PDA

View Full Version : CFN: OU favored by 16

SoonerBOI
9/7/2007, 07:08 PM
I have not seen this posted. But CFN favors us by 16. I feel confident we can beat the thugs. Thoughts?

Miami at Oklahoma
KICKOFF: Saturday, noon ET
SURFACE: Grass
TV: ABC
SERIES: Miami leads 3-2
2007 RANKINGS: Hurricanes: offense 66th (6th ACC), pass 109th (12th), run 21st (2nd), defense 23rd (3rd), pass 54th (8th), run 25th (4th); Sooners: offense 1st (1st Big 12), pass 4th (1st), run 17th (2nd), defense 28th (2nd), pass 83rd (7th), run 9th (1st)
POLLS: Oklahoma (5th AP, 6th coaches)

PREDICTION: Oklahoma 33-17
KEYS TO THE GAME: Two storied programs that haven't met since the Hurricanes clinched the 1987 national championship with a 20-14 win in the Orange Bowl. Miami looked impressive in its opening win over Marshall, but the 'Canes likely won't be able to run as freely against the Sooners. This isn't the same Miami program it was as recently as five years ago, but a road win in Norman would be big boost in the right direction. Not likely, though, given OU's ability to play defense.

FAST FACTS: Hurricanes — TBs Javarris James and Graig Cooper combined for 215 rushing yards last week against Marshall. ... The defense held Marshall to 51 rushing yards while registering six sacks. ... Miami has 13 players on the team who have already received their degrees. Sooners — Redshirt freshman RB DeMarco Murray rushed for five touchdowns last week against North Texas, the most by any OU player in a debut. ... The 79 points last week are the second-most scored by OU in the modern era, topped only by the 82 it scored against Colorado in 1980. ... This will be the Sooners' first game against an ACC opponent since North Carolina visited during the 2001 season.

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Hurricanes

TB Javarris James — Though he fell a yard short of a 100-yard effort, he scored two touchdowns in the opener. With James and Graig Cooper, the Hurricanes are developing a solid tandem in the backfield.
DE Calais Campbell — He didn't have a sack in the opener and was disappointed in that, which spells trouble for opposing blockers this week. He did have a highlight-reel interception, tipping a screen pass up in the air and then catching the ball on its descent. He was credited with eight tackles, including five solo stops.
WR Lance Leggett — The wide receivers are going to have to step up their game if the Hurricanes are to come out with a victory, and much of that responsibility will fall to Leggett. He had four catches but for only 31 yards against Marshall.

Sooners

QB Sam Bradford — He gained much-needed confidence in the rout of North Texas, passing for 350 yards in the first half to break the school record held by his position coach, Josh Heupel. He also tied a team record with 18 consecutive completions.
RB DeMarco Murray — He took advantage of his opportunity to be the featured back with five TD runs, demonstrating both power (a 1-yard plunge on fourth-and-goal) and pop (a 44-yard reverse for his first score). Now he may have to demonstrate patience, as Allen Patrick returns to the backfield.
LB Curtis Lofton — He recorded a team-high 11 tackles, including five solos, and helped limit the Mean Green to 15 rushing yards.
LT Phil Loadholt — The biggest player in OU history (6-foot-8, 350 pounds) meets his physical match this week as he lines up opposite 6-foot-8 Hurricanes defensive end Calais Campbell. Campbell, a junior, had 10 1/2 sacks last season.
INJURY WATCH:

Hurricanes

DT Josh Holmes and CB Glenn Sharpe both have been ruled out of the Oklahoma game because of undisclosed injuries.
WR Sam Shields, suspended for the opener, will play against the Sooners. He is listed third on the pregame depth chart, but considering the lack of production the Hurricanes got out of their wideouts, Shields is likely to see early playing time.
FB Jerrell Mabry, considered a valuable blocker, is "50-50" to play against the Sooners because of an undisclosed injury.

Sooners

RB Allen Patrick — The senior is expected to play this week after missing the season opener and a few weeks of practice with a sprained ankle. Last season, he gained 761 yards in less than half a season as the primary ball carrier.
RB Chris Brown — Brown returns after serving a one-game suspension. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry and scored six touchdowns as a freshman last season.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2007, 11:35 PM
16? No friggin' respect!

ouflak
9/8/2007, 09:10 AM
Are they taking bets?

jrsooner
9/8/2007, 09:31 AM
Has anyone picked Miami yet for this game? (besides the shecane fans) This is one of the 2 games this year that has me worried, but then again in the 80s I thought we'd school them also. Must be a delayed reaction or something.

stoopified
9/8/2007, 09:34 AM
I'll take it.

Soonermagik
9/8/2007, 09:35 AM
That prediction means nothing to me. We have been favored big against teams before only to lose. I do feel we will win the game, but I'm not cocky by any means.

SoonerBOI
9/11/2007, 04:14 PM
covered and fixed. 51-13:D