PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith

salth2o
9/8/2007, 02:50 PM
I loved his introduction of the team.

"We don't have any hurricanes in Oklahoma, we have tornados!"

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 02:59 PM
I would rather had Jim Ross introducing our team, I can't stand Toby Keith.

AZSOONER
9/8/2007, 03:05 PM
He sounded kinda cocky, BUT I LOVED IT!!!!

Okla-homey
9/8/2007, 03:15 PM

Look d00d. TK is a Sooner fan. He gives back to his people. He's among the most famous living Okies. He would probably stop to help you if you were bleeding or had a flat tire outside his estate.

Therefore, GADOCADWI.

royalfan5
9/8/2007, 03:16 PM
Does Tulsa not count in Toby's eyes?

Seamus
9/8/2007, 03:18 PM
Does Tulsa not count in Toby's eyes?

No.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 03:20 PM
I bet Jim Ross comes out on RAW with Boomer Sooner playing this Monday night.

ruf/nekdad
9/8/2007, 03:23 PM
Therefore, GADOCADWI.
:confused:
Go and drag out..no no
Get a dead ostrich claw and deal..no no
Damn, my nOOb is showin

Soonrboy
9/8/2007, 03:33 PM
get a deck of cards and deal with it

iknowyoudidnt
9/8/2007, 03:45 PM
From the hornfans thread about Toby:

My mom likes Toby Keith. But she has [censored] taste in music and I make sure to let her know that if you like Toby Keith, then the terrorists have already won.

ruf/nekdad
9/8/2007, 03:48 PM
grease a dead ol cane and deal with it

sooner518
9/8/2007, 03:48 PM
I would be more than happy to never see Toby Keith associated with OU ever again.

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 03:52 PM
"Come and get some!"

Taxman71
9/8/2007, 03:52 PM
I don't get the hate on Toby......did he pi$$ on your rug? Fine, hate him. Don't like his music? Don't listen, but enjoy the fact he supports the Sooners heavily. Besides, would you rather have Garth or MyGodImghey as your token celebrity?

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 03:56 PM
Okies who try to deny our country music connection in the state crack me up.

DOOD! IT'S OKLAHOMA!!! I am a tried and true Okie living in AZ...and deal with it...Oklahoma is a redneck, simple man, good ol American lovin' state!! It is what Oklahoma is...and Toby represents well. You aren't cutting edge...you aren't hip and cool...you are Oklahoma...how we dealt with 4/19/95 and 5/1/99...reaching out, taking care of each other and showing America what great heart we have...but we are who we are.

Now quit hating ANY Okies who love OU...any Sooner fan should be a friend of any other Sooner fan. Whether you are a country music star, a lawyer, a mechanic, a doctor or a preacher...CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?!?!

King Crimson
9/8/2007, 04:00 PM
i'm not a big Toby guy....but i thought it was pretty funny.

ballcoach Bob Stoops....

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 04:02 PM
He did make Gino look even worse.

Suerreal
9/8/2007, 05:12 PM
But didja hear them intro him as a graduate of Oklahoma. NOT! If he's got a degree from anywhere besides Honkytonk U, it's an honorary one.

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 05:16 PM
Do Bud, Barry or Bob have a degree from OU?

Thanks for playing...and UAB is beating FSU 17-3. The same UAB that lost to Michigan State last week 55-19.

soonerhubs
9/8/2007, 05:20 PM
He deserves an honorary degree from OU. I'm a big fan of Toby.

finster
9/8/2007, 05:27 PM
Better then that "Git er Done" guy at Nebraska.

47Wins
9/8/2007, 05:32 PM
When did TK do that? Was it at the stadium or on tv

Suerreal
9/8/2007, 05:38 PM
Toby intro'd the OU starters on air. Didn't get to do the defense intro's 'til the 2nd series, as they were off the field too fast for the first series...

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2007, 05:40 PM
Funny how our retarded little sisters at orangepower.com had a thread dedicated to picking who they wanted to win the OU-Miami game. Needless to say OU was by far their choice to lose. After the game that thread was real quiet but another one started up slamming Toby Keith....hahaha.
They have to grasp at whatever they can these days:P

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 05:42 PM
OSU slams Toby Keith? What song do they play before the game at Stillwater?

