PDA

View Full Version : Miami players confident....

soonermarkus
9/7/2007, 10:00 AM
This is from an ESPN.com article....

Some Miami players aren't having any problem with their confidence. Asked this week what kind of statement Miami would make by beating Oklahoma, senior guard Derrick Morse responded, "I think it's going to be a huge statement when we win."

Sooner in Tampa
9/7/2007, 10:05 AM
I would expect nothing less...from any player. If you don't think you can win you, you don't have a chance in hell.

rondog79
9/7/2007, 10:06 AM
well i hope they feel that way its going to be better when we crush them and seing them on the sidelines crying. were gonna send them back feeling like the sooners whipped them with some canes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 10:15 AM
I would expect nothing less...from any player. If you don't think you can win you, you don't have a chance in hell.

Yes, but there's a difference between thinking you can win and being delusional. When you think you can win, you say "I think we can win". To utter the statement "when we win" when facing a superior opponent is delusional, not to mention arrogant.

TopDawg
9/7/2007, 10:18 AM
This reminds me a lot of what I heard before the Fiesta Bowl.

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 10:19 AM
It just makes it better when their spirit gets broken. Admit it or not, these guys are now used to losing...OU players are not used to losing at home.

nBoSTP
9/7/2007, 10:36 AM
Basically Miami says the same **** every year. All they are is a bunch of Front running *******s. As long as they have the lead and a little confidence then they can run it up on you. It's usually when they get behind and things get tough they disappear and start bitching at each other and coaches. So I hope OU gets on top early and stays there.

MiccoMacey
9/7/2007, 11:50 AM
That has more to do with the atmosphere that the coach projects than anything.

I don't think Shannon is going to allow that to happen.

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 12:06 PM
Miami should be confident. They are 10-9 in their last 19 games and are 0-5 against ranked teams on the road or on neutral sites in their last 5 meetings.

fadada1
9/7/2007, 12:12 PM
This reminds me a lot of what I heard before the Fiesta Bowl.
killjoy.

;)

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 12:16 PM
I just read in the Norman Transcript that OU has gone 1 on 1's this week in practice cause Miami runs a very similar system. Plus, asked about first year OC Patrick Nix, who was at Georgia Tech last year, Stoops calmly said they have watched every GT game from last year.

23 hours and counting...

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 12:56 PM
I thought this segment from Tulsa World was hilarious in a couple of different ways:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/article.aspx?articleID=070907_2_B1_hSwit66636

"Johnson recounted the Hurricanes' last visit to Norman in 1985, when he finally beat Switzer's Sooners 27-14.

"I was scared to death because I'd been at Oklahoma State and Barry had thumped me pretty good," Johnson said. "I told somebody the other day I went to Norman with a BB gun with Oklahoma State, and then when I went up there with Miami, I went up there with a .357 magnum."

Aikman, who broke his leg that game and transferred to UCLA, couldn't resist:

"Some of your players did, too, coach."

Vic n Tulsa
9/7/2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, but there's a difference between thinking you can win and being delusional. When you think you can win, you say "I think we can win". To utter the statement "when we win" when facing a superior opponent is delusional, not to mention arrogant.

Just like you felt during the last TWO RRS games right????:texan:

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 01:27 PM
Just like you felt during the last TWO RRS games right????:texan:

Show me a quote where an OU player said "when we win" in the last two RRS, then you'll have an argument.

Vic n Tulsa
9/7/2007, 03:22 PM
Show me a quote where an OU player said "when we win" in the last two RRS, then you'll have an argument.

I was referring to comments made by the "experts" on this board during the last 2 RRS games. It'll be interesting to see if any OU players can resist the temptation to say something similar this year after they beat Miami and Texas trips over the froggies.:texan:

stoopified
9/7/2007, 03:42 PM
I was referring to comments made by the "experts" on this board during the last 2 RRS games. It'll be interesting to see if any OU players can resist the temptation to say something similar this year after they beat Miami and Texas trips over the froggies.:texan:
fAN ARROGANCE AND PLAYER ARROGANCE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.We as supporters get carried away,hence we are called FANS which is short for fanatics.Can you fathom the difference?

sooner2b09
9/7/2007, 04:02 PM
Miami should be confident. They are 10-9 in their last 19 games and are 0-5 against ranked teams on the road or on neutral sites in their last 5 meetings.

Oh but you are forgetting that they are now under mastermind Randy Shannon and that was under Coker, Shannon is turning that program around and this is the start of their dominance :rolleyes:

Landthief 1972
9/7/2007, 04:13 PM
Miami players confident....

...they can pick a lock in under 5 seconds while spraying graffiti on a rail car.

fadada1
9/7/2007, 04:47 PM
Miami players confident....

...they can pick a lock in under 5 seconds while spraying graffiti on a rail car.
you're confusing confidence with talent.

Scott D
9/7/2007, 04:51 PM
well i hope they feel that way its going to be better when we crush them and seing them on the sidelines crying. were gonna send them back feeling like the sooners whipped them with some canes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt their sideline will be filled with XLK

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, definitely. But there's something about being humble. See: Sam Bradford.

BigHouseDon
9/7/2007, 05:00 PM
Heres to you guys handing them their a$$e$. (Hoisting a beer) I like Sooners already, this week they are among my favorite teams. :D Stomp a mudhole in those overblown windbags.

