PDA

View Full Version : I call fowl

Doged
9/6/2007, 11:33 PM
It's about MU's mascot.. that Sebastian critter.

They tell me that's an ibis.

That ain't no ibis. That's a d*mn duck.

It looks like a duck and is dressed like a cartoon duck. How long have those MU'ers been selling suckers everywhere that the duck ain't a duck, it's an ibis? And what's a duck (or an ibis, for that matter) have to do with a hurricane? If you wanna' use a duck to represent a hurricane shouldn't it be a somewhat smooshed, half-plucked duck? No duck's gonna' come through a hurricane looking like Donald's half-wit little nephew. He's gonna' look like crap after being thrown all over the place, struck by lightening and pounded by rain and hail.

Well, anyway. That ain't no ibis... it's a duck.

After last year, I don't much like ducks.

Just sayin'.

Scotty
9/7/2007, 12:12 AM
why do you hate ducks?

Piware
9/7/2007, 12:17 AM
It's about MU's mascot.. that Sebastian critter.

They tell me that's an ibis.

That ain't no ibis. That's a d*mn duck.

It looks like a duck and is dressed like a cartoon duck. How long have those MU'ers been selling suckers everywhere that the duck ain't a duck, it's an ibis? And what's a duck (or an ibis, for that matter) have to do with a hurricane? If you wanna' use a duck to represent a hurricane shouldn't it be a somewhat smooshed, half-plucked duck? No duck's gonna' come through a hurricane looking like Donald's half-wit little nephew. He's gonna' look like crap after being thrown all over the place, struck by lightening and pounded by rain and hail.

Well, anyway. That ain't no ibis... it's a duck.

After last year, I don't much like ducks.

Just sayin'.

Heh! You didn't get the memo. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's an ibis.

If it's a real duck it has PAC 10 officials. :P

MR2-Sooner86
9/7/2007, 01:05 AM
Speaking of the Ducks Miami just named a new head coach for this weekend to turn the tide against the Sooners...

http://ducks.jp.land.to/emilio3.jpg

Zing
9/7/2007, 02:02 AM
I will not quack at the principal.

option
9/7/2007, 07:11 AM
the ibis is the last form of wildlife to take shelter prior to a hurricane and the first to reappear after the storm passes.

option
9/7/2007, 07:15 AM
why do you hate ducks?

He hates ducks because of the BS call against Oregon.

I'm curious, What is a sooner?

KRYPTON
9/7/2007, 07:29 AM
"Sebastian" is a name suitable only for a bisexual stripper.

mxATVracer10
9/7/2007, 07:29 AM
Tell me where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone and I'll explain what a Sooner is ;)

aurorasooner
9/7/2007, 07:30 AM
the ibis is the last form of wildlife to take shelter prior to a hurricane and the first to reappear after the storm passes. I thought that was Anderson Cooper. http://www.jossip.com/gossip/200509_cnncooper.jpg

sanantoniosooner
9/7/2007, 07:31 AM

The opposite of a later.

option
9/7/2007, 07:46 AM
Tell me where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone and I'll explain what a Sooner is ;)

Acording to your FAQ, you should search google, and they re all bad.

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2007, 07:53 AM
Acording to your FAQ, you should search google, and they re all bad.

now if only you could find the Casey Studdard thread, the planets could re-align once again. :pop:

option
9/7/2007, 08:05 AM
now if only you could find the Casey Studdard thread, the planets could re-align once again. :pop:
Kasey Studdard

And If you mean find the original first page thats missing, I dont think thats gonna happen.

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2007, 08:14 AM
to

option
9/7/2007, 08:42 AM
to

Touché

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2007, 08:45 AM
are you going to keep it real, and beat me up now, even though this is not the OB!!! :pop:

option
9/7/2007, 08:49 AM
are you going to keep it real, and beat me up now, even though this is not the OB!!! :pop:

Not at all. The true Miami fans, not the band wagoners, are good people for the most part.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.fr.ch/mhn/divers/kenya-image/ibis.jpg

That ain't no freakin' ibis. This is a freakin' ibis.

badger
9/7/2007, 08:56 AM
Kasey Studdard

And If you mean find the original first page thats missing, I dont think thats gonna happen.
Wow, he reads the FAQ page! I can't believe our FAQ don't explain what a Sooner is...

Very well, since you only have 16 posts...

College sports fans are hard-pressed to find a nickname that is as unique and as linked to a state's history as a Sooner. The University of Oklahoma is the only school known as Sooners.