AZSOONER
9/8/2007, 07:07 PM
"Come and get some!"
I loved that part!!!

SapulpaSooner
9/8/2007, 07:14 PM
Toby is the man

SoonerBOI
9/8/2007, 07:15 PM
i love you Toby!

sanantoniosooner
9/8/2007, 07:16 PM
I don't care for country music, but Toby was the most entertaining intro I've seen today.

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 07:20 PM
Oregon couldn't find anyone more interesting than their own coach to introduce them?

sanantoniosooner
9/8/2007, 07:21 PM
Oregon couldn't find anyone more interesting than their own coach to introduce them?
Michigan used Chad Henne.

BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 07:24 PM
Michigan used Chad Henne.

BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

No doubt. People must have a thing against looking silly because you know both of those schools (Michigan especially) must have some famous fans. Why didn't UO at least have Amhad Rashad do it?

sanantoniosooner
9/8/2007, 07:25 PM
Or Dan Fouts

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 07:40 PM
Or Dan Fouts

Absolutely! He was the first Oregon qb to throw for 2000 yards in a season, you know!

CatfishSooner
9/8/2007, 08:09 PM
anyone that hates toby is obviously jealous or something...he's a good guy

soonergirlNeugene
9/8/2007, 08:30 PM
No doubt. People must have a thing against looking silly because you know both of those schools (Michigan especially) must have some famous fans. Why didn't UO at least have Amhad Rashad do it?

The famous ones probably wouldn't have touched this season with a 10 foot pole.

Miko
9/8/2007, 08:32 PM
I love Toby because we share a passion: OU atheltics. I am not a music fan, country music included. But Courtesy is a song I love, and Beer For My Horses is teh greatness, IMO.

That being said, I told Ms. Miko that he must have been drinking prior to the inrtro to "Head Coach Stoops' ballers" but I enjoyed it. The intro to the D was golden!! :d:d:d:d

Did he mention "Hangin' half a hundred"?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D

The doc says they might be able to get the smile off my face in while, depending on how we hold on to the ball :rolleyes:

BoomerGirl34
9/8/2007, 09:23 PM
Can't stand his music and for some reason every time I look at him I feel like throwing him a bar of soap...

But having said that, TK has been a faithful fan of more than just football.

He's been at WBB games, soccer and softball, baseball and more. I appreciate his bringing his daughter to these events as well....

So good for him. But his music stinks.

Hublah
9/8/2007, 09:50 PM
TOBY ROCKS!!!

That's all i have to say

SoonerShark
9/8/2007, 10:01 PM
I like much of his music. He's no Vince Gill (Vince's recent four CD release of all new material is great, covering multiple genres for a reasonable price)...but he is very popular and supports all of Oklahoma's sports, attending basketball and baseball games as well. He also puts his money into local businesses rather than running off to another state for his major investments. His kids go to school here. He is an asset to the community, does not drink and drive or get into other legal problems. Further, he takes good care of his family and friends. God bless him.

stoopified
9/8/2007, 10:03 PM
That makes us even,I don't like Jim Ross. :)

OKC-SLC
9/8/2007, 10:07 PM
I've never understood any hate I see on here for TK. He's a famous fan. And as above, he goes to just about every sport.

He makes his devotion to OU very known, and for that he deserves respect by Sooner fans on this board and off.

Frozen Sooner
9/8/2007, 10:15 PM
I don't get the hate on Toby......did he pi$$ on your rug? Fine, hate him. Don't like his music? Don't listen, but enjoy the fact he supports the Sooners heavily. Besides, would you rather have Garth or MyGodImghey as your token celebrity?

But man, that rug really tied the room together.

Don't much care for the guy's music. Don't much care for some of what the guy has said (though that's true of just about anyone) and I've agreed with some stuff he's said. Guy gives a lot of money to the university and yeah, he's a fan.

