PDA

View Full Version : Geez. $29.95 for OU/Utah State PPV. That's just ridiculous

aurorasooner
9/7/2007, 07:55 PM
I wonder if Fox sports central on the Comcast cable tier will replay the game?

Utah State-Oklahoma Game To Be Pay-Per-View Only
Friday September 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Norman (AP) - Oklahoma's game against Utah State next weekend will be televised live only on a pay-per-view basis.

The Sept. 15 game was not picked up for an over-the-air broadcast or for cable television, and will only be available for fans willing to pay $29.95 to view it.

Fox Sports Net plans to replay the game at 11 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and parts of New Mexico.

The last Oklahoma game that wasn't on either broadcast or cable television was the Middle Tennessee game last year, which was also on pay-per-view.

The Sooners play Miami tomorrow in a game that will be shown on NewsChannel 8.

Widescreen
9/7/2007, 08:04 PM
$30 is cheap compared to a couple of game tickets.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 08:08 PM
after saturday they will be giving away those tickets

thast not very nice

guzziguy
9/7/2007, 08:09 PM
WhatA Catc....Intercep.....Oh, he dropped it. Incomplete

I'll be listening to the radio broadcast.

soonersam
9/7/2007, 08:27 PM
will it be part of Gameplan??

Newbomb Turk
9/7/2007, 08:38 PM
guess I'll miss that game.

RedstickSooner
9/7/2007, 08:38 PM
Fox Sports Net plans to replay the game at 11 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and parts of New Mexico.

Well, thank the football gods for that, at least :)

Scott D
9/7/2007, 08:46 PM
will it be part of Gameplan??

if the past few years are any indiciation, the answer would be no. They'll offer it as an additional ppv channel for the $29.95 price.

these kinds of games are why I'm hoping the Big Ten Network becomes a huge hit (despite Comcast ****ing off a lot of people up in this part of the country...the Big 10 is running a good campaign of public relations to put pressure on Comcast). The potential of a Big-12 Network/Channel to be created because of it means we wouldn't deal with games like this or the Arkie St./ Tejas game on ppv status.

SeattleOUstudent
9/7/2007, 08:55 PM
Id rather spend my $30 at a sports bar and get drinks :)

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 08:57 PM
If you think $30 is too much to see an OU game, skip a few coffee's, fast food meals and the bottle of hooch. Good Lord...ever been to an OU game?

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:05 PM
I have no schedule for GAMEPLAN that week but the Middle Tenn game last year was on GAMEPLAN. So maybe we will get luckie.

Newbomb Turk
9/7/2007, 09:07 PM
I have no schedule for GAMEPLAN that week but the Middle Tenn game last year was on GAMEPLAN. So maybe we will get luckie.

how can anybody with that ^^^ avatar have red spek?

salth2o
9/7/2007, 09:10 PM
Well, I will definitetly be going to watch TTech destroy Rice that day.

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:22 PM
a certain member=******....

He knows who he is!

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:23 PM
Apparently I have poor timing with my humor. I personally don't have a problem with it. :)

oumartin
9/7/2007, 09:31 PM
******? No I prefer your other names thank you.

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:32 PM
you don't have to take it personally......just pokin fun....I am over it! aren't you

oumartin
9/7/2007, 09:35 PM
did i give you any red for that post?

If not I am over it

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:37 PM
ok ok ok , I thought we could run with it for a while. I get bored and sometimes I like a good tennis match.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 09:40 PM
no problem, i took offense because my computer is the only access I have to any photos of my kids or my wife. Its how I stay in touch and its how I get by each m'fing day that I am not home.

Widescreen
9/7/2007, 09:45 PM
a certain member=******....

He knows who he is!
That doesn't really narrow it down.

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:45 PM
I understand....I have gone that same route with my PC. I can not remember how many photo's I have lost over the years. It ****es me off as well.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 09:48 PM
and wham, looks who's green

DrZaius
9/7/2007, 09:52 PM
I appreciate it but I enjoyed the banter as well.....now we have gone all sappy and it makes me feel girlish. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:D :texan: :D

Newbomb Turk
9/7/2007, 09:55 PM
damn - what did I start?!

