PDA

View Full Version : Those wacky guys from Hinder

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 11:03 AM
what large sack of ****** these guys are.

Five questions with Mike Rodden, bassist for the hard-rocking Hinder
September 6, 2007

Q: Have you recovered yet from Jack Ingram's country cover of "Lips of an Angel"?

A: We still play that every night. That's one of the songs that most of the people are waiting to hear, and we're not going to not play it because it got butchered. It's actually funny. We were doing an acoustic thing in Nashville, I think it was, and the bar that we were doing it in had an open window to the street. And a guy walked by and said that Jack Ingram does "Lips of an Angel" better than us. A lot of people that we run into think that we covered his song, which is weird. I don't get it. We don't love his version, but it's kind of flattering that somebody would want to cover your song.

royalfan5
9/7/2007, 11:08 AM
I don't understand how and why these people are popular. and why one of you folks haven't cut them already.

NormanPride
9/7/2007, 11:16 AM
I think he cut out the part where the guy told him that prostitution was illegal as well.

OSUAggie
9/7/2007, 11:17 AM
Who listens to Hinder?

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 11:21 AM
I think LilSooner does.

;)

Seriously, other than 14 y/o girls, I don't think anyone does.

royalfan5
9/7/2007, 11:25 AM
I think LilSooner does.

;)

Two of my old roommates thought Hinder was the best ****ing thing since sliced bread, and so did some of their friends. So I would add 23 year old Wal-Mart employees to that list as well.

Osce0la
9/7/2007, 12:35 PM
A: We still play that every night. That's one of the songs that most of the people are waiting to hear, and we're not going to not play it because it got butchered.
Note to Hinder: You guys butchered that song when you actually put it on a disc and released it for all the world to hear...everything I have heard from Hinder so far SUCCS

Petro-Sooner
9/7/2007, 12:35 PM
I have a buddy I went to school with that loved lips of an angel. When ever it would come on he would ask whom ever to turn it up. I secretly laughed may *** off at him.

rufnek05
9/7/2007, 12:39 PM
they are not good. they are really bad.

Rhino
9/7/2007, 12:40 PM
I have chronicled some of Hinder's douchiness here (http://www.oklahomarock.com/blog/?cat=76).

OU4LIFE
9/7/2007, 12:54 PM
sad moment of the week, at the Def Leppard concert, the announcer came out before it started and mentioned that OKC's own Hinder would be there at some such and such concert....everyone cheered.

I don't hate them, but I don't feel the love either.

OSUAggie
9/7/2007, 01:00 PM
Labeling "Lips of an Angel" a power ballad is a disgrace to power ballads.

OU4LIFE
9/7/2007, 01:01 PM
much like labeling Okie Lite as 'the most powerful offense in the world' is a disgrace to powerful offenses.

silverwheels
9/7/2007, 01:02 PM
Labeling Hinder as "music" is a disgrace to music.

Pricetag
9/7/2007, 01:03 PM
Hinder inhales fiercely, but anyone who covers a recent hit is worthless.

OSUAggie
9/7/2007, 01:04 PM
Throwing up anything above par at Cimarron is a disgrace to humanity.

OU4LIFE
9/7/2007, 01:08 PM
so you're saying you agree.

current HC index = +0.3

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 01:12 PM
Pricetag. While I agree with you to a point, I think it's different in this case as they are different formats. I don't know if I had ever heard Lips until Jack Ingram did it.

I still hate the song but I think it did exactly what Jack wanted it to do for him.

LilSooner
9/7/2007, 01:12 PM
I think LilSooner does.

;)

You go to hell! You go to hell and you DIE!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That being said my hubby took me out not to long ago to this fancy resturant in OKC and one of the Hinder *********s and his whore sat down at the table next to us. I didn't know it was him at first but was more annyoned that this resturant was ****ing empty and this ****** and his skanky ******tte came and ruied our dinner.

It wasn't 5 minuets later that the waiter came over to them and moved them away because it said on their reservation that they wanted a quite table.

They were such freaking ****** bags. Oh and the dude was drinking this gay cherry limeade martini He is totally gay.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 01:13 PM
You go to hell! You go to hell and you DIE!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That being said my hubby took me out not to long ago to this fancy resturant in OKC and one of the Hinder *********s and his whore sat down at the table next to us. I didn't know it was him at first but was more annyoned that this resturant was ****ing empty and this ****** and his skanky ******tte came and ruied our dinner.

It wasn't 5 minuets later that the waiter came over to them and moved them away because it said on their reservation that they wanted a quite table.

They were such freaking ****** bags. Oh and the dude was drinking this gay cherry limeade martini He is totally gay.

Are you talking about Hairy or Hinder? I'm confused.

Pricetag
9/7/2007, 01:16 PM
Pricetag. While I agree with you to a point, I think it's different in this case as they are different formats. I don't know if I had ever heard Lips until Jack Ingram did it.

