PDA

View Full Version : Bradford by the numbers,wow!

stoopified
9/8/2007, 05:15 PM
Sam Bradford in 2 games:

40 completions,48 attempts-.833 completion%,8 TDs,0 interceptions,568 yards.
Those numbers are mind-blowing,just imagine what they would lok like without DROPPED passes.(stats for todays game taken off CBS Sportsline).

If anybody saw these numbers coming from Bradford BEFORE the season started,I need to take you with me to Vegas because you are psychic.

olevetonahill
9/8/2007, 05:27 PM
Sam Bradford in 2 games:

Those numbers are mind-blowing,just imagine what they would lok like without DROPPED passes.(stats for todays game taken off CBS Sportsline).

If anybody saw these numbers coming from Bradford BEFORE the season started,I need to take you with me to Vegas because you are psychic.
Lets GO
I called the score and have been Sayin Sam fer Heisman :cool:

Suerreal
9/8/2007, 05:44 PM
It's really really nice to find out that the 3-way quarterback race went down to the wire because we had 3 outstanding choices, not 3 bast-we-can-do choices...

meoveryouxinfinity
9/8/2007, 05:55 PM
Sam Bradford in 2 games:

I gotta be honest, I did not see him doing this well. I watched him play from his sophomore in high school through our senior year. He was not impressive. Then again, PC North only had ONE year with a semi decent run game. That year (his junior year) we lost to Jenks in a BS game in the state semi-final. Other than that he was not dominant and lost a lot of games. I really hoped he would be able to do something, but I realistically thought he might be splitting snaps by this time.

Wishboned
9/8/2007, 05:55 PM
I think the only question remaining is how he deals with adversity. To see if he can handle being rattled, to see if he can bring the team from behind and hold his composure during a close game.

I've got faith in him. I think we have something really special in the works.

JLB
9/8/2007, 07:36 PM
It makes me wonder if Blowmar was on Texass payroll all along.

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2007, 07:45 PM
He's well on his way to godhood.

oumartin
9/8/2007, 07:51 PM
In no way did I think he would be this good. Heck i was calling for Nichol. Dual threat. but Sam is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
9/8/2007, 09:11 PM
I think Sam is amazing, and he has played near perfect, but the cast around him is a major part of it I think.

Either way, I think a return trip to the BCS Championship is in our future this year.

stoopified
9/8/2007, 09:38 PM
I can't even complete 83.3 % of my passes playing catch.I am trying hard not to get too carried away,but it ain't eas.yB. Before the season I picked Sam to throw for about 2500 yards and 18-20 TDS for the year,I may have shortchanged THE SLINGER.Eleven TDs and around 2100 yards will break BONEHEAD's frosh passing records.

On a sisenote I recall THE Oklahoman (Tramel.I think ) saying that OUr qb play would be BELOW the PT line.No offense to my man Paul,but a healthy Bradford could have us saying Josh who?Jason who?I know there is a long season to go but imagine the possibilties.

Monster Zero
9/8/2007, 10:22 PM
It makes me wonder if Blowmar was on Texass payroll all along.
No, he wasn't, but us getting him was a recruiting coup for Mack Brown.

cvsooner
9/8/2007, 10:33 PM
Bradford has as many touchdown tosses as he has incompletions.

Every sixth time he passes, it's for a TD.

Incredible.

Can you imagine what this offense would be if AD had decided to remain for his senior year? Wow.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 10:33 PM
I know many of you admired and appreciated Paul Thompson stepping up last year, but I knew the guy wasn't a good QB but many people on this board defended him.

While loyalty is a good thing, as you look back now, can you see how poor his play really was?

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2007, 10:35 PM
I know many of you admired and appreciated Paul Thompson stepping up last year, but I knew the guy wasn't a good QB but many people on this board defended him.

While loyalty is a good thing, as you look back now, can you see how poor his play really was?

Yeah, that won't be popular.

His play was so poor, we won a ****ing Big 12 Championship.