:D

oumartin
9/7/2007, 09:57 PM
shut up NT! :D

aurorasooner
9/7/2007, 10:18 PM
these kinds of games are why I'm hoping the Big Ten Network becomes a huge hit (despite Comcast ****ing off a lot of people up in this part of the country...the Big 10 is running a good campaign of public relations to put pressure on Comcast). The potential of a Big-12 Network/Channel to be created because of it means we wouldn't deal with games like this or the Arkie St./ Tejas game on ppv status. My understanding from reading the Comcast boards is there's no way they're going to put the Big 10 network on the basic cable tier in the Big 10 area, and charge every single Comcast customer $1.10/mos extra whether or not they are Big 10 fans or even sport's fans. I've also read where the Big 10 network public relation's campaign is to get their head coaches to pimp the Big 10 network to the fans. JMHO, but I think CC is right in wanting to put the Big 10 network in their sport's tier, and my thinking wouldn't be any different if a Big 12 network was trying to get on the Basic cable tier. I guess the determining factor will be how many Big 10 fans switch to DirectTV over this.
As far as $29.95 for the OU/Utah State game, I don't really understand how and who sets the price. It looks like to me for a ""cream-puff game that a whole lot more than double the fans would pick up the game at $14.95 when you consider the amount of fans that will go to sports bars and also pool together over at friend's houses vs picking it up at home for 30 bucks. No question, I would pick it up for 15 bucks just to watch the BU QBs play in the 2nd half, but for $30 I doubt it. Now if OU was playing Ole Miss instead of Utah State like Mizzou is this weekend (which isn't televised), then that would be a different story.

arcman46
9/7/2007, 10:50 PM
if the past few years are any indiciation, the answer would be no. They'll offer it as an additional ppv channel for the $29.95 price.

these kinds of games are why I'm hoping the Big Ten Network becomes a huge hit (despite Comcast ****ing off a lot of people up in this part of the country...the Big 10 is running a good campaign of public relations to put pressure on Comcast). The potential of a Big-12 Network/Channel to be created because of it means we wouldn't deal with games like this or the Arkie St./ Tejas game on ppv status.

All I know is that since the Mountain West started their own network "the Mountain", unless you are a Comcast customer, you can't watch Mtn West football. They won't sell the rights to the Mountain to Directv or Dish. I, for one like my Directv, and really don't want to be stuck having to have Comcast to be able to watch Big 12 football.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2007, 11:21 PM
That sucks...My stepdaughter loves anything to do with the state of Utah and I was hoping this would finally be an excuse to really get her into football.

Scott D
9/8/2007, 08:28 AM
All I know is that since the Mountain West started their own network "the Mountain", unless you are a Comcast customer, you can't watch Mtn West football. They won't sell the rights to the Mountain to Directv or Dish. I, for one like my Directv, and really don't want to be stuck having to have Comcast to be able to watch Big 12 football.

no, that was me taking a shot at comcast for their ****ty commercials about 'ditching the dish' especially when they have the ****tiest customer service in the area if not the nation. That's also why I enjoy the fact that NHL ratings on Versus are so poor, because Versus is owned by Comcast.

Comcast also lost a $100 Million lawsuit in Michigan over price gouging.

DrZaius
9/8/2007, 08:47 AM
no, that was me taking a shot at comcast for their ****ty commercials about 'ditching the dish' especially when they have the ****tiest customer service in the area if not the nation. That's also why I enjoy the fact that NHL ratings on Versus are so poor, because Versus is owned by Comcast.

Comcast also lost a $100 Million lawsuit in Michigan over price gouging.

