All the best
Kick TEJAS
(that rant felt pretty good ---- but not as good as kicking Miami Arrrsss)
BOOMER SOONER

PS: tonight I'm going to see one of our top Recruits kick some KHS tail. only problem is I'm a KHS fan. Go Keller native americans!!!!! - don't worry we're changing the name to either the Irish or Scotts.

9/14/2007, 06:04 PM
Props for the old school reference.

By disagreeing with Tramel, you're agreeing with RLIMC.

PICK YOUR POISON.NOTE: Not all the posters on Soonerfans are liberals, er progressives, or whatever it is you prefer to be called.

soonerloyal
9/14/2007, 07:31 PM
I don't agree with Tramel, and I don't agree with RLIMC, either, at least on politics. I don't consider either of them to be the son of Satan. I just don't agree with them.

NOTE: FWIW, I prefer just to be called a proud, concerned American.

9/14/2007, 07:47 PM
I don't agree with Tramel, and I don't agree with RLIMC, either, at least on politics. I don't consider either of them to be the son of Satan. I just don't agree with them.

NOTE: FWIW, I prefer just to be called a proud, concerned American.You agree with me on football, but with Tramel on politics. KCool goin'.

soonerloyal
9/14/2007, 07:52 PM
I've known Berry since his daughter H. was little, and worked with him on PTA projects. He's a nice fella, but I don't agree with him on many of his sports opinions. Haven't talked politics with him, so can't say that's true.

You and I agree on most Things Sooner, though. That counts for a LOT.

We koo'. :cool:

9/14/2007, 08:16 PM
You and I agree on most Things Sooner, though. That counts for a LOT.

We koo'. :cool:GO BIG RED!!!!!(TRBR)

soonerloyal
9/14/2007, 08:26 PM
Wasn't Berry one of the short bussers who said we'd lose to FSU in 2000? Or was that just Deano Blevins?

Egad.

hookersooner
9/14/2007, 10:08 PM
There are teams we love to hate (texas,oswho,miami,etc). As I sit in my chair in awe,there is just one word for that game. SWEEEEEEEET!