Would I prefer James Garner? Sure. But hey, Toby gets a kick out of it and it may get him to donate a few more ten thousands.

milesl
9/8/2007, 10:17 PM
I am definitely a "rocker"
But Toby Keith is the hottest thing in Country music right now !
I think it is totally cool that TK is a Sooner fan.
I have only 3 country artists on my ipod - Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and TK.
Hey I was proud that Garth Brooks is from Oklahoma and he is a OSU grad.
milesl
Still havent eaten at his restaurant yet here in Kansas City

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 10:21 PM
Still havent eaten at his restaurant yet here in Kansas City

Try the meatloaf with creamed corn and black-eyed peas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2007, 10:26 PM

DOOD! IT'S OKLAHOMA!!! I am a tried and true Okie living in AZ...and deal with it...Oklahoma is a redneck, simple man, good ol American lovin' state!! It is what Oklahoma is...and Toby represents well. You aren't cutting edge...you aren't hip and cool...you are Oklahoma...how we dealt with 4/19/95 and 5/1/99...reaching out, taking care of each other and showing America what great heart we have...but we are who we are.

Now quit hating ANY Okies who love OU...any Sooner fan should be a friend of any other Sooner fan. Whether you are a country music star, a lawyer, a mechanic, a doctor or a preacher...CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?!?!Right on! BTW, we had a smaller crowd today at Scottsdale TK, due to 9AM start time, I'm sure.

cvsooner
9/8/2007, 10:37 PM
I'm no Toby Keith fan, but he isn't nearly as much of an embarassment to the Sooner State as Senators Coburn and Inhofe are.

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 10:41 PM
I'm no Toby Keith fan, but he isn't nearly as much of an embarassment to the Sooner State as Senators Coburn and Inhofe are.

They're not as good as they once were.

Piware
9/8/2007, 10:49 PM

Good grief. A country music hating, anti-Republican Sooner fan. You need an exhibit of your own in the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History. :)

Seriously, you don't have to be a fan but let's call it like it is. He is a hometown boy, wildly successful,a real Sooner fan, a generous donor, supports everything in the community and our troops, doesn't do drugs or drink, has a personal history of nothing but hard work and is still married to his first and only wife. Better TK as a role model than many I can think of - and he isn't asking for your vote.

AZSOONER
9/8/2007, 11:08 PM

Now quit hating ANY Okies who love OU...any Sooner fan should be a friend of any other Sooner fan. Whether you are a country music star, a lawyer, a mechanic, a doctor or a preacher...CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?!?!
couldn't have said it better.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:11 PM
I don't mind Toby Keith being a sooner fan, I just don't want him being perceived as the face of the OU sooners. Let him sit in the stands and the camera can pan to him, but not doing voice overs and intros.

crimson&cream
9/8/2007, 11:14 PM
TK Two Thumbs UP! and I don't listen to his music, but he's a Sooner and thats good emough for me!:pop:

Stitch Face
9/8/2007, 11:15 PM
Soonersn2007, you seem to have picked up a little red tonight.

soonersn2007
9/8/2007, 11:34 PM
Soonersn2007, you seem to have picked up a little red tonight.:eek: That's ok, I'm just gonna keep my comments positive from now on and ignore posts I disagree with.

9/9/2007, 12:21 AM
I'm no Toby Keith fan, but he isn't nearly as much of an embarassment to the Sooner State as Senators Coburn and Inhofe are.Which state has senators to your liking?

soonergooner
9/9/2007, 12:22 AM
I have a bunch of country on my pod, but not one by TK. Just not my cuppa. That said, I can think of noone better to introduce the team, a huge supporter, former player, and someone who can manage to string thoughts together and get a laugh. Todays' TK was inspired! Gotta love Steve, Billy, and Jason, but none of them could have touched what TK did..

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2007, 03:24 AM
I can't stand the guy or his music, but DAMN! I love the Sooner fan he is. That kinda loyalty and enthusiasm should be praised.

And as far as any national perception about it goes, it's certianly no worse than naked bongo bong boy cheering TU!

And that Tornado thing was awesome!

BoomerGirl34
9/9/2007, 08:52 AM
Soonersn2007, you seem to have picked up a little red tonight.

