PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Carr fired at halftime?!?!

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 04:11 PM
Oregon has 393 yards offense with 3 minutes to go in the half.

Totally inept.

Hire Steve Fisher at halftime, Michigan. This is embarrasing.

85sooners
9/8/2007, 04:12 PM
hahahahahaha

colinreturn
9/8/2007, 04:15 PM
agree

olevetonahill
9/8/2007, 04:18 PM
Car is outta Gas !

sooner518
9/8/2007, 04:19 PM
110,000 fans booing Michigan off the field. I almost feel sorry for them. almost

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 04:21 PM
He is down 25 at halftime and being a smart *** to Bonnie Bernstein.

He should kiss *** so he could get a job as an analyst.

Soonermagik
9/8/2007, 04:21 PM
Carr will be fired!!!! They still have to play Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Suerreal
9/8/2007, 05:30 PM
Wow. Michigan really is that bad.

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2007, 05:36 PM
There was a great pic of the Michigan sidelines in the second half, and that told you all you need to know about why they suck :)

Veritas
9/8/2007, 05:43 PM
They've been on a slide for the last few years.

SoonerStormchaser
9/8/2007, 05:45 PM
I hear Lester is packing his bags already.

SoonerBOI
9/8/2007, 05:51 PM
How could they be ranked 5th before? Overrated!

hink4769
9/8/2007, 05:52 PM
i can't wait to see the ESPN hype machine promotion of next week's Michigan-Notre Dame matchup of absoultley pitiful teams.

OUinFLA
9/8/2007, 05:53 PM

http://classicalcomposer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/146809906342be25c7de7f6.jpg

OUinFLA
9/8/2007, 05:54 PM
i can't wait to see the ESPN hype machine promotion of next week's Michigan-Notre Dame matchup of absoultley pitiful teams.

"The Game of the Week that somebody has to win."

"One team will retain a perfect record, the other........will get a win"

Veritas
9/8/2007, 05:58 PM
How could they be ranked 5th before? Overrated!
Cuz they're over rated pre-season EVERY year.

hink4769
9/8/2007, 06:03 PM
this is going to be their FOURTH straight loss going back to Ohio St. last year, unbelievable.

Vaevictis
9/8/2007, 06:20 PM
Heh, Yahoo Sports main page:

More of the Same
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6114/1189285179uz0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

hink4769
9/8/2007, 06:21 PM
wow thats embarassing

OUinFLA
9/8/2007, 06:39 PM
anyone have the meeechigan forum board addy?
I wanta see what a complete meltdown reads like.

tia.

Scott D
9/8/2007, 06:58 PM

tia.

TheWolverine (http://michigan.rivals.com/forum.asp)

over 2100 ppl on the football forum right now.

hink4769
9/8/2007, 07:05 PM
how funny would it be if they won the big 10, it might finally be exposed as the big fraud.

olevetonahill
9/8/2007, 08:12 PM

tia.
All you have to do is look at the Canes board , the :texan: board
Or any thread Rus has been in !:D :P

Scott D
9/8/2007, 08:19 PM
hehe...it's almost like a nick post.

Offense: This was pathetic today. Seven ******* points! Debord's play calling sucked once again but what do you expect hes always been awful. What the hell happened to Henne over the summer? He was pretty good last year and now he fricken sucks. He holds the ball so goddamn long and he has no accuracy or poise at all. Look at the weapons he has! Manningham and Arrington are sick and Hart was solid today. I don't understand what has happened to Henne. I know the line didn't play well today pass blocking but even when he was given time he sucked! I was so proud of Hart yelling at Krause after a ****** block and tripping him. I am so sick of our slow plodding linemen. Even Long today sucked. He was missing blocks left and right.

Defense: As a University of New Hampshire student I am happy for our former coordinator Oregon Offensive Coordinator Chip Kelly. He made Ron English look like a clown but im not sure how hard that is to do. He had him guessing wrong all day. That statue of liberty play was a play I have seen for the last 3 years at UNH. Did Carr or English know it was coming though? Nope. Why? Because they are terrible coaches. We were burned twice on that play and once untouched for a touchdown. The defense is the worst tackling and slowest defense I have ever seen. I am so sick of having a slow, plodding defense. This is the 21st Century so three yards and a cloud of dust is over! Our linebackers and secondary suck. Harrison and Sears don't even have the talent to be on the team. It is time to start recruiting faster and undersized players. The game is trending more to a game based on speed then strength.

The sky is falling and there basically is no hope. This season has gone down the drain but the one positive is that this will produce change which is something long overdue. Pretty much any player that comes here with any talent can immediately start in our back 7. Its time for LLLLLLLloyd to go!

Scott D
9/8/2007, 08:20 PM
oh that last post was from GoBlueWolverine (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=162#s=162&f=2019)

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 08:22 PM
hehe...it's almost like a nick post.

Nick's posts are actually written a bit more coherently.

CatfishSooner
9/8/2007, 08:22 PM
heh...

Veritas
9/8/2007, 08:23 PM
Michigan is in the same situation as Nebraska was prior to firing Solich. Recruiting has fallen away, they're not adjusting their defensive schemes to handle newer offenses such as the spread and their athletes are not in peak condition.

When we (we meaning Nebraska for those of you that don't remember or know me) beat them in the Alamo Bowl, that was a pretty good indicator that things were headed in a bad direction. We weren't any good that year and they should have dominated us.

mdklatt
9/8/2007, 08:24 PM
Michigan might go into such a tailspin that they don't win another game this season. I don't know if Carr can save his *** even if they miraculously win the Big 10++. I bet Michigan fans are all watching the LSU game right now.

