PDA

View Full Version : Jenks/Union

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 10:55 PM
Wow.

Another classic.

Union erases 20 - 9 fourth quarter deficit and wins it in overtime.

Union 43
Jenks 42

If we haven't offered that Union kicker, we should.

OU-HSV
9/7/2007, 10:58 PM
Great game. And we've got a helluva kicker coming into OU next year

OklahomaTuba
9/7/2007, 11:01 PM
Just sitting here watchng it in disbelief. Amazing game.

WTF is Curtis Fitzpatrick doing over here??? Don't we have enough crappy sports reporters in Tulsa?

CtheB
9/7/2007, 11:07 PM
Amazing game. Each year (generally) just amazing.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 11:15 PM
No way I thought Union was gonna win this one. I dent getta watch it but from the news it was all but over

SoonerDood
9/7/2007, 11:25 PM
I believe Tress Way has committed to the Sooners.

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 11:40 PM
Overtime bowl game that ends 43-42... how poetic. :mad:

j/k... I'm really impressed with Tress Way. Good boot and accuracy, too.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2007, 11:58 PM
Sounds like it was a great one.

SoonerDood
9/8/2007, 07:40 AM
Seems like that game starts out 10-7 at halftime and always ends up high-scoring.

handcrafted
9/8/2007, 09:58 AM
Good.

Grief.

Fargin' Redskins. :mad:

Cam
9/9/2007, 12:07 PM
I turned this on during the 4th quarter. It was a fun game to watch.

OU-HSV
9/9/2007, 04:21 PM
I believe Tress Way has committed to the Sooners.
See my above post :D

Jewstin
9/9/2007, 04:48 PM
As a Union grad, can't say I was too surprised ... the 4th quarter always blows up in this game. I got to watch Kejuan Jones decimate us at the end of the 4th quarter in the 2000 game.

It's unreal to see a kicker that solid in high school. Didn't he kick a 50+ yarder or something? Absolutely bonkers.

SoonerShark
9/9/2007, 06:12 PM
I was rooting for Union because one of my best friend's nephew, Kirk Fridrich, is the head coach there now. I am proud of the job he has done at Stillwater and Owasso prior to moving to Union. Union won a game in Ohio last week that was rerun on the NFL Network yesterday and the NFL Network was filming a special about the Jenks-Union game and the surrounding events, which is to be telecast on or around October 18, 2007, if I was informed correctly. Union and Jenks are two of the prime high school jobs in the U.S.

Boomer.....
9/10/2007, 08:45 AM
Great game! Watching that extra point get blocked reminded me of the Michigan vs. App. State game.

OUmillenium
9/10/2007, 09:00 AM
Kicking game was probably the deciding factor in the game before the extra point was blocked. Union kickoff went into the endzone every time while Jenks kickoff was usually the high "pooch" kick that resulted in incredibly good field position for Union time and time again. Baffles the Trojan mind...

Grimey
9/10/2007, 09:37 AM
I saw where they were showing notable former players for each school. They left off Justin Fuente.

The_Red_Patriot
9/10/2007, 09:42 AM
It was your typical Union/Jenks game.

I was the only Union fan I think on the Jenks side(GF was a Jenks grad, I was a Union grad) so I had to sit with her family.

I got alot of evil looks. When Jenks scored and took the lead with a minute left, this Jenks guy probrably in his mid 40's turns to me and says, "Ball game, thats Jenks baby".

I just smiled and kept my mouth shut and thought a minute is more than enough time.

The Union kicker who is a OU commit has some fire in him. When Trimble tried to ice him in OT, the kid clapped at the Jenks bench then turned to the Union crowd and threw his hands in the air causing the fans to go crazy.

That kicker nailed a 47 yarder that probrably could have been made from 57 yards.