Spek to anyone who hates cable like I do. Good job! CABLE BLOWS MONKEYS!

aurorasooner
9/8/2007, 10:06 AM
no, that was me taking a shot at comcast for their ****ty commercials about 'ditching the dish' especially when they have the ****tiest customer service in the area if not the nation. I don't have any problems with the CC customer service dept, at least you usually can get thru to them in a timely manor. However most of them are tech noobs and their only answer is "your signal levels look good, recycle your modem and router".
It's CC's billing/accounting dept. that is only surpassed by hospital's billing departments as being crooked. If you don't scrutinize your bill every month, it's been my experience that there's always an add-on charge that shouldn't be there, and when you call them they can't explain it, and they just take it off. However when you pay your bill in full, the amount they adjusted is re-added as "past due" on your next month's statement. Not surprised that Michigan dinged them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not under investigation for over-billing by all the states where they do business.

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 04:41 PM
Id rather spend my $30 at a sports bar and get drinks :)

me too....

where in the dallas area will we find it?

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2007, 04:58 PM
me too....

where in the dallas area will we find it?

I bet Lonnegans in Hurst will have it. Also, the Mat on McKinney is a good bet.

http://www.lonnegans.com/

http://www.mckinneyavenuetavern.com/The_MAT.html

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 05:21 PM
GREAT!!!

I live in Plano.... so the McKinney location may be good.
thanks

Animal Mother
9/11/2007, 05:30 PM
I don't have any problems with the CC customer service dept, at least you usually can get thru to them in a timely manor. However most of them are tech noobs and their only answer is "your signal levels look good, recycle your modem and router".
It's CC's billing/accounting dept. that is only surpassed by hospital's billing departments as being crooked. If you don't scrutinize your bill every month, it's been my experience that there's always an add-on charge that shouldn't be there, and when you call them they can't explain it, and they just take it off. However when you pay your bill in full, the amount they adjusted is re-added as "past due" on your next month's statement. Not surprised that Michigan dinged them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not under investigation for over-billing by all the states where they do business.

Comcast in Dallas was an incredible rip off. We had only one cable hook up that was live. They brought two boxes and forgot to remove the one they kept and billed me for PPV I didn't order. It took three months to fix it. Then when we bought a house and shut it down, they tried to bill me for the second box and a modem, which I had bought with a Best Buy gift card before they were our cable provider. When I turned in the one box I did use, they said I was paid in full. Three months later I received a bill for $880.00 for the second box and the modem. You can get the modem for $35.00 and the boxes were on line for about $250.00. Nice math. I think they attended public school in Texass.

sooneron
9/11/2007, 05:58 PM
It's 2007, since when is 30 bucks a lot of money? ****, that kind of money usually falls out of my pocket when I walk out the front door.

And I aint Bruce!

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 06:39 PM
Jerk alert.

sooneron has more money than everybody else and must tell us to compensate for..... (what was it again you are compensating for sonneron?)

;-)

aurorasooner
9/11/2007, 06:46 PM
Comcast in Dallas was an incredible rip off. We had only one cable hook up that was live. They brought two boxes and forgot to remove the one they kept and billed me for PPV I didn't order. It took three months to fix it. Then when we bought a house and shut it down, they tried to bill me for the second box and a modem, which I had bought with a Best Buy gift card before they were our cable provider. When I turned in the one box I did use, they said I was paid in full. Three months later I received a bill for $880.00 for the second box and the modem. You can get the modem for $35.00 and the boxes were on line for about $250.00. Nice math. I think they attended public school in Texass. Good rule of thumb when dealing with Comcast.
1) Find the location of your local payment office 2) whenever you add equipment be sure to get and save the receipt with your bills 3) after adding extra services by phone, stop by your local Comcast office 3 or 4 days later and have them do a screen-print of the equipment and services that you have, and get a copy. If there are any discrepancies with the equipment, solve them there, at the local service office (with the supervisor if you have to) and get a print-out of what they did, and file it away, because I guarantee you'll need it if you D/C service. I like Comcast service for the price, however every CC customer I know, says the same thing, their billing/accounting dept. is either incompetent (which is hard to believe since the errors are never in the customer's favor), or crooked.