Scott D
9/8/2007, 08:27 PM
I dont see any way that Llyod could have any say at all about our next head coach I want LES MILES,BILL COWER or JEFF TEDFORD but who knows who it will be one would think that it would be the hottest coaching position ever. And 2 now remember me when I say this i think Michigan will run the table for the rest of the year until bowl season, i really do, the scrambling quaterback deal is over and i really think that with that gone our blitzing will pick up and we will KILL Jimmy Clausen and Morelli and we run the table. Call me crazy but thats my thought.

heh heh heh

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 08:45 PM
I dont see any way that Llyod could have any say at all about our next head coach I want LES MILES,BILL COWER or JEFF TEDFORD but who knows who it will be one would think that it would be the hottest coaching position ever.

STOOPS TO MICHIGAN!

oumartin
9/8/2007, 08:51 PM
I say they fire him Monday!

mdklatt
9/8/2007, 08:54 PM
STOOPS TO MICHIGAN!

OH NO! HE'S PROBABLY THERE RIGHT NOW!! :eek:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FLG3717

hink4769
9/8/2007, 08:57 PM
I'm sure nick saban will be a candidate

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 09:02 PM
I bet they get Houston Nutt.

Veritas
9/8/2007, 09:08 PM
Turdburger and Herbie are spouting about anysuckaanywhere to Ann Arbor.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 09:59 PM
Just saw Lloyd Carr's post game interview...........although he was sounding defiant in which nothing would get him down. He looked haggard, defeated, and a man who was lost.

I think the A.D. should speak privately to him and ask him to resign to save the embarassment of being fired.

Jacie
9/8/2007, 11:52 PM
The only negative for the rest of the football world with Oregon doing this to Michigan is it kinda cheapens what Appy State did. It doesn't matter that they are the best team in the former 1-AA. At this point, the Wolverines wouldn't be favored against half of the teams in the Championship Subdivision.

goingoneight
9/9/2007, 12:09 AM
Chris Petersen??? No???

... one thing's for certain, even the jock washer is going to get fired for that **** the last two weeks. :eek:

Ike
9/9/2007, 12:15 AM
The only negative for the rest of the football world with Oregon doing this to Michigan is it kinda cheapens what Appy State did. It doesn't matter that they are the best team in the former 1-AA. At this point, the Wolverines wouldn't be favored against half of the teams in the Championship Subdivision.

True...and this is exactly why I think the AP changing their rules to allow 1-AA schools to be voted in is a bad idea.

If Appy state runs the table in 1-AA, they essentially have no control over how well they are voted on, save for that one game against Michigan. Their ranking would be tied ONLY to how Michigan does the rest of the way. Which I think is stupid.

Not that I want to take anything away from Appy state. But if they can get ranked, they should have more than 1 game that they actually play in that could determine where they are ranked.

Scott D
9/9/2007, 12:26 AM
True...and this is exactly why I think the AP changing their rules to allow 1-AA schools to be voted in is a bad idea.

If Appy state runs the table in 1-AA, they essentially have no control over how well they are voted on, save for that one game against Michigan. Their ranking would be tied ONLY to how Michigan does the rest of the way. Which I think is stupid.

Not that I want to take anything away from Appy state. But if they can get ranked, they should have more than 1 game that they actually play in that could determine where they are ranked.

Or it's exactly as how Craig James (an AP voter) put it today on ABC. An App. St. beats a Michigan in the first week and ends up like 24 or 25 in the poll. The sheer LACK of strength of schedule drops them off the AP poll within two or three weeks at the most even if they remain undefeated.

There's a reason I-AA..er excuse me... Football Championship Subdivision has it's own poll. And it amuses me greatly to see the AP continue to erode their own credibility as a voting body.

Ike
9/9/2007, 12:34 AM
Or it's exactly as how Craig James (an AP voter) put it today on ABC. An App. St. beats a Michigan in the first week and ends up like 24 or 25 in the poll. The sheer LACK of strength of schedule drops them off the AP poll within two or three weeks at the most even if they remain undefeated.

There's a reason I-AA..er excuse me... Football Championship Subdivision has it's own poll. And it amuses me greatly to see the AP continue to erode their own credibility as a voting body.

Exactly...who knows...a 1-AA team like Appy *might* one day have a team that is absolutely deserving of a top-25 ranking....if they played a schedule against more than just 1 1-A school. But since they don't, you really only have the 1 game to judge them on. And its stupid to judge a team on one game.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 03:38 AM
I think if a team like that wants to get ranked they oughtta increase enrollment and move up to 1a, otherwise it just doesn't make sense. By this kinda reasoning JUCO teams should be bowl eligible and OU should go to the superbowl this year. Hell, let's let Michigan schedule a Pop Warner team next year.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/9/2007, 06:05 AM

Yeah, He promised the tiger bait fans he would not go to Michigan according to the poster sign behind Corso at game day...

Big Arrow
9/9/2007, 09:08 AM
I picked a good year to become a Sooner fan. UofM has totally fallen apart and they have no chance of a good year now. :)

stoopified
9/9/2007, 09:48 AM
FORMER GIANTS OF THE GRIDIRON BATTLE to get out of the cellar. :D

badger
9/9/2007, 10:42 AM
110,000 fans booing Michigan off the field. I almost feel sorry for them. almost
as discussed in our friend's living room watching this game, they were NOT booing the wolverines or their coach.

they were BLUE-ing.

go BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE.

aurorasooner
9/9/2007, 11:23 AM
I would think ABC will bill it as a "battle of the Frosh QBs". I was impressed by the Mallet's gun, even though he was only 6/17. But as Bradford has been showing the last couple of weeks, you don't have to have a rifle arm to throw TDs. I wondered yesterday if Henne was actually hurt or just couldn't take it any more.