PDA

View Full Version : Check this OUt... seriously!!!!!1111!1

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 12:33 AM
Rules of College Football Fandom (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=rules/070905)

Now that's what I call a good sense of humor. :texan:

47. Always assume that your league rivals are cheating. Always assume your school's great kids epitomize throwback student-athletes, with footballs under one arm and textbooks under the other.

... man, where have I heard that one before? :rolleyes:

sooner518
9/7/2007, 01:05 AM
8. If a team from your conference makes the BCS title game and is a sworn rival, you cannot root for that team. Not now. Not ever. Not even if under duress, gunpoint or waterboarding in an Eastern European black site CIA detention center.

I think he would make an exception when your 47 game win streak is possibly in jeopardy.

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 01:29 AM
A rival is a rival is a rival. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I can possibly stomach anymore puke orange after the Rose Bowl 2006. I do think that USC's 2006 season would have been MUCH different if they were going on winning 47 games last year. Don't really think UCLA and Oregon State would have "pounded Booty" (:D) if that was on the line. At the end of the day, USC was getting dangerously close and Texas still had :mack: as their coach, with VY almost out the door.

That may be the one exception, though when you think about it.

tommieharris91
9/7/2007, 01:35 AM
I think he would make an exception when your 47 game win streak is possibly in jeopardy.

Had USC beaten Texas in the Rose Bowl, they would have had to go undefeated and win the NC game the next season to seriously threaten it.

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 01:43 AM
Had USC beaten Texas in the Rose Bowl, they would have had to go undefeated and win the NC game the next season to seriously threaten it.

It's a whole different ballgame last season if they were riding a streak. They wouldn't have been as likely to choke like they did. I for one don't give a shart about USC or Texass outside of the RRS. I didn't want OUr record even mentioned in the same sentence as SUC anymore.

tommieharris91
9/7/2007, 01:44 AM
46a. Note: Please remove the "1985 Orange Bowl champs" sticker immediately.

Please don't. Buy new ones if you can. BTW, you can gloat over NCs for 25 years. It's year 22 for this one.

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 02:12 AM
48. If you root for an SEC school, you are not allowed to act sanctimonious when a rival conference program is busted for academic fraud, dirty recruiting or any other NCAA rules violation. Instead, give thanks for your see-no-evil compliance department.

48a. You are, however, allowed to snicker.

48b. You may also file a FOIA request.

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 02:13 AM
56. You are allowed one e-mail per season to a media outlet – local or national – bitterly complaining about the lack of respect for your school and the obvious media bias against your conference.

56a. More than one such e-mail makes you a paranoid crybaby.

56b. If you're a Pac-10 fan, just shut up already.

57. Do not call the opposing punter a wuss from the safety of the stands. He's probably tougher than you are. And if he's from Northern Colorado, he might have to cut you.

57a. Besides, throwing a ziplock bag of urine works much better.

Paperclip
9/7/2007, 10:23 AM
Please don't. Buy new ones if you can. BTW, you can gloat over NCs for 25 years. It's year 22 for this one.

That's directed at Washington. :)

Fraggle145
9/7/2007, 10:37 AM
39. Anyone who calls Division I-AA by the new name "Division I Football Championship Subdivision" must receive one punch directly to the throat.

heh.

TMcGee86
9/7/2007, 12:03 PM
5. You may not bet against your favorite team unless you're: (a) trying to purge it of a rotten coach; (b) in Vegas and about to sell bodily fluids or organs to cover your previous losses (thanks, Michigan!); (c) looking at a huge spread and you think your team will win but not cover, probably 'cause its coached by Phil Fulmer.

Heh.

TMcGee86
9/7/2007, 12:04 PM
9. You are allowed to root freely against the following schools for no specific reasons: Notre Dame; Notre Dame in their puke-green jerseys; Notre Dame when playing on "Triumph of the Will"-shaming propaganda house organ NBC; USC; any school that plays its fight song approximately 4,387 times per game like USC; Michigan; Miami; Ohio State; any school like Ohio State with a pretentious "the" in front of its name, because otherwise how would we know which Ohio State university they were talking about?; any school coached by Steve Spurrier; any school coached by Nick Saban.

Amen!

tommieharris91
9/7/2007, 01:40 PM
ESPN left out OU!!! BIAS!!!! FAVORITISM!!!