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 07:41 PM
Good rule of thumb when dealing with Comcast.
1) Find the location of your local payment office 2) whenever you add equipment be sure to get and save the receipt with your bills 3) after adding extra services by phone, stop by your local Comcast office 3 or 4 days later and have them do a screen-print of the equipment and services that you have, and get a copy. If there are any discrepancies with the equipment, solve them there, at the local service office (with the supervisor if you have to) and get a print-out of what they did, and file it away, because I guarantee you'll need it if you D/C service. I like Comcast service for the price, however every CC customer I know, says the same thing, their billing/accounting dept. is either incompetent (which is hard to believe since the errors are never in the customer's favor), or crooked.

yep, they suck.
glad i dont deal with them any more.
i have verizon fios..... they seem happy to have customers. ;)

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:01 PM
Jerk alert.

sooneron has more money than everybody else and must tell us to compensate for..... (what was it again you are compensating for sonneron?)

;-)
Uh, yeah, whatever.

30 dollars is not much unless you're a student of some sort. Sorry I touched a nerve.

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 08:06 PM
Uh, yeah, whatever.

30 dollars is not much unless you're a student of some sort. Sorry I touched a nerve.

i aint offended.....

but maybe some other Sooner fans might have been. think about that......

:pop:

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think I need some 5 post troll to tell me what to think about. I would have thought that someone "loosely" engaged in finance would realize a little something called inflation and the dollar aint worth much.

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 08:21 PM
I don't think I need some 5 post troll to tell me what to think about. I would have thought that someone "loosely" engaged in finance would realize a little something called inflation and the dollar aint worth much.

ok, stud....

but this isn't the finance forum. and i hate to see people be judgemental

no, i am not a troll. i left another forum to join this one.

*checking my old bookmarks*

Scott D
9/11/2007, 08:22 PM
Good rule of thumb when dealing with Comcast.

I was semi-wrong about the amount of the lawsuit. It was for a lot less, and it was in reference to Comcast double billing customers for some charges. They're probably doing the same thing in other parts of the country.

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:24 PM
ok, stud....

but this isn't the finance forum. and i hate to see people be judgemental

no, i am not a troll. i left another forum to join this one.

*checking my old bookmarks*
Judgmental? I didn't call anyone a jerk for an off the cuff remark.

As far as the other forum goes.... WTF? who cares?

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 08:35 PM
Judgmental? I didn't call anyone a jerk for an off the cuff remark.

As far as the other forum goes.... WTF? who cares?

ok, stud

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:42 PM
Heh, looks like someone got...

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6596/negbombedno9.jpg

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 08:51 PM
ok, stud

you've used this line twice. try something new.

Widescreen
9/11/2007, 08:51 PM
Heh, looks like someone got...

Shut up, C. You stud. :D

sooneron
9/11/2007, 08:59 PM
You stud, you!

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 09:05 PM
you've used this line twice. try something new.

dude, i dont care....

i stand by my original post. he was rude. his response was flippant and he elevated his disdain for he basic Sooner fan with his responses.

was i wrong? maybe.... but was i more wrong? absolutely not.

whatever....

ruf/nekdad
9/11/2007, 09:06 PM
very studly thread

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 09:06 PM
what does 'nuked' mean

is that kind of like when my 6yr old 'nukes' his friend in a video game?

*scratching head*

sooneron
9/11/2007, 09:10 PM
Who knew? The basic Sooner fan can't afford 30 bucks. Poor little Okies.

Buy a vowel and solve the puzzle, people were bitching about the cost, not because they couldn't afford it, but because they didn't feel it was in line with the competition on the field, Mr. Champion of the downtrodden.

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 09:12 PM
dude, i dont care....

i stand by my original post. he was rude. his response was flippant and he elevated his disdain for he basic Sooner fan with his responses.

was i wrong? maybe.... but was i more wrong? absolutely not.

whatever....

slick, this whole board is flippant. get used to it or cave in and flame out.

sooneron
9/11/2007, 09:21 PM
That's it!!

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

SoonerPriv
9/11/2007, 09:23 PM
i'm paying it.. :( I made a deal with the wife last week before miami game, I get to go to it, she watches the kid if she can go to utah with her girlfriends and I watch the kid.. :( then she ended up scoring a free miami ticket and conned her aunt into babysitting.. and i'm stuck with the deal.. blah..i'll have enough buddies come over that will make the price nominal though.