Wow.

Widescreen
9/8/2007, 10:38 PM
Just shut up, dude. Seriously.

SicEmBaylor
9/8/2007, 10:39 PM

I hate to jump in here and answer a Sooner question but....

I think everyone probably understood that PT wasn't that great a QB, but when you have a guy who works his *** off, does better than most expectations, and has such a strong charecter then why sit around an internet message board bitching about his QB ability when that ability is pretty well obvious to everyone?

I doubt anyone was under any illusion about PT, but there were things greater about the guy than just his stats. There's no reason to tear the guy down.

oumartin
9/8/2007, 10:41 PM
hey congrats on the win SicEm! Huge points!!

SicEmBaylor
9/8/2007, 10:46 PM
hey congrats on the win SicEm! Huge points!!
Thanks! I'm calling this game, "Battle of the Gridiron Titans"

soonerinabilene
9/8/2007, 10:47 PM

The big 12 championship he led us to is blocking my view.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 10:50 PM
Ok guys, point taken.......forget I said anything. I don't wanna wake up tomorrow see i got 12 neg speks.

:edit: Geez, I already got 3..........excuse me for having an opinion.

SoonerGM
9/8/2007, 10:51 PM

sure he wasnt the greatest qb ever, but he was a LEADER, and a WINNER. i would gladly take that over blowmar anyday.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 10:57 PM
OK, I see to be accepted around here.......you have to have a blind eye to truth. So I will restate my position:

I wish Paul Thompson had another year of eligibility and was our starting QB instead of Sam. :)

MiccoMacey
9/8/2007, 11:15 PM
OK, I see to be accepted around here.......you have to have a blind eye to truth. So I will restate my position:

I wish Paul Thompson had another year of eligibility and was our starting QB instead of Sam. :)

I don't think anyone around here would be upset if you stated PT wasnt a quality QB. As a matter of fact, most people on here recognize that he had many shortcomings as far as being a pure QB goes.

But you did the same thing you're accusing others of doing by saying,
"While loyalty is a good thing, as you look back now, can you see how poor his play really was?"

What if I don't think his play was poor? Is my opinion wrong? It's just as valid as yours, IMO. I look at many variables when grading the play of a QB...accuracy and other points are just a part of them. Do I have to agree with your opinion, or am I allowed to have a differing opinion? Or do I just have a blind eye because mine is different than yours? Your hypocrisy is amazing.

Express your opinions, but don't challenge mine (or others) in the way you did and I'd expect you'd get a much more positive response. Or continue to post the way you do and expect to get a rebuttal.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:19 PM
Well i thought i was making some nice friends on here, sorry i offended ppl.

MiccoMacey
9/8/2007, 11:25 PM
You're still making nice friends. Just be a little more careful of how you say what you want to say. I've made the same mistake many a time on this board (and others).

But saying you're sorry is a good start. Although for some of these creeps, it's like chum in the water. :D

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2007, 11:35 PM
you shut your hole, Micco.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:42 PM
Anyhooooooo, back on topic..........that Sam Bradford just has amazed me. Not just his numbers, but his poise today. Against UNT I thought he was just throwing pre-reads, but today.......he had to audible out and looked off some guys in a couple of routes. It makes me just wanna have a football orgasm by what this guy might be doing by the end of the season.

tommieharris91
9/8/2007, 11:55 PM
Kinda off topic, but did anyone hear that sideline reporter call Bradford "Sam Bradshaw" when he was talking with Jeff Capel today? For some reason, I think I was the only one...

meoveryouxinfinity
9/8/2007, 11:56 PM
Kinda off topic, but did anyone hear that sideline reporter call Bradford "Sam Bradshaw" when he was talking with Jeff Capel today? For some reason, I think I was the only one...
:rolleyes: ...women....

just kiddin'

<is a woman.

hurricane'bone
9/8/2007, 11:58 PM
The sideline reporter was a dude.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/8/2007, 11:59 PM
The sideline reporter was a dude.
the one talking to Capel? haha, oh.
....men......:rolleyes:

MiccoMacey
9/9/2007, 12:03 AM
you shut your hole, Micco.