BHD

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 05:08 PM
Heres to you guys handing them their a$$e$. (Hoisting a beer) I like Sooners already, this week they are among my favorite teams. :D Stomp a mudhole in those overblown windbags.

BHD

Wow...a Michigan fan! Surprised those guys are out of hibernation this week.

soonersn2007
9/7/2007, 05:22 PM
I think Shannon is going to encourage that rash beligerent behavior, he did it.....so his players will now.

BigHouseDon
9/7/2007, 07:07 PM
Wow...a Michigan fan! Surprised those guys are out of hibernation this week.

Well, to tell you the truth it has been a pretty tough week. Hence the beer hoisting:D

BHD

soonersweetie
9/7/2007, 08:23 PM
We happened to run into a few pompous a** miami fans on our flight from Phoenix to OKC today. One, who had the looks of a huge orange beached whale, happened to sit next to me, why he felt compelled I'll never know. Anyway, all he could say was can someone check on that tropical storm named Shannon headed to Norman tomorrow? I just puked. I responded, yes, could someone please check? As I recall Stoops does quite well against his opponents in the rain. He was so sleazy and obnoxious.

What was weird was there were many OU fans on the flight and a few Miami and the flight attendant had the nerve to say Gig 'em at the beginning of the flight, so my hubby yelled Boomer and got a resounding Sooner. Then as she went through the normal safety measures and when she got to the oxygen mask part she said everyone help those next to you, except those wearing OU hats. Of course, that just instigated the miami fans to act more obnoxious. Boy that was a long flight and will be more than worth it when we kick their butt tomorrow.

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 10:15 PM
"I was scared to death because I'd been at Oklahoma State and Barry had thumped me pretty good," Johnson said. "I told somebody the other day I went to Norman with a BB gun with Oklahoma State, and then when I went up there with Miami, I went up there with a .357 magnum."

Aikman, who broke his leg that game and transferred to UCLA, couldn't resist:

"Some of your players did, too, coach."

Before I even finished reading the quote, I thought of the exact same thing Troy did. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2007, 11:44 PM
Good to hear there will be some cocaine fans at the game...I can't wait to see what a stunned hurricane looks like.

I've seen lots of idiot humans with tweaked out eyes in my time, but the eye of a hurricane skittering around like a cat with foil on it's feet oughtta be quite a sight.

Zing
9/8/2007, 01:18 AM
I can't wait to see what a stunned hurricane looks like.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2593/hurricaneis4.png

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2007, 01:42 AM
LMAO

jrboomersooner
9/8/2007, 01:52 AM
am i the only one that thought that was a kidney stone?

soonerboomer93
9/8/2007, 02:04 AM
Well, to tell you the truth it has been a pretty tough week. Hence the beer hoisting:D

BHD

can't be that rough if you're only on beer

unless it's sober up time for the saturday game...

Dio
9/8/2007, 06:47 AM
We happened to run into a few pompous a** miami fans on our flight from Phoenix to OKC today. One, who had the looks of a huge orange beached whale, happened to sit next to me, why he felt compelled I'll never know. Anyway, all he could say was can someone check on that tropical storm named Shannon headed to Norman tomorrow? I just puked. I responded, yes, could someone please check? As I recall Stoops does quite well against his opponents in the rain. He was so sleazy and obnoxious.

What was weird was there were many OU fans on the flight and a few Miami and the flight attendant had the nerve to say Gig 'em at the beginning of the flight, so my hubby yelled Boomer and got a resounding Sooner. Then as she went through the normal safety measures and when she got to the oxygen mask part she said everyone help those next to you, except those wearing OU hats. Of course, that just instigated the miami fans to act more obnoxious. Boy that was a long flight and will be more than worth it when we kick their butt tomorrow.

Did you tell her "77-0"?

jrsooner
9/8/2007, 06:58 AM
Wow...a Michigan fan! Surprised those guys are out of hibernation this week.Hope the team is out of hibernation. I want to see them put the smack down on Oregon this week.

cheezyq
9/8/2007, 09:48 AM
I was referring to comments made by the "experts" on this board during the last 2 RRS games.

Then why did you quote ME when making your statement? It was a Miami playa that said "when we win", and that's what I pointed out. Fans, especially ones on message boards, say all kinds of stupid things. There's no need to point that out.

BigHouseDon
9/8/2007, 10:54 AM
can't be that rough if you're only on beer

unless it's sober up time for the saturday game...

Ya got to know your limitations, anything stronger than beer and its "instant a$$hole" time, and belligerent to boot. Sorta like a domer or a cocaine fan. So I drink a few beers and I'm a happy drunk.;) the exception being last saturday...I was close to buying a new big screen w/o anything stronger than beer.:mad: ...still ****ed about that....

Hope the team shows up today, don't much like ducks. Big 10 refs aren't much better than Pac 10 refs either...it could be a long day.

BHD

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/8/2007, 03:50 PM

Some Miami players aren't having any problem with their confidence. Asked this week what kind of statement Miami would make by beating Oklahoma, senior guard Derrick Morse responded, "I think it's going to be a huge statement when we win."

I love those huge statements!!!! :D

The Maestro
9/8/2007, 03:52 PM
I love those huge statements!!!! :D

Great re-post! Best Sooner female fan...EVER!! ;)

Piware
9/8/2007, 03:58 PM

Mouth = Big
A** = Overloaded