Wow. So did I. :eek:

I thought I was just throwing my opinion out there like the rest of the folks.

Guess I said something wrong. I'll drag out the old sunshine pumper, dust it off and make sure there's enough gas in it- - just in case Toby Keith gets another thread. :rolleyes:

OKC-SLC
9/9/2007, 09:54 AM
Not to stray too much from the topic, but does anyone know of a link where I can see this intro online? Was at the game and didn't record it. TIA.

r5TPsooner
9/9/2007, 09:57 AM
He's a Sooner homer so I like him. His music is solid but his restaurant in Bricktown is greatly overpriced and the food is very mediocre.

It could be worse, we could have Snoop Dog be our poster boy.

Stitch Face
9/9/2007, 10:19 AM
He's a Sooner homer so I like him. His music is solid but his restaurant in Bricktown is greatly overpriced and the food is very mediocre.

I disagree. Unlike many 'theme' restaurants, the food at TKs doesn't seem like an afterthought. Some of the items are totally weak (chicken-fried steak or catfish sandwich) but a lot of the stuff is way better than Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood or those kinds of places. We go there regularly for lunch because of a few really good entrees.

And that's my ad for Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill.

OU GENO
9/9/2007, 10:30 AM
Toby is a die hard SOONER and he is the man! Now let's get drunk and be somebody! Boomer Sooner Toby!

Ash
9/9/2007, 10:31 AM
This entire thread is comedy gold.

cvsooner
9/9/2007, 10:59 AM
Which state has senators to your liking?

None. But living out of state nowadays, Coburn and Inhofe come off as quite the tandem for absurd positions and legislation.

Only Larry Craig has worse positions. And this isn't the forum for this discussion. It should probably have been in the South Oval. I thought I was defending Toby Keith...albeit in a backhanded sort of way.

TXBOOMER
9/9/2007, 11:09 AM
I didn't hear TK. I heard the normal PA guy. The weather guy on the jumbotron said their was a category zero hurricane spotted in Oklahoma, I thought that was funny.

r5TPsooner
9/9/2007, 11:16 AM
I disagree. Unlike many 'theme' restaurants, the food at TKs doesn't seem like an afterthought. Some of the items are totally weak (chicken-fried steak or catfish sandwich) but a lot of the stuff is way better than Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood or those kinds of places. We go there regularly for lunch because of a few really good entrees.

And that's my ad for Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill.

Interestingly enough, the wife and I shared the $17 chicken fried steak and it was pathetic. The cheese queso was pretty darned good. The hamburgers and bologna sandwich for the kids were so gross that they wouldn't even eat it. And that says a lot because my kids will eat just about anything.

Good place for drinks and appetizers but I'd go elsewhere for a decent dinner or lunch. He should stick to music IMHO but I'm glad you liked the place.

Suerreal
9/9/2007, 01:16 PM
I didn't hear TK. I heard the normal PA guy. The weather guy on the jumbotron said their was a category zero hurricane spotted in Oklahoma, I thought that was funny.

Toby Keith did the on-air intros for TV.

Actually the rain in Norman yesterday was the remnants of the Pacific hurricane Henriette. Could have been an auspicious sign for Miami. Didn't work out that way.:D

I saw at least one article on the game that drew a comparison between the predicted all-day rain that produced one significant downpour and the Miami offense that produced one significant drive.

badger
9/9/2007, 01:25 PM
omg, short hair in front, long in back:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/219/518251522_b084a5396f.jpg
:D:D:D

Veritas
9/9/2007, 01:26 PM
It could be much much worse. We here at Nebraska have Larry the Cable Guy as our main celebrity fan. Talk about ****in' hillbillies.

Stitch Face
9/9/2007, 03:04 PM
Interestingly enough, the wife and I shared the $17 chicken fried steak

:eek: Are we talkin' about the same place? I didn't think anything on the menu in the Bricktown TK's was over $12-13 except maybe a couple steaks.

I've tried most of the stuff there; hated the chicken fried steak but it's worth it for the meatloaf and sides.

