PDA

View Full Version : How good is the Big12 in 2007

soonersam
9/6/2007, 08:39 PM
Cowheard made some good points on how weak the Big12 has appeared the last couple years... Besides Texas in 05 who has helped our cause?

2007 is looking good for the Big12 haters!!

KSU looked good but another - L
Baylor scoreless against LSU -L
ISU sucked - L
Mizzu needed a 102 yrd fumble return against the worst team in the Big10 - W
Texas needing the Oregon replay booth - W
Colorado in rivalry game wins by 3, but now travels to ASU - W

We need Nebraska to beat USC and go undