PDA

View Full Version : Any of you Time Travelers or Dream Interpreters

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:05 AM
1. Assume that Time travel is possible
2. Assume that I'm not insane or infected with rabies

I had an odd dream about time travel that involved the question of whether you change your past and if you change your past, what happens to you in the present.

Big question among the time traveling counsel in my dream (Me, Grover Cleveland, Mary Mallon, Lyle Alzado, and Grace Kelly) was this: if we could somehow kill our parents, meaning we would have no beginning, then we'd have no end... would you? If we had no beginning or end... we'd be immortal.

Forget about Connor and Duncan MacLeod and that dreadful Scott Bacula. Would you kill your parent for a taste of immortality?

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 09:07 AM
your a sick puppy

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:08 AM
your a sick puppy

Believe me, I'm not the first person to come up with this.

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 09:09 AM
a bunch of sick puppies

The
9/7/2007, 09:10 AM
What did Lyle Alzado have to say about it?

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 09:10 AM
I can assume # 1
# 2 is preposterous :eek:

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 09:12 AM
a bunch of sick puppies
Tow sack and Bridge time aint it ?

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 09:12 AM
Tow sack and Bridge time aint it ?
I think so. with a long drop

The
9/7/2007, 09:13 AM
This bucket ain't gonna empty itself...

Howzit
9/7/2007, 09:14 AM
One question...was this when Grace Kelly was still really really hot?

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:17 AM
Lyle Alzado was really a nice guy... I think the guy that was in the fellowship of the dream was pre-steroids so he had all of his cognative capacity. Having said that, he was the first to offer to 'off' his mom. I think he evenhad some impure thoughts but I won't go into that.

As far as Grace Kelly... she never looks bad. Still smokin hot hot hot

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:19 AM
This bucket ain't gonna empty itself...

Ain't that the truth

sooner_born_1960
You'd have your immortality alright. In hell.

Mjcpr
I always knew one of our 'tards would unlock the secret to time travel in one of his perverted, wet dreams.

But I figured it would be Ike. Or Howzit.

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:24 AM
I always knew one of our 'tards would unlock the secret to time travel in one of his perverted, wet dreams.

But I figured it would be Ike. Or Howzit.

Actually the guy that unlocked the secret of time travel had/has/will-always-have rabies. It's a weird connection but it makes sense once you know the rest of the story.

The
9/7/2007, 09:25 AM
Rabies is the Continuum Virus.

Mjcpr
9/7/2007, 09:25 AM
Actually the guy that unlocked the secret of time travel had/has/will-always-have rabies. It's a weird connection but it makes sense once you know the rest of the story.

Does it in any way involve Gold Medal flour?

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 09:27 AM
Does it in any way involve Gold Medal flour?

No but lots and lots of painted eggs and the tooth fairy

rufnek05
9/7/2007, 10:36 AM
and i thought i had weird dreams.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2007, 11:24 AM
You know what I've always thought that going back in time would be like? The spokes of a wagon wheel.

I think if you could go back in time then you wouldn't be able to travel back to your normal future. Because once you go back in time and make even the most minor change then you create a whole new historical line. I don't think it would matter a hill of beans if you went back in time and killed your parents because the "you" that would do that would be from a different historical line.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 11:45 AM
The theory goes something like this... if time has a beginning then it logically must have an end. So if you could find a way to eliminate the beginning while you've already been created... then would that eliminate the end point as well. You would no longer be held to a linear time plane with a fixed beginning working toward a certain end. You remove the beginning and you just continue forever.

Sure, messing with the past would probably alter the future. (not like the Marty McFly theory) but if you messed with teh past and went back to the present, whatever present you had would be alright because you're immortal. As least under the theory.

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 11:59 AM
The thought of offing your parents just so you can live for ever is just weird and wrong. And for who ever negged without signing it is low. I dont care who Steven Hawking is. just weird theory to me. Some body was stoned to come up with that.

crawfish
9/7/2007, 12:28 PM
Here's a question, assuming #1:

If I could travel back a few years and have sex with myself, would that be considered gay or masturbation?

IB4OU2
9/7/2007, 12:41 PM
Here's a question, assuming #1:

If I could travel back a few years and have sex with myself, would that be considered gay or masturbation?