And don't go knockin' fried bologna!

royalfan5
9/9/2007, 03:30 PM
It could be much much worse. We here at Nebraska have Larry the Cable Guy as our main celebrity fan. Talk about ****in' hillbillies.
Don't forget Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Texas Golfer
9/9/2007, 04:08 PM
I support anyone who supports the Sooners.

9/9/2007, 05:59 PM
Don't forget Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.Which U claims the brilliant Anthony Kennedy and Ruth Bader Ginsburg?(ie. please stop it with the political potshots on the football forum.)

bluedogok
9/9/2007, 06:12 PM
I do think that TK's ILTB&G needs to ditch the pre-made chicken fried steak they have and make a proper one. That is almost the official food of Oklahoma and they should make one that deserves the designation.

walkoffsooner
9/9/2007, 06:13 PM
Good grief. A country music hating, anti-Republican Sooner fan. You need an exhibit of your own in the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History. :)

Seriously, you don't have to be a fan but let's call it like it is. He is a hometown boy, wildly successful,a real Sooner fan, a generous donor, supports everything in the community and our troops, doesn't do drugs or drink, has a personal history of nothing but hard work and is still married to his first and only wife. Better TK as a role model than many I can think of - and he isn't asking for your vote.

Love TK but don't make him out to be a saint. Saw him at Sturgis, drinks whisky like a fish. But great concert.

EnidHighSooner
9/9/2007, 06:28 PM
Don't be dissin on Toby, he's the man.

royalfan5
9/9/2007, 06:28 PM
Which U claims the brilliant Anthony Kennedy and Ruth Bader Ginsburg?(ie. please stop it with the political potshots on the football forum.)
Take off your tin foil hat, I was pointing out that Justice Thomas is a better representative of Nebraska Fans than Larry the Cable Guy.

Newbomb Turk
9/9/2007, 06:29 PM
Take off your tin foil hat, I was pointing out that Justice Thomas is a better representative of Nebraska Fans than Larry the Cable Guy.

what's wrong with Larry?

royalfan5
9/9/2007, 06:36 PM
what's wrong with Larry?
He's from Pawnee City. While better than being from Falls City, it ain't by much.

phead903
9/9/2007, 06:40 PM
I do think that TK's ILTB&G needs to ditch the pre-made chicken fried steak they have and make a proper one. That is almost the official food of Oklahoma and they should make one that deserves the designation.

Nelson's Buffeteria in downtown Tulsa made the awesomest CFS that i ever had...

bluedogok
9/9/2007, 07:02 PM
I still prefer The Chuck House at 10th & Meridian in OKC.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 07:08 PM
I still prefer The Chuck House at 10th & Meridian in OKC.
I like it as a sandwich.......not so much as a plate meal.

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 07:16 PM

DOOD! IT'S OKLAHOMA!!! I am a tried and true Okie living in AZ...and deal with it...Oklahoma is a redneck, simple man, good ol American lovin' state!! It is what Oklahoma is...and Toby represents well. You aren't cutting edge...you aren't hip and cool...you are Oklahoma...how we dealt with 4/19/95 and 5/3/99...reaching out, taking care of each other and showing America what great heart we have...but we are who we are.

Fixed.

And I agree 100% with you. I am not a TK fan but have ZERO problem with him representing the school.
Or you could be like SUC and have a known drug user and probably doing many worse things than that waste of life known as Snoop.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 07:19 PM
Fixed.

And I agree 100% with you. I am not a TK fan but have ZERO problem with him representing the school.
Or you could be like SUC and have a known drug user and probably doing many worse things than that waste of life known as Snoop.
Will Ferrell

josh09
9/9/2007, 07:27 PM
I loved his introduction of the team.

"We don't have any hurricanes in Oklahoma, we have tornados!"

That was amazing haha i didnt even see it til 5 mins ago because i just got home from norman.

Watching us kill them on DVR in HD is fun..... :D

PhilTLL
9/9/2007, 07:35 PM
Fixed.

A KNOWN DRUG USER!!! Zounds!

Wait, Toby Keith...y'mean the one who has talked repeatedly over the years about getting high with Willie Nelson?