After reading this thread i'm glad I don't have comcast. i've had cox for over 10 years, I had one issue with getting service transferred one time but wasn't that bad.. i still had access to basic cable. when I first went to all cox(phone,internet,tv) I was a little skeptical.. thats been over 5 years. now I sound like a cox comercial..

sooneron
9/11/2007, 09:25 PM
i'm paying it.. :( I made a deal with the wife last week before miami game, I get to go to it, she watches the kid if she can go to utah with her girlfriends and I watch the kid.. :( then she ended up scoring a free miami ticket and conned her aunt into babysitting.. and i'm stuck with the deal.. blah..i'll have enough buddies come over that will make the price nominal though.

This is pure gold!:twinkies:

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2007, 09:35 PM
You know, 30 bucks really isn't that much money, I agree. But when you have a couple of kids, LV rent costs, ridiculous utilities, inflation and corn prices making everything from milk to meat cost 30% more than it did last year, gas prices lower but still pretty high on a 25 mile cross town commute to work, and a giant beer habit the cost for a pretty unexciting game is a bit much.

Just sayin'

sooneron
9/11/2007, 09:37 PM
You know, 30 bucks really isn't that much money, I agree. But when you have a couple of kids, LV rent costs, ridiculous utilities, inflation and corn prices making everything from milk to meat cost 30% more than it did last year, gas prices lower but still pretty high on a 25 mile cross town commute to work, and a giant beer habit the cost for a pretty unexciting game is a bit much.

Just sayin'
Somewhere in that sentence lies the rub.

DallasLoanGuy
9/11/2007, 09:39 PM

After reading this thread i'm glad I don't have comcast. i've had cox for over 10 years, I had one issue with getting service transferred one time but wasn't that bad.. i still had access to basic cable. when I first went to all cox(phone,internet,tv) I was a little skeptical.. thats been over 5 years. now I sound like a cox comercial..

its a coinflip for me... pay the $30 or spend my $30 with other Sooner fans and buy a few beers at a local establishment(preferred).

who knows... i might run into sooneron and buy him a beer(or a swirlie or a shirley temple.... i dont judge)

i renew my statement: comcast sux

sooneron
9/11/2007, 09:44 PM
Oh my God, he's funny too! Oh the hilarity. What a card.

aurorasooner
9/11/2007, 09:55 PM
I just saw this on the college football TV schedule
Utah State at Oklahoma 2:30 p.m. PPV / KJZZ When you google KJZZ, it's the Fox UHF station in Salt Lake that has secondary broadcast facilities all over middle rocky mtm region. KJZZ is listed on dish at channel 815 (Dish 500). I also saw that KJZZ was broadcast on DirectTV but didn't get the channel. It's probably just available for middle rocky mtn local subscribers, but you might check your channels for KJZZ, see if you get it and then check their saturday schedule. From their Saturday TV listings it looks like they're broadcasting the game ota in Utah. Seems strange that a Salt Lake station could pick up enough advertising to broadcast OU/Utah State live and the OKC/Tulsa Fox stations couldn't. Aggies play at Troy on Fri.PM and BYU plays at Tulsa Sat. Night so it's not a "major university playing within so many miles of Norman" thing. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1/screenshot092dr7.jpg

SapulpaSooner
9/11/2007, 09:59 PM
The replay is on fox sports net Monday at 11:00Am am going to DVR the game.

arcman46
9/11/2007, 10:05 PM
KJZZ is not the Fox affiliate in SLC. It's a local channel that usually shows the Jazz games, and some other sports programing as well as reruns. No one outside of Utah, is likely to get this in their programming package.

sozo
9/11/2007, 10:06 PM
That's how I look at it also.It WILL be on in this house.

r5TPsooner
9/11/2007, 10:08 PM
I've had both Comcast & Cox Cable. While cables sucks to the nth degree, Cox makes Comcast look like the greatest company on the face of the earth.

