PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ankiel

Collier11
9/7/2007, 12:03 PM
No one here has done it yet to my knowledge, but let me just say this before anyone goes accusing him of being a cheater...(cue scott d) :)

HGH wasnt banned in baseball until 05', Ankiel had is prescribed LEGALLY by a doctor to help with arm injuries in 04 while he was still trying to pitch. This guy isnt Mcgwire so please dont act like it unless something else comes out!

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 01:10 PM
I think there will be more to the story.

I know this looks bad. But I'm still intrigued by a former pitcher playing a mean outfield and hitting 9 souvenirs in less than 2 months or so. It's still a good story for me.

I know, HGH is bad and wrong and it abused, but I'm still routing for this kid to play well.

Scott D
9/7/2007, 02:25 PM
No one here has done it yet to my knowledge, but let me just say this before anyone goes accusing him of being a cheater...(cue scott d) :)

HGH wasnt banned in baseball until 05', Ankiel had is prescribed LEGALLY by a doctor to help with arm injuries in 04 while he was still trying to pitch. This guy isnt Mcgwire so please dont act like it unless something else comes out!

wtf....I wouldn't accuse this kid of being anything like Redheaded Popeye injuryfest shrunken nads with a fat kid cheater.

I have no problem with anyone who was prescribed hgh for legitimate injuries and their recovery process. That's like hating on a kid who gets prescribed steroids for a massive dry skin/acne problem.

Collier11
9/7/2007, 02:36 PM
Im just messing with you, with you always being the first to respond to my statements and all ;)

r5TPsooner
9/7/2007, 03:31 PM
He'll probably receive some sort of suspension. Too bad really, his comeback had been positive for MLB this season.

Collier11
9/7/2007, 03:47 PM
he cant be suspended for taking something that was legal at the time

starrca23
9/7/2007, 04:02 PM
First I must admit that i am a Cards fans, so i know that my viewpoint is tainted but...
This is totally different from the McGuire thing. I must be a little naive. What is the difference between taking HGH for injuries and taking an antibiotic to get over the flu?

Collier11
9/7/2007, 04:06 PM
im with ya starrca, im a little bit one sided since I am a cards fan but I dont see this as a big deal UNLESS he was taking it post 04

r5TPsooner
9/7/2007, 04:13 PM
I agree but MLB will nail him for something in the end.

Collier11
9/7/2007, 04:20 PM
Do you know how powerful the players union is? If there is no proof that he took it after the ban in 05, they are powerless!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/7/2007, 10:41 PM
I hate the Cards, but the way he's been hitting why did they wait so long to bring him up?