PDA

View Full Version : What the fcuk?

Chuck Bao
9/9/2007, 01:13 AM
A normally professional-looking and attractive young woman in my office wore a bright yellow t-shirt with FCUK written all across her…ummm...the front of the t-shirt.

Fridays are casual day and all, but what’s the fcuk?

I’ve seen three women wearing these t-shirts in the last week.

So, I ask my colleagues if that’s not inappropriate. I mean, that could get her booted off a plane or something.

They said that it’s a famous fashion brand - French Connection UK. Like that makes sense.

So, after googling fcuk, I see that it is a real company and listed on the London Stock Exchange. And, they had the following bit for investors.

Our “fcuk” branding has become synonymous with contemporary, cool fashion and has been extended into complimentary licensed products including men’s and women’s toiletries, shoes, watches and eyewear which together represent the third major profit stream for the Group.

I’m really mad. Now, why didn’t I think of that? And, then get rich by listing the company in the stock market?

yermom
9/9/2007, 01:24 AM
it's been around for years, i've always thought it was really clever :D

Chuck Bao
9/9/2007, 01:39 AM
Well, it's just reached Bangkok.

These aren't knock-offs, but in this case I wouldn't mind if it was.

They're probably paying like an arm and a leg for this fashion brand, which, I assume, is just clever marketing for dyslectics.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2007, 01:43 AM
I thought they stoned you for that kind of **** in Bangkok. Isn't Bangkok a pretty conservative and uptight city?

Chuck Bao
9/9/2007, 02:02 AM
Sic'em, you have to visit Bangkok and you have a good chance of being laid. I mean, it is pretty much a sure thing.

I think Thailand meaning the land of the free is pretty much a misconception promoted from the past. Still, Thais aren't so Asian in exactly following all the rules and regulations. In fact, Thais revel in doing their own thing, as they should.

oumartin
9/9/2007, 02:33 AM
my wife wears a black "dickies" shirt! :D

No lie

yermom
9/9/2007, 03:21 AM
I thought they stoned you for that kind of **** in Bangkok. Isn't Bangkok a pretty conservative and uptight city?

perhaps you are confusing Thailand and Singapore?

Chuck Bao
9/9/2007, 06:19 AM
Heh! Confusing Thailand and Singapore????

NOooo0OO. Singapore is like a city state and Thailand is like the size of Texas!

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2007, 08:00 AM
my wife wears a black "dickies" shirt! :D

No lie

too easy.....

bluedogok
9/9/2007, 05:01 PM
Do they have any A-Style (http://www.astyle.it/) clothing there?

http://www.tikirobot.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/a-style.jpg

yermom
9/9/2007, 05:47 PM
heh