The origins of Oklahoma's nickname stretch back to the Civil War era. The Homestead Act of 1862 provided that a legal settler could claim 160 acres of public land, and those who lived on and improved the claim for five years could receive title.

"Boomers" were settlers who favored the opening of unassigned lands in the Oklahoma Territory. In 1889, President Benjamin Harrison proclaimed the Unassigned Lands open for settlement.

At high noon on April 22, 1889, legal aspirants would be able to enter the Oklahoma Territory and choose 160 acres of land. The event soon became known as the "Oklahoma Land Run" or "Land Run of 1889". Settlers from across the globe, seeking free land, made their way to Oklahoma Territory to stake their claim to a new life.

The great dramatic moment came when, at the stroke of noon, starting signals were given at the many points of entry. In some instances it was given by a blue-clad military officer firing his pistol or by his trumpeter, at times by a citizen firing his rifle in the air, or, as at Fort Reno, by the boom of a cannon. All produced the same results -- a tumultuous avalanche of wagons and horsemen surging forward all in one breathtaking instant.

April 22, 1889, was a day of chaos, excitement, and utter confusion. But it was nonetheless a significant day in national history, one that gave birth to new hope for thousands of Americans and became an iconic image in the history of the west.

One of the few rules to claiming a lot of land was that all participants were to start at the same time. Those who went too soon were called "Sooners".

As time went on, "Sooner" came to be a synonym of Progressivism. The Sooner was an "energetic individual who travels ahead of the human procession." He was prosperous, ambitious, competent, a "can-do" individual. And Oklahoma was the Sooner State, the land of opportunity, enterprise and economic expansion, very much in the Progressive spirit that engulfed the old South in the 1920s.

OU athletics teams were called Rough Riders or Boomers for 10 years before the current Sooner nickname emerged in 1908. The university actually derived the name from a pep club called 'The Sooner Rooters.'

Today, the thunderous chants of "Boomer! Sooner!" roll across the Oklahoma landscape. The success of University of Oklahoma athletics teams over the years has made the nickname synonymous with winning.

Of course, there are alternate definitions:

CHEATERS! YOU ONLY WIN BY CHEATING! You give your players free cars, free gas and your coaches free calls. Goomers.

da da DA...da da DA and it's goodbye to a&m! da da DA... da da DA... something something daaa. da da DA... da da DA. ok, I know this part, guys! GIVE EM HELL GIVE EM HELL O... U... SUX! Hehe, I know our school song!

F**king Hillbillies!

Anybody have any others?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2007, 08:58 AM

A dirt burgler.

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2007, 08:58 AM
Not at all. The true Miami fans, not the band wagoners, are good people for the most part.

okie dokie, if you say so

Doged
9/7/2007, 03:36 PM
the ibis is the last form of wildlife to take shelter prior to a hurricane and the first to reappear after the storm passes.

Oh, so "ibis" is a fancy name for "looter". Got it. Good mascot for MU, though I've never seen a looter dressed up in a duck suit (until now).

TexasSooner01
9/7/2007, 04:03 PM
Ducks are good if they are cooked properly.

Miko
9/7/2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, so "ibis" is a fancy name for "looter". Got it. Good mascot for MU, though I've never seen a looter dressed up in a duck suit (until now).

That's funny I don't car who ya are! :D

arcman46
9/7/2007, 05:20 PM
Ducks are good if they are cooked properly.

I love duck, it tastes like chicken:D

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 05:33 PM
I thought that was Anderson Cooper. http://www.jossip.com/gossip/200509_cnncooper.jpg

Why do you hate Jim Cantore?

Tiptonsooner
9/7/2007, 05:50 PM
Looks like a duck, walks like a duck...it's a hurricane.

FirstandGoal
9/7/2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/duck/image.jpg

RedstickSooner
9/7/2007, 09:54 PM
A dirt burgler.

I thought we preferred the term "land thief"?

Rogue
9/8/2007, 08:45 AM
I give this thread 5 *'s

stoopified
9/8/2007, 09:26 AM
Well ya call it an ibis if ya want,but if it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,ITS A DUCK.

sanantoniosooner
9/8/2007, 02:46 PM
I'll have the roast ibis with the mango salsa
http://awfulcommercials.com/stills/geico01.jpg

JLB
9/8/2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.fr.ch/mhn/divers/kenya-image/ibis.jpg

That ain't no freakin' ibis. This is a freakin' ibis.

This is an Ibis,this is an Ibis on crack.Any questions.

Insert Miamis mascot for the Ibis on crack statement.