I don't know. Ask Siccum.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2007, 12:52 PM
I don't know. Ask Siccum.
Don't ask me. I'd turn myself down.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 01:00 PM
The theory goes something like this... if time has a beginning then it logically must have an end. So if you could find a way to eliminate the beginning while you've already been created... then would that eliminate the end point as well. You would no longer be held to a linear time plane with a fixed beginning working toward a certain end. You remove the beginning and you just continue forever.

Sure, messing with the past would probably alter the future. (not like the Marty McFly theory) but if you messed with teh past and went back to the present, whatever present you had would be alright because you're immortal. As least under the theory.

Isn't time travel itself enough to eliminate the linear time plane you speak of?

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 01:05 PM
Isn't time travel itself enough to eliminate the linear time plane you speak of?

How does time travel itself transform a mortal person into an immortal person that has no birthday or date of death? I'm not saying it doesn't or it does.

Sure, you can travel to a point before your birth or beyond your death... but you, the time traveler will have a fixed time of birth and likely a time of death.

If you eliminate the date of birth (and as the theory goes the date of death) then you've achieved immortality.

:twinkies:

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 01:08 PM
I think you'd probably just wink out of existence when you killed either parent. You'd drop like Obi Wan in Ep. 4.

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 01:11 PM
I think you'd probably just wink out of existence when you killed either parent. You'd drop like Obi Wan in Ep. 4.

That is a popular theory.

The
9/7/2007, 01:15 PM
That is a popular theory.

I think the hat rack theory is more accurate in this case.

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 01:17 PM
I miss the hat rack

The
9/7/2007, 01:19 PM
HR was contacted on the JV

mwmcl
9/7/2007, 01:26 PM
observed and noted. rogerROGER

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 01:30 PM
OK, i will throw this out there for everybody. Instead of offing your parents, why not go back and heavily sedate them while they sleep. Put on a alien costume and give you dad a vasectomy.

As long as the mail man, not involved :eek:

silverwheels
9/7/2007, 01:43 PM
Time travel does exist.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2007, 01:46 PM
Time travel does exist.
That's true. You can only go to the future though, and slowly at that.

OUHOMER
9/7/2007, 01:47 PM
Time travel does exist.

LINK:D

silverwheels
9/7/2007, 01:50 PM
Like SicEm said, we're traveling through time right now.

Or it could be like Futurama when Fry traveled back in time, accidentally killed his grandfather, then slept with his grandmother. She conceived his dad and he became his own grandfather.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2007, 09:14 PM
And the proof is in the paper! (http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com)

Rogue
9/7/2007, 09:16 PM
Dream interp: A bisexual Oedipal/Electral workout. Not nearly as intellectual as it's being treated here. Carry on.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2007, 09:18 PM
Ewwww.

Bisexual Oedipal?

Ewwwww.

OUinFLA
9/7/2007, 09:54 PM
I dunno, but in my dreams of time travel back to the past, I find myself dreaming more about taking up Mary Jane's proposition in the 8th grade, rather than getting all embarassed and flustered and running away.

in dreams of traveling in the opposite direction, it's similar, but envolves Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2007, 10:50 PM
I don't dream, I just have REM.

pb4ou
9/8/2007, 12:58 AM
Personally, I don't think God will allow us to eventually time travel. Mankind is corrupt enough as it is.

Vaevictis
9/8/2007, 01:17 AM
Would you kill your parent for a taste of immortality?

Hell no. I don't want to live forever to begin with, much less at the cost of having to kill a parent.

That's true. You can only go to the future though, and slowly at that.

Actually, IIRC, I saw a published paper awhile ago where they showed that it's theoretically possible to travel backwards under certain conditions in the presence of a specifically designed object, but only back to the point where the object was created.

Rogue
9/8/2007, 07:02 AM
Mmmmm. Grace Kelly.

Why not just "off" a great great great great great something or other? One of those that died horribly and slowly.

soonerinabilene
9/8/2007, 10:08 AM
flux compacetor + magic phonebooth would be one kick a$$ time machine. and movie. Thats about all I know of time travel. That, plus if machines in the future are so smart, why did they only send one at a time to take out john conner. 2 at a time doubles your chances of being successful.