Stitch Face
9/9/2007, 07:56 PM
Love TK but don't make him out to be a saint. Saw him at Sturgis, drinks whisky like a fish. But great concert.

Oh no you dinna just dis drinkin' whiskey... :mad:

And anyone buying the chicken fried steak at TK's when there's a Del Rancho on the way home should be shot. You've been warned.

What the hell is this thread about again?

mhackl
9/9/2007, 08:01 PM
I don't particularly care for his music, but he's a die hard Sooner fan and alum therefor he's my brother, and I'm proud to have him announce my boys.

Way to go TK

colinreturn
9/9/2007, 08:07 PM
at least its not matthew mcnoughGAY like the whorns.

tommieharris91
9/9/2007, 08:23 PM
I've heard TK's daughter is/was a student here. I guess that means he has something to do with OU.

snp
9/9/2007, 09:51 PM

Hate to break it to you but there's a large percentage of our team and every other team that are drug users.

Snoop is the shizzle.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 09:53 PM
snoop sucks

his mainstream acceptance disappoints me.

Ash
9/9/2007, 10:04 PM
OU lays a huge smack down on the evil thUgs from miami and the longest thread is about toby keith...

****in hillbillies

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 10:05 PM
People, if you are wanting to mention USC's shameful alums you can always go Orenthal.

Ash
9/9/2007, 10:07 PM
People, if you are wanting to mention USC's shameful alums you can always go Orenthal.

Good call. That's a trump.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 10:23 PM
OU lays a huge smack down on the evil thUgs from miami and the longest thread is about toby keith...

****in hillbillies
In fairness........the thread about AE's sack would be longer if it hadn't been tainted.

Ash
9/9/2007, 10:24 PM
In fairness........the thread about AE's sack would be longer if it hadn't been tainted.

No pun intended?

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2007, 10:25 PM
If I admit it was intended, it could be deleted.

9/10/2007, 12:59 AM
I was pointing out that Justice Thomas is a better representative of Nebraska Fans than Larry the Cable Guy.Apology. You would certainly be correct on that one.(IMHO, of course)Wait, I thought Justice Thomas was from South Carolina? We could Google, of course...

Dio
9/10/2007, 09:13 AM
In fairness........the thread about AE's taint would be longer if it hadn't been sacked.

:eek:

royalfan5
9/10/2007, 09:37 AM
Apology. You would certainly be correct on that one.(IMHO, of course)Wait, I thought Justice Thomas was from South Carolina? We could Google, of course...
His wife is from Nebraska, and she convinced him to join the good guys after that.

frankensooner
9/10/2007, 10:31 AM
I thought people didn't like TK because he wore crocs?

Hey, TK did the best intro of the day. Way to go TK. I would appreciate it though if you got the dinner rolls back on the menu at your resturant. My misses doesn't care for the only corn bread option, and why do you have to pay for the dinner salad now?

UberSooner
9/10/2007, 11:48 AM
Remember Grandy's. I used to get the double stack chicken fry. Damn that was some good eats.

LifelongSooner
9/10/2007, 12:50 PM
You need to go back and watch the 2000 Orange Bowl, starting with the part where Bob Stoops says, "It's easy to see that Oklahoma is back," while he's hoisting the Sears Trophy, and then wait for Toby to belt out HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW? If you don't get goosebumps when you hear Toby screaming out that song (to the national media who said, ad nauseum, that OU didn't stand a chance against FSU, to the local media (Dean the Duntz) who picked FSU over us WHILE INTERVIEWING Coach Stoops in Miami, before that championship game--to everyone who said we were just a gimmicky offense that all the other teams would figure out by the end of the season, to the Heisman voters who picked the AARP poster child Weinke over our Josh--if you don't get goosebumps and understand why Toby is here, you can't be a Sooner fan :)

Fraggle145
9/10/2007, 01:26 PM
does anyone have a youtube link they can post for those of us who were at the game?

sooneron
9/10/2007, 01:33 PM
I can stomach TK. I did crack up on the come get some part. However, he should have taken a minute to really think about what he was going to say. It seemed very off the top of his head. A little too spontaneous.

