PDA

View Full Version : Patrick?

jk the sooner fan
9/8/2007, 04:06 PM
What happened to Allen Patrick, seems he disappeared after the first quarter.....was he injured?

pb4ou
9/8/2007, 04:10 PM
Stoops said that he's okay.

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 04:12 PM
AP had 7 carries for 47 yards...Chris Brown had 15 carries. Sorry, CB is a good guy, but no way he should have more carries than AP...just sayin'.

85sooners
9/8/2007, 04:13 PM
AP had 7 carries for 47 yards...Chris Brown had 15 carries. Sorry, CB is a good guy, but no way he should have more carries than AP...just sayin'. i agree

Killerbees
9/8/2007, 04:15 PM
No need to risk AP in this game. Maybe they were just taking it easy on him to make sure his injury heals fully.

pb4ou
9/8/2007, 04:16 PM
No need to risk AP in this game. Maybe they were just taking it easy on him to make sure his injury heals fully.

Yeah, I think that is the case.

Although, I'd much rather have seen them trying to get Murray on the edge in stead of in the teeth of the defense.

King Crimson
9/8/2007, 04:19 PM
FWIW, they said he was 85% on the ankle.

SoonerSinger3
9/8/2007, 05:30 PM

maybe so, but i think it's strange that he didn't play from 2nd quarter on especially with the game somewhat in doubt at 21-10 start of 3rd quarter and when brown fumbled...we needed him, but his ankle isn't there yet apparently...this really sucks for him, bc he loves the game and you know it's killin him inside not to be able to play...

Suerreal
9/8/2007, 05:33 PM
If he's 100%, he should be able to put up some big numbers next week.

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2007, 05:34 PM
It would have been nice if the broadcast crew had noticed and mentioned something to let us know why he wasn't playing

SoonerStormchaser
9/8/2007, 05:35 PM
Talking heads on the SA said he was hobbling a bit postgame. At this rate, he needs a few days off to rest and heal.

King Crimson
9/8/2007, 05:35 PM
It would have been nice if the broadcast crew had noticed and mentioned something to let us know why he wasn't playing

as badly as this crew sucked, they said he was 85% on the ankle.

r5TPsooner
9/8/2007, 05:36 PM
I was asking everyone the same question in our section but no one had the answer. Someone mentioned cramps but I have not heard that confirmed as of yet.

Great game though and Murray looked good besides the fumble.

OUinFLA
9/8/2007, 05:42 PM

which could mean anything from:

We are just resting him .....

to.....

he has a broken leg, a dislocated shoulder, and will need some face reconstruction at the end of the season.
I expect him to start next weekend after a few hours off.

hink4769
9/8/2007, 05:43 PM
between the nt game and today i know everything looks like its going well, but I would feel alot better about our chances against UT and winning the Big 12 in general if somebody (preferabley AP since he's a vet) could step up in the running game and put up a few 150-200 yard games.

OzarkSooner
9/8/2007, 05:54 PM
Stoops said in the post game that AP was cramping up a bit, so, they held him out just to be safe.

PLaw
9/8/2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah, but his conditioning may not be up to snuff since he's been so limited. Turned out to be a hot, muggy afternoon and I think they were just working him back into football shape.

BOOMER
PLaw

hink4769
9/8/2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, but his conditioning may not be up to snuff since he's been so limited. Turned out to be a hot, muggy afternoon and I think they were just working him back into football shape.

BOOMER
PLaw

Yeah no point in wearing him out in a rout. He needs to heal up so he's 100% on October 6

Scott D
9/8/2007, 07:07 PM

that just means his leg is still attached to his body. ;)

I'd guess he "tweaked" the ankle in the second quarter. And with how well Murray and Brown were carrying the load, wasn't much of a point in making it worse.

oumartin
9/8/2007, 07:20 PM
Stoops was toyin' with the Caines. He told brown to fumble to start the third quarter and give them a little false hope then he told the offense to step on their throats and crush their spirits!

yermom
9/9/2007, 11:09 AM
he kinda hobbled off the last play he was in for

he should be able to rest for a few weeks at this point

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 11:13 AM
AP is by far our best (or most complete back) but his ankle must be hurting, I heard he tweaked it in the 2nd but I don't think the Canes defense ever stopped him.

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2007, 11:13 AM

we wont need him against the likes of utah state and tulsa

but he did look pretty good on the few runs he had, i'd like to have him for the conference games

yermom
9/9/2007, 11:16 AM
maybe he can work on his catching ;)

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2007, 11:17 AM
haha, so true....right on the hands

even with the high completion rate SB had yesterday, he had several drops

take away the silly mistakes and the rout would have been much worse

r5TPsooner
9/9/2007, 11:18 AM
AP its the hole a lot harder and faster than the other two backs. It's a real shame that he's missed the better part of two game regardless of the injury. BTW, was it just me or did AP look a little trimmer than last season?

soonerspudman
9/9/2007, 02:53 PM

Seems like the AP drop (which BTW was set up awesome, or "in a really good way" in Stoops speak) was that last time I saw him, I was wondering if he was pulled as a message that backs need to catch passes, especially easy ones on the numbers. Guess it's more likely that he was just hobbled and they decided not to chance it.

That play would have picked up some big yards...

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 02:58 PM
I couldn't agree more on that dropped pass.

If he can put the total package together...he'll run over the whorns.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2007, 03:11 PM

Yep, I don't want to se him until he's 100%, and if that means he doesn't play until Colorado, he doesn't play until Colorado.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2007, 03:12 PM

I counted 4 drops. That would of put him 23 of 25. :eek:

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2007, 05:01 PM
I would give him like 7 carries next week and then bump it up a little more next week, there is no sense in him re-aggravating his injury when we don't really need him for the next two games. I would just use him enough to get him used to getting hit at game speed and then unleash him 100% against Texas.