sooneron
9/11/2007, 10:11 PM
The replay is on fox sports Monday at 11:00Am am going to DVR the game.
My Fox channel for Sooner football says friggin atm and fresno st!:mad:

SapulpaSooner
9/11/2007, 10:20 PM

Try This http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule

aurorasooner
9/11/2007, 10:22 PM
KJZZ is not the Fox affiliate in SLC. It's a local channel that usually shows the Jazz games, and some other sports programing as well as reruns. No one outside of Utah, is likely to get this in their programming package. Sorry. I know nothing about SLC TV stations. I read somewhere, after googling KJZZ, that they used to be UPN, got booted, but are now fox. It's probably just a misprint.
KJZZ joins My Network Deseret News (Salt Lake City) - Find Articles
MyNetworkTV, a Fox-owned enterprise formed when CBS decided to shut down UPN, will debut nationally

sooneron
9/11/2007, 10:24 PM
Try This http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule
That doesn't work for me, as it does not include *upgraded. I have the upgraded package from my cable provider. The big 12 stuff is on FCSC. Thanks for trying though.

King Crimson
9/11/2007, 10:29 PM

i'd take Fresno and the points if i were you.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 10:31 PM
I just saw this on the college football TV schedule When you google KJZZ, it's the Fox UHF station in Salt Lake that has secondary broadcast facilities all over middle rocky mtm region. KJZZ is listed on dish at channel 815 (Dish 500). I also saw that KJZZ was broadcast on DirectTV but didn't get the channel. It's probably just available for middle rocky mtn local subscribers, but you might check your channels for KJZZ, see if you get it and then check their saturday schedule. From their Saturday TV listings it looks like they're broadcasting the game ota in Utah. Seems strange that a Salt Lake station could pick up enough advertising to broadcast OU/Utah State live and the OKC/Tulsa Fox stations couldn't. Aggies play at Troy on Fri.PM and BYU plays at Tulsa Sat. Night so it's not a "major university playing within so many miles of Norman" thing.

that probably has a lot more to do with whether or not there is a local affiliate that normally carries games. Something you are more apt to see with smaller programs that aren't 'national powerhouses'. KJZZ used to be the UPN affiliate out there until there were issues regarding programming. It's kind of similar to how most of Hawaii's broadcasts were carried on a local channel with local announcers.

SoonerShark
9/11/2007, 10:31 PM
I would pay $9.99 to watch it on PPV. Probably more than 4 times the people would pay $9.99, which would make much more money overall.

guzziguy
9/11/2007, 10:36 PM
I would pay $9.99 to watch it on PPV. Probably more than 4 times the people would pay $9.99, which would make much more money overall.

Exactly.

aurorasooner
9/11/2007, 10:44 PM
I would pay $9.99 to watch it on PPV. Probably more than 4 times the people would pay $9.99, which would make much more money overall. That was my thinking from a post on the first page ($14.95 just to watch the BU QB's play), but I don't know the economics of who gets a cut of the PPV pie. Seems like any more with cable all you have to do is "click" on the on screen menu of the event, and it comes up "authorize" and that's it, no calling to a csr (if it works). I don't know if you have to call in to the 2 sats to get it authorized).The cable companies accounting depts, like Comcast, probably "cook the books" with the University and the broadcasting provider, the same way they do to their customers, and 70/30's probably getting a 20k broadcasting honorarium and that's the reason they're having to set the price at $30. :D :D Hell just have one camera up in the press box, piggyback the Sooner radio audio on to the TV broadcast, forget about any instant replay, and make sure BBsr has a hot dog caddy. With a game like OU/Utah state the BBsr. audio would, at the least, be entertaining for anyone that hasn't heard him in a while.

Scott D
9/11/2007, 10:48 PM
I blame Joe C. for it being anything more than 19.99

aurorasooner
9/12/2007, 12:42 AM
Since Cox doesn't make anything extra if it's broadcast on a local channel, I wouldn't be surprised if Cox didn't throw someone a 3 day weekend in their company owned fully stocked Breckenridge condo (or similar diggs) complete with all the trimmings, for the PPV blessing.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2007, 01:30 AM
Maybe we can all talk to DallasLoanGuy and borrow the money for the PPV!

stoopified
9/12/2007, 07:23 AM
Bingo.Get together with four buddies , purchase it at whoever's house has the best big screen,cost is $6 a head.