I still hate the song but I think it did exactly what Jack wanted it to do for him.
Switching formats is even worse, IMO. It's been done (especially between pop and country, which are so close now that there's practically no difference) to the point that it's cliche, an attempt to appear creative without actually doing anything creative.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 01:21 PM
I'm fairly certain that it was not cut by Jack Ingram in order to appear creative.

Is Johnny Cash worthless for covering the 9 Inch Nails song, Hurt?

Pricetag
9/7/2007, 01:25 PM
I'm fairly certain that it was not cut by Jack Ingram in order to appear creative.

Is Johnny Cash worthless for covering the 9 Inch Nails song, Hurt?
People like Johnny Cash are untouchable--they can do what they want. Ingram is no Cash.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 01:29 PM
I was just trying to get you to clarify your statement.

I really didn't think you really had a problem with switching formats, just a problem with who switches formats.

royalfan5
9/7/2007, 01:34 PM
Let's all just hope Jack sticks to Radney Foster and Trent Summar songs from now on, and then everyone can be happy.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 01:36 PM
I like the Jack Ingram songs too :D

royalfan5
9/7/2007, 01:40 PM
I like the Jack Ingram songs too :D
Apparently they won't let those get played on the radio though.

OklaPony
9/7/2007, 01:41 PM
People like Johnny Cash are untouchable--they can do what they want. Ingram is no Cash.
Neither is anybody else, for that matter.

I'd never heard the song before Jack did it either. No surprise really since I rarely listen to local (OKC) pop radio. I've heard the Hinder version a few times now and definitely like Jack's version better... it just seems to have a better feel to it. I think it sucks for the guy from Hinder to dis the whole thing, I know Jack gives 'em a nice compliment before he plays it live, or at least he did the last 2 times I saw him.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 01:44 PM
Here's the deal. That song sucks. It doesn't matter if Hinder is playing it live, if it's the cd version or if Jack Ingram is singing it. It's a complete and total piece of ****. Thank you.

Pricetag
9/7/2007, 01:52 PM
I was just trying to get you to clarify your statement.

I really didn't think you really had a problem with switching formats, just a problem with who switches formats.
I just think if someone is going to cover a song, especially if they're going to release it as a single, they had better make it their own. The Ingram version of "Lips" sounds like it was run through Google Music Translator--everything is exactly as you'd predict.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 02:15 PM
I just think if someone is going to cover a song, especially if they're going to release it as a single, they had better make it their own. The Ingram version of "Lips" sounds like it was run through Google Music Translator--everything is exactly as you'd predict.

I agree with you 100%.

I think Jack did it just to get his name out there. He knew all of the 14 y/o Hinder fans would light up the internet dogging him out. He also thought a few folks would like it and the other radio friendly songs that are getting air time, go out and buy his new CD and then unwittingly stumble upon the songs he wrote and Radney Foster wrote that are on there that blow the radio friendly songs out of the water.

Tailwind
9/7/2007, 02:44 PM
I am overjoyed to report that I have no freakin idea what you guys are talking about.:D

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 02:50 PM
Me neither!!!!

Jerk
9/7/2007, 04:27 PM
Between Hinder, Finger 11, and Nickelback, I'm getting really damned proficient at turning the channel.

The station is switched by the time they hit the second note.

King Crimson
9/7/2007, 04:36 PM
i have to confess for all the talk i'd never actually heard Hinder. i just watched about 45 seconds of Lips like an Angel on youtube.

barf. if Hinder were a dinosaur, they would be lame-o-saurus rex.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 04:45 PM
you leave nickleback outta this!

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 08:08 PM
1tc should be their roadie, seeing as how they also have bladder control issues

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 08:39 PM
I don't wet the bed. thankyouverymuch. :D

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 08:47 PM
True, but you could train them how to stand up and **** in the corner, that way the bed stays dry...

Scott D
9/7/2007, 08:57 PM
At least the drummer admitted to being a catcher ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2007, 08:59 PM
Ewwww.

Jerk
9/7/2007, 09:07 PM
Are yall talking about his 'new years resolution'? (bottom of Rhino's page)

Yeah...when you say that and don't specify whether you want male or female, I think that means male.

Right?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2007, 09:10 PM
He likes weiners.

In his butt.

Ewwww.

Scott D
9/7/2007, 09:18 PM
Are yall talking about his 'new years resolution'? (bottom of Rhino's page)

Yeah...when you say that and don't specify whether you want male or female, I think that means male.

Right?

when you are in Hinder and you say that, it means male ;)

he's probably got a crush on Lance Bass or something.

Jerk
9/7/2007, 09:20 PM
when you are in Hinder and you say that, it means male ;)

he's probably got a crush on Lance Bass or something.

"So go home...and get boned"