PDA

View Full Version : So since VT is getting throttled by LSU...

Veritas
9/8/2007, 09:26 PM
...does it mean there's a chance the networks will stop trying to force this contrived solidarity because some nutcase killed a buncha people?

I'd personally like to get back to associating the Vick boys with VT.

critical_phil
9/8/2007, 09:29 PM
...does it mean there's a chance the networks will stop trying to force this contrived solidarity because some nutcase killed a buncha people?

probably not.

but it's something that still needed to be said.

hink4769
9/8/2007, 09:31 PM
I'd personally like to get back to associating the Vick boys with VT.
I wish one of the vick boys was the qb for vt tonight because this glennon guy sucks

oumartin
9/8/2007, 09:52 PM
that whole team sucks! LSU is good but Tech is in the same leage as Michigan

OKC-SLC
9/8/2007, 10:03 PM
I'd like to play LSU in a bowl game. The problem is THE bowl game is in Orleans again. Fuggers.

EnidHighSooner
9/8/2007, 10:07 PM
Everyone just pray that Wisconsin loses, I don't like having them on our backs.

Soonermagik
9/8/2007, 10:18 PM
I predicted this blowout, they barely escaped ECU!!!

Ike
9/8/2007, 10:25 PM
Everyone just pray that Wisconsin loses, I don't like having them on our backs.

They are only up 9-7 right now....

SoonerGirl06
9/9/2007, 09:23 AM
The media is gonna run with the VT killings all year long. They're going to run it into the ground to the extent that everyone is going to get sick of it and no longer have sympathy for the school, but instead resentment.

I wish the VT program luck... because they definitely have a monkey on their backs... and the media will do all that they can to keep it on them....all in the name of ratings and making themselves look important.

Gawd the media sucks sometimes.

Ash
9/9/2007, 09:29 AM
LSU looked impressive, but I agree that this confirms my suspicions that Va Tech might just not be that good. Maybe it wasn't emotion that made them struggle against ECU or whatever patsy they played last week.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 10:19 AM
LSU looked impressive, but I agree that this confirms my suspicions that Va Tech might just not be that good. Maybe it wasn't emotion that made them struggle against ECU or whatever patsy they played last week.True dat.

TUSooner
9/9/2007, 10:45 AM
My hatred of LSU is well documented: I can never be for them in any game, in any sport; I hate their color; I hate their history as the darling of Huey P Long, one of the most vile and corrupt politicians ever and a man largely responsible for Louisiana's miserable condition and horrible reputation; most LSU fans are jerks; LSU has humiliated my alma mater (Tulane) to the point that their one-time rivalry is a joke; and LSU got that crappy home-field win in the Sugar Bowl against OU (whom I love more than my own alma mater); and, oh yeah, Les is their coach.
HOWEVER, after all that, LSU is the #1 team in the country after 2 weeks.
V-Tech may be overrated, but LSU totally whipped their butts. They are fast, strong, and talented, and the platers have much more character than 92% of their fans. If LSU played USC today, LSU would win by 10 points or more. OU would have to play even a notch above their already impressive level to beat LSU. LSU simply looks like the best team in the nation.
Man, how I hate to say that. :(

RedstickSooner
9/10/2007, 12:20 PM
I've never understood why we associated the Virginia Tech football program with the tragedy on the Virginia Tech campus.

The dude attacked some kinda, what, engineering school?

You look at your average graduating class of football players, and what they major in? You get a handful (which are always trotted out before the media, and given every opportunity to be profiled) who have "real" majors, in tough disciplines.

The rest get degrees in things like "university studies".

Weren't no football players anywhere near that building. And I doubt more than 1 or 2 football players stepped foot into that building any time in the last 5 years.

The media loves Beamer even though he doesn't accomplish much, and they seem strangely willing to overlook the thuggish nature of his players. Those players are some of the least deserving of our sympathy in the world today. And I can't wait for the media love-in with them to end.

Also agree with Magik - after they barely escaped ECU, this wasn't exactly a surprise.

LSUdeek
9/10/2007, 08:33 PM
My hatred of LSU is well documented: I can never be for them in any game, in any sport; I hate their color; I hate their history as the darling of Huey P Long, one of the most vile and corrupt politicians ever and a man largely responsible for Louisiana's miserable condition and horrible reputation; most LSU fans are jerks; LSU has humiliated my alma mater (Tulane) to the point that their one-time rivalry is a joke; and LSU got that crappy home-field win in the Sugar Bowl against OU (whom I love more than my own alma mater); and, oh yeah, Les is their coach.
HOWEVER, after all that, LSU is the #1 team in the country after 2 weeks.
V-Tech may be overrated, but LSU totally whipped their butts. They are fast, strong, and talented, and the platers have much more character than 92% of their fans. If LSU played USC today, LSU would win by 10 points or more. OU would have to play even a notch above their already impressive level to beat LSU. LSU simply looks like the best team in the nation.
Man, how I hate to say that. :(

Very well spoken by the greenie. :D

OUinFLA
9/10/2007, 08:41 PM
Very well spoken by the greenie. :D
and I was fixin to neg him, but it's hard to neg a guy speaking what may be the truth.

:D