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2007, 07:27 AM
Bingo.Get together with four buddies , purchase it at whoever's house has the best big screen,cost is $6 a head.
All I gotta do is find 4 other Sooners that want to come to my house and watch the game with me huh?

Sounds like a piece of cake.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 07:46 AM
out

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2007, 07:55 AM
I'd rather pay 59.95 than invite you anyway.

SoonerPriv
9/12/2007, 08:06 AM
No chance that this 30$ broadcast is going to be in HD is there? I haven't seen the letters HD anywhere on these advertisements. Would be nice.. i'm not holding my breath though.

soonermagicgirl
9/12/2007, 09:14 AM
thast not very nice

looka like we showed them....

ha ha

soonermagicgirl
9/12/2007, 09:21 AM
My husband and I will be at Buffalo wild wings watching the game. Would rather spend the 30 bucks on drinks and still have fun with friends!!

soonerfaninaddison
9/12/2007, 09:55 AM
Is this game being offerd on dish network? I dont see it it not the site. but the ou website says that dish network will be offering the game in oklahoma and texas for 29.95?

r5TPsooner
9/12/2007, 12:03 PM
$30 < $47
:confused:

hookem31
9/12/2007, 01:39 PM
We've been in contact with DTV and will know later today if we'll be able to order the game at our bar. If we get it, any of you in the Dallas area are more than welcome to come by. We will have it on our big screen.

http://www.myspace.com/mckinneyavenuetavern

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 01:43 PM
We've been in contact with DTV and will know later today if we'll be able to order the game at our bar. If we get it, any of you in the Dallas area are more than welcome to come by. We will have it on our big screen.

http://www.myspace.com/mckinneyavenuetavern

You work there?

I'd like to personally apologize for knocking my chair over and leaving after the Tech debacle of 05. My bad. :D

Oh and that bar rocks. They were always cool to the Mrs and I when we would bring the puppy up and sit on the patio to watch football. They'd always bring her some water in a bowl.

hookem31
9/12/2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I'm the bar manager and also a bartender.

Apology accepted. ;)

Next week, we are organizing an OU watching party for the Tulsa game on Friday. And afterwards, our regular Friday night karaoke! :D

aurorasooner
9/12/2007, 01:54 PM
We've been in contact with DTV and will know later today if we'll be able to order the game at our bar. If we get it, any of you in the Dallas area are more than welcome to come by. We will have it on our big screen. Just out of curiosity, on PPV does a sports bar get charged the same as an at home viewer, $30, or is there a "" commercial charge for establishments. Seems strange if there wasn't, but good for the bars if there isn't. I would think that at $30/pop, that these bars would be the ones that really make a killing off a PPV game, but I don't know. Another somewhat interesting question about Dish/Direct TV. Lets say you own 4 receivers at your residence. When you order a PPV event do you get the game on all 4 receivers, or do you have to designate just one as the PPV provider? Thx.

hookem31
9/12/2007, 01:55 PM
I wish. We pay around $400 for the individual games and $1500 for Gameplan. Sunday Ticket is almost $3000.

When you order the event, it goes to all receivers, I believe.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm the bar manager and also a bartender.

Apology accepted. ;)

Next week, we are organizing an OU watching party for the Tulsa game on Friday. And afterwards, our regular Friday night karaoke! :D

That should make for some interesting singing!!

aurorasooner
9/12/2007, 02:33 PM
When you order the event, it goes to all receivers, I believe. Thx. I've been wondering about this.

hookem31
9/12/2007, 02:46 PM
I'll have all the info tomorrow and will let y'all know.

bluedogok
9/12/2007, 10:42 PM
Typically the receivers are mirrored so something bought on one works on all. It seems to work better than it used to, I do remember some games a few years ago that didn't mirror.