soonersweetie
9/10/2007, 02:32 PM
You need to go back and watch the 2000 Orange Bowl, starting with the part where Bob Stoops says, "It's easy to see that Oklahoma is back," while he's hoisting the Sears Trophy, and then wait for Toby to belt out HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW? If you don't get goosebumps when you hear Toby screaming out that song (to the national media who said, ad nauseum, that OU didn't stand a chance against FSU, to the local media (Dean the Duntz) who picked FSU over us WHILE INTERVIEWING Coach Stoops in Miami, before that championship game--to everyone who said we were just a gimmicky offense that all the other teams would figure out by the end of the season, to the Heisman voters who picked the AARP poster child Weinke over our Josh--if you don't get goosebumps and understand why Toby is here, you can't be a Sooner fan :)

Absolutely!! I love TK's music and I love it even more that he is a Sooner fan!!! I thought his intro was hilarious. Haven't been to his restaurant yet, someday I will.

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 02:34 PM
Remember Grandy's. I used to get the double stack chicken fry. Damn that was some good eats.

with some country gravy. Mmmmn.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 02:35 PM
What I would prefer is ABC/ESPN/FSN or whoever is carrying the game not comb the crowd for the goofiest looking redneck they can find hootin' and hollerin' for the Sooners. I mean, do they have production meetings with the statement, "Find the tornado bait and give them some air time!" posted?

r5TPsooner
9/10/2007, 02:36 PM
:eek: Are we talkin' about the same place? I didn't think anything on the menu in the Bricktown TK's was over $12-13 except maybe a couple steaks.

I've tried most of the stuff there; hated the chicken fried steak but it's worth it for the meatloaf and sides.

And don't go knockin' fried bologna!

16.99+tax.

Maybe they raised there prices.

soonersweetie
9/10/2007, 02:38 PM
What I would prefer is ABC/ESPN/FSN or whoever is carrying the game not comb the crowd for the goofiest looking redneck they can find hootin' and hollerin' for the Sooners. I mean, do they have production meetings with the statement, "Find the tornado bait and give them some air time!" posted?

I thought that too. I was watching my recorded version last night and I thought, out of all 85k fans, these few were the best they could find to put on tv? Now, don't get me wrong, I love all of our Sooner fans :) ....some are just more photogenic than others ;)

Tiptonsooner
9/10/2007, 02:44 PM
If your sitting at the game, close to the camera and can't figure out which hillbilly will be the glorified idiot on TV, yep. It be you.

sitzpinkler
9/10/2007, 02:55 PM
What I would prefer is ABC/ESPN/FSN or whoever is carrying the game not comb the crowd for the goofiest looking redneck they can find

then Toby Keith would never get any air time :D :P

TMcGee86
9/10/2007, 03:18 PM

good call. the ten piece nuggets was money as well.

The Maestro
9/10/2007, 03:23 PM
then Toby Keith would never get any air time :D :P

Yes, poor Toby the redneck. I'm sure your crib, cars, style and popularity would have him very envious.

People bashing Toby Keith and who think Stoops is running up the score...two more good reasons why I drink.

TexasSooner01
9/10/2007, 03:30 PM
I love Toby!!! My oldest son was so excited when he realized TK was a Sooner fan!

Rock on Toby!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!

soonerloyal
9/10/2007, 06:46 PM

Reminds me of an interview I saw with one of the Moore tornado victims in '99. One of the nationally-known reporters was asking the woman if she lost everything, and she said (I SWEAR TO GOD ALMIGHTY) "...just about everything, but my velvet Elvis paintin' is OK, so it's not all bad..."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of all the victims who were available that week - how many did they have to go through to find HER? I swear, I hoped she was originally from Texas.

Anaxamander
9/10/2007, 08:16 PM
TK's a local boy done good--gotta appreciate that.

Plus, it's really funny to me how people get to college and think they're too sophisticated or complex for country music. Actually, it's more sad than anything.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2007, 08:23 PM
TK's a local boy done good--gotta appreciate that.

