PDA

View Full Version : Reaching the MNC

Zing
9/8/2007, 09:16 PM
I know we've gotta take care of the remaining games on our schedule, but based on the ideals that are the preseason polls, we've gotta pass 3 more teams before we can make it all the way.

So, either they've gotta lose (LSU, WVU, FLA, USuC) or we've gotta just roll everybody to make the necessary jumps. Do you guys see either happening?

oumartin
9/8/2007, 09:18 PM
WVU defense sucks. LSU and FlA prolly play each other twice
Cincinatti might beat WVU or Rutgers will

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 09:18 PM
WVU and Fla probably aren't invincible. Unsure about LeSterU.

hink4769
9/8/2007, 09:21 PM
Next Week:
WVU@Maryland
USC@Nebraska
Florida@Tennessee

Hopefully at least one team goes down.

IronHorseSooner
9/8/2007, 09:25 PM
LSU will lose one game, maybe in Tuscaloosa.
FLA must play LSU
There are four to five other teams in the Big East who can/will beat WVU (Louisville, USF, Rutgers, Pitt, Cincy)
I hope, and pray, that somebody from behind us in the polls doesn't get hot (or become the media darlings), and pass us.

I know that it is not PC, but OU needs to keep annihilating teams to drive home this point.

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 09:26 PM
Next Week:
WVU@Maryland
USC@Nebraska
Florida@Tennessee

Hopefully at least one team goes down.

I'm willing to bet three of them do!

hink4769
9/8/2007, 09:28 PM
Haha, well hopefully at least one of the three that lose are wvu, uf, or usc.

Zing
9/8/2007, 09:31 PM

spek

mustangsooner
9/8/2007, 10:28 PM
Its a little early to predict where we will be in the BCS.

Zing
9/9/2007, 12:13 AM
Its a little early to predict where we will be in the BCS.

It's never too early. Also, if you would turn your attention to page one of your hymnal:

"I know we've gotta take care of the remaining games on our schedule..."

tommieharris91
9/9/2007, 12:22 AM
OU is far and away better than WVU. I'm thinking we'll pass them in the polls fairly soon.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2007, 12:23 AM
Specially if they keep going into the half losing to teams like Marshall...

I think we jump Wisc. this week and move to 5th in the Coaches Poll, getting really close to WVU.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 02:33 AM
I think we'll jump 2 in both polls this week and after next week with some help we'll be in the top 2, top 1 if all three of those other idiots fall.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/9/2007, 02:46 AM
I think we'll jump 2 in both polls this week .

I agree, but if LSwho and SUC win out, and we win out we might find ourselves out in the cold. Gawd who else hates the BCS? :mad:

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 02:53 AM
I've been advocating a playoff forever for this very reason.

I don't think it'll matter though. Both those teams will blow one along the way and THEY can fight it out about who oughtta get a shot at us.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/9/2007, 03:03 AM
I've been advocating a playoff forever for this very reason.

I don't think it'll matter though. Both those teams will blow one along the way and THEY can fight it out about who oughtta get a shot at us.

I like how you think!!

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 03:14 AM
I just try to be positive and like my son I've been in front of the tv (or radio on those rare occasions the games not on tv) for every Sooner game since the day I was born.

Besides...Who even comes close to the overall talent we have right now? Out depth is unheard of and being in Vegas now, I get to smile a little bigger every time DeMarco touches the ball.

Some day 17 years from now you'll be seing another amazing player from Vegas adding to that Sooner Depth. He's only one, but he watches the game intently, can throw and usually catch a ball, and can identify a football on a picture of every sport ball. And at only one, he's over 30 pounds but not fat, 3 feet tall, and smart as hell.

yermom
9/9/2007, 04:13 AM
ok, why the hell is USC getting all those first place votes? i'll bet LSU steals some today

it's the preseason polls that are BS in the system... USC has only played Idaho and have like 90% of the 1st place votes. man i hope the Throat Slashers take care of them

OUHOMER
9/9/2007, 07:08 AM
ok, why the hell is USC getting all those first place votes? i'll bet LSU steals some today

it's the preseason polls that are BS in the system... USC has only played Idaho and have like 90% of the 1st place votes. man i hope the Throat Slashers take care of them
I think LSU steals some too, hell we might get a few ourselves, But I dont think we can count an help from Neb. I hope I am wrong.:cool:

hink4769
9/9/2007, 07:18 AM
OU is far and away better than WVU. I'm thinking we'll pass them in the polls fairly soon.
I know its early but the way things look to be shaping up, wvu MIGHT end up having a tougher schedule than OU. They have to play @South Florida (who just won @ Auburn), @Rutgers, and then Louisville the week after Rutgers. The Big 12 looks pitiful so far other than OU and UT (and thats if the UT from the second half of the TCU game show up the rest of the season) and I think Miami is going to end up being a middle-of-the pack team in the ACC. Its not OU's fault because the Big 12 is usually good (and South Florida and Rutgers usually suck horribly) and when they scheduled the Miami game they were still one of the top 3 programs in the country. Of course its still early, a Nebraska win (or even just a close game) against USC next week would definatley help bring some respect to the big 12.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2007, 09:18 AM
Yep, I'll be pulling for Nebbish big time.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 09:23 AM
I know we've gotta take care of the remaining games on our schedule, but based on the ideals that are the preseason polls, we've gotta pass 3 more teams before we can make it all the way.

So, either they've gotta lose (LSU, WVU, FLA, USuC) or we've gotta just roll everybody to make the necessary jumps. Do you guys see either happening?
Yes!Why does everyone call it an MNC.IT IS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP as the poers-that-be chose to set up.There ain't ANYTHING mythical about it.