...and let me introduce you to the head shark, Mr. Colleyville Sooner. :D

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2007, 12:04 AM
:(

MiccoMacey
9/9/2007, 12:08 AM
...and let me introduce you to the head shark and my good friend who is really a nice guy whom we all love and respect as a poster and as a human being in general, Mr. Colleyville Sooner. :D

Fixed. :)

Widescreen
9/9/2007, 12:14 AM
:(
You shut your hole, CVS.

tommieharris91
9/9/2007, 01:04 AM
Ohhh wow. Corso thinks OU shoudl be #1. This ain't good.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/9/2007, 01:56 AM
Hey CVS you just keep representing down there in HEB land! Fly those colors HIGH.

yermom
9/9/2007, 03:37 AM
it's hard to hate on PT or Hybl after they came in the way they both did to win the Big 12 for us. we were lucky to have them. you can have opinions about them, but there is no need to be negative, they are gone, and served us well.

it remains to be seen if Sam will be better, he has only won 2 games. (there really is no way he can stay on this pace, right???)

i hope i'm wrong :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 03:40 AM
I think he will...or at least close. He's gonna be the best we've had once he gets even more comfortable and as he gains experience.

Who the hell else has EVER had the same number of touchdowns as incompletions in his first 2 games?

stoopified
9/9/2007, 07:04 AM
This thread is to praise Sam,not to say anyother QB doesn't measure up(with the exception of Bonehead).I just calculated Bradford's numbers for 12 game season :

240-288, 83.3 % completions,ZERO INTERCEPTIONS,48 TDs,3,228 yards.Ok I know zero interceptions and 83.3% aren't going to happen but still,WOW.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 09:31 AM
This thread is to praise Sam,not to say anyother QB doesn't measure up(with the exception of Bonehead).I just calculated Bradford's numbers for 12 game season :

240-288, 83.3 % completions,ZERO INTERCEPTIONS,48 TDs,3,228 yards.Ok I know zero interceptions and 83.3% aren't going to happen but still,WOW.
I made an ERROR.Sam is on track to 3,408 yards in 12 games not 3,228.My bad.

OKC-SLC
9/9/2007, 10:25 AM

I negged you for your original post, then I saw that you were apologizing and was going to spek you in return. Then I saw this.

Sorry it's been rehashed here a thousand times, but you seem not to realize that Bradford and PT can both be good. Maybe SB is off to a great start and may be 5 times the QB that PT is. That doesn't make PT bad. I am proud as heck of PT and what he did for OU.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 10:31 AM
Well if you go back a few more posts, I tried to get this thread back on topic to no avail it seems.........just let it go already ppl. What the hell do you want from me people? Just a bunch of piling on a-holes, I have been overly neg-spek'd for a simple slight to yalls sensibilities........layoff already.

OU-HSV
9/9/2007, 10:37 AM
Bradford has been really impressive. I'm going to watch the game on my DVR later today. But I can say from our seats in the top of the North end zone he looked very accurate, and I hated that we seemed to have so many drops.

aurorasooner
9/9/2007, 10:56 AM
Bob better do something like Boren did with JoeC and make Heupel "QB Coach & Vice President of the Offense" before a team like Miami grabs him for about half-a-mil/year to tutor their QB's. Just amazing what he did with PT last year and Bradford,so far, this year. http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2223/screenshot033hs6.jpg

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 11:00 AM
They say things work out for a reason, I don't think Bomar would ever matured into what Bradford is doing. Potential looks limitless, I don't think Bradford is close to how good he is going to eventually be.

OKC-SLC
9/9/2007, 11:05 AM
They say things work out for a reason, I don't think Bomar would ever matured into what Bradford is doing. Potential looks limitless, I don't think Bradford is close to how good he is going to eventually be.
Agreed.