Plus, it's really funny to me how people get to college and think they're too sophisticated or complex for country music. Actually, it's more sad than anything.
I hated it before I even made it to high school.

Sophistication has nothing to do with it. I just hated the lyrics, the music, and the image. Other than that it was OK.

A lot of today's country music would have been called rock years ago. The line has been blurred.

Ash
9/10/2007, 08:28 PM
Wags in Woodward has the best CFS IMHO.

soonerloyal
9/10/2007, 09:11 PM
I still like Harry Bears' CFS. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Stitch Face
9/10/2007, 09:47 PM
I still like Harry Bears' CFS. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I haven't been to Harry Bears since going on a date there (to the Woodland Hills one, before it became Abbey Road, before that left for whatever seven things it's been since) in 8th grade.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2007, 09:49 PM
I haven't been to Harry Bears since going on a date there (to the Woodland Hills one, before it became Abbey Road, before that left for whatever seven things it's been since) in 8th grade.
Harry Bear's just moved locations.

Ate there on our recent trip for the UNT game. Janie is the owner and she is one nice lady.

bluedogok
9/10/2007, 09:59 PM
A lot of today's country music would have been called rock years ago. The line has been blurred.
Yep, Lynryd Skynyrd would be considered country now, Southern Rock always had a country component in it.

BoomerGirl34
9/10/2007, 10:06 PM
with some country gravy. Mmmmn.

And the ROLLS! :) :) :) :) :)

OzarkSooner
9/10/2007, 10:45 PM

Heheh....

I'll be laughing at "tornado bait" all day tomorrow!!

If I could give proper spek, that response would qualify.

;)

sitzpinkler
9/10/2007, 11:24 PM
Yes, poor Toby the redneck. I'm sure your crib, cars, style and popularity would have him very envious.

People bashing Toby Keith and who think Stoops is running up the score...two more good reasons why I drink.

did you miss both of those smilies?

geez, pull the stick out

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2007, 12:23 AM
Now THAT'S an image I don't need in my head!

CatHunter
9/11/2007, 08:44 AM
I heard Color Me Badd is doing the intro next week.

That.will.be.AWESSOM!

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:57 AM
Hey, it could have been ****ing hinder!

Piware
9/19/2007, 11:49 PM
I don't mind Toby Keith being a sooner fan, I just don't want him being perceived as the face of the OU sooners. Let him sit in the stands and the camera can pan to him, but not doing voice overs and intros.

USC used Reggie Bush. They had wanted OJ Simpson but he was otherwise detained - as in held without bail in Vegas. See, Toby is a step up from a whole gang of people and he tells it like it is. He was there in 2000 for the NC game and, while players graduated and moved on, Toby is as loyal a fan as ever. Good enough for me and I don't care whether the Dixie Witches like it or not - treasonous little biotches.

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2007, 01:20 AM
At least we didn't have anything resembling that wussy Torretta.

I hope if they ever do this again though, they get Switzer to do it!

freshchris05
9/20/2007, 02:03 AM
i say we have james garner as maverick of course tho..

handcrafted
9/20/2007, 01:26 PM
...plays second-rate country and that silly Ford gee-tar.

Oh wait, I thought this was the weekly coach bashing thread.
Oops.

Taxman71
9/20/2007, 01:45 PM
At least we didn't have anything resembling that wussy Torretta.

I hope if they ever do this again though, they get Switzer to do it!

Doubt it now that he is under contract with Fox (I believe).

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 12:15 AM
Well then, Fox needs to do it!

I suppose the ABC-ESPN conglomerate could have some REAL Okie heroes like Hanson, so even those of us wjo aren't big Toby Keith fans will break into nervous sweaty shakes and beg for Toby to come back!

Seamus
9/21/2007, 01:01 AM
I don't care whether the Dixie Witches like it or not - treasonous little biotches.

If you had been thinking about how that would have been better to say on the Oval, you'd have been right. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2007, 01:20 AM
Honestly though...who'd ya rather bang?

freshchris05
9/21/2007, 02:04 AM
Honestly though...who'd ya rather bang?

Sally Field...

Dont ask..