PDA

View Full Version : Not a single mention of OU/Miami on ESPNews.

ArkanSooner
9/8/2007, 11:28 PM
Unless I just wasn't paying attention for a minute or something, I didn't hear anything, much less see any highlights, of the game today on ESPNews just now, from 11:00-11:30. What's up with that? :mad:

Rhino
9/8/2007, 11:30 PM
I've seen our highlights plenty of times throughout the day.

royalfan5
9/8/2007, 11:30 PM
because they are on a shorter news cycle and your game has been over for 8 hours with a lot of games played in the interim.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:31 PM
All in all, I think the praise could be more than what it is. Right now most the media think USC/LSU are the best teams, but as long as we keep winning and playing dominate football..........we will be in the NC game.

goingoneight
9/8/2007, 11:32 PM
I blame Chuck Long.

Rhino
9/8/2007, 11:34 PM
They've mentioned us a handful of times during the LSU/VaTech blowout.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:37 PM
They've mentioned us a handful of times during the LSU/VaTech blowout.
Ya think Rhino..........seems it's killing Musburger to say nice things about us. I have always thought he was a undercover hata of the OU program.

oumartin
9/8/2007, 11:37 PM
Just win and it will take care of itself

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2007, 11:40 PM
We've gotten MAD love all day. From everyone.

tommieharris91
9/8/2007, 11:40 PM
Uhhh ESPN is starting to sing our team's praises. Just watch and listen. The media has taken notice.

Frozen Sooner
9/8/2007, 11:41 PM
Some people really need to realize that while WE certainly want to hear about OU 24/7, there ARE other football games being played today. This does NOT indicate an anti-OU conspiracy.

Jeez. We were only the cover story on ESPN.com for most of the day.

oumartin
9/8/2007, 11:43 PM
Well at least they have shown the michigan game and the ND game enuff

ArkanSooner
9/9/2007, 12:06 AM
Some people really need to realize that while WE certainly want to hear about OU 24/7, there ARE other football games being played today. This does NOT indicate an anti-OU conspiracy.

Jeez. We were only the cover story on ESPN.com for most of the day.
My bad. I just got home and this was the first time I'd watched any of it today.

Widescreen
9/9/2007, 12:12 AM
I blame Chuck Long.
No, no, no.

Eric Bassey.

devOUt
9/9/2007, 12:13 AM
but they did mention the Fiesta Bowl.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/9/2007, 12:16 AM
Ya think Rhino..........seems it's killing Musburger to say nice things about us. I have always thought he was a undercover hata of the OU program.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember that time he was caught on tape at the OU v. Nebraska game cheering for the Bug Eaters.

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 12:20 AM

Wow...some of my greatest OU memories are with Brent Musberger doing PBP. Honestly, folks...no media member has it out for us...from Corso to Kirk Bohls to anyone. They might have opinions, but that doesn't mean they hate us...or that their opinion is close to accurate.

OUTrumpet
9/9/2007, 12:28 AM

I seem to remember him pimpin' us pretty good last year. The Missouri game I remember specifically. He got upset and started complaining about the Oregon fiasco, and then he started talking about how could a qb turn down the situation at OU with what we will have and so on.

Seem to remember him doing it at another game too, maybe A&M?

Scott D
9/9/2007, 12:30 AM
no no no.....clearly Musburger loved OU in 2000, 2001, 2002. He absolutely hated OU in 2003, 2004, and 2005. He's begun to swing back in 2006 and 2007 ;)

soonergirlNeugene
9/9/2007, 01:03 AM
Did anyone see the ESPN college football final where *shudder* Corso picked OU as his #1? As soon as he said it, the LSU crowd behind him launched into a chorus of "Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!..." well you get the picture.

I don't know which I despise more, Corso or LSU fans.

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 01:05 AM
If we have to play LSU in that toilet bowl town again...ugh!

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 03:07 AM
Mouseburger is a turd. He can do his Weird impression of Tom Brokaw as long as he wants, but if he's praising or slamming the Sooners it still means less to me than if I suddenly developed a condition where the hair on my buttcheeks started falling off.

The guy is a ****** and when he wears that stupid hat during cold weather games ge's a ****** with a french tickler.

bluedogok
9/9/2007, 04:46 PM
Early game winners get less and less attention during the day on the televised shows, just the nature of the timing.

GrapevineSooner
9/9/2007, 04:51 PM
Buch of illiterates.

Why not read my signature? :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
9/9/2007, 06:54 PM
Did anyone see the ESPN college football final where *shudder* Corso picked OU as his #1? As soon as he said it, the LSU crowd behind him launched into a chorus of "Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!..." well you get the picture.

I don't know which I despise more, Corso or LSU fans.

I fail to see why that chant is supposed to be intimidating. Bait is something you use to trap and kill a target.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 06:58 PM
I fail to see why that chant is supposed to be intimidating. Bait is something you use to trap and kill a target.

Yeah, but we're talking about a fan base with the collective IQ of a rock.

FirstandGoal
9/9/2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, but we're talking about a fan base with the collective IQ of a rock.

Why do you hate rocks?

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 07:03 PM
Why do you hate rocks?

I love rocks. But you won't find me picking up a rock and saying "DAY-UM" you are really smart!

ruf/nekdad
9/9/2007, 07:33 PM
No, no, no.

Eric Bassey.

Horsepigs. Its the damn horsepigs.

Jewstin
9/9/2007, 07:45 PM

Hahaha ... LSU fans everywhere just got collectively pwned.

And they can't even spell "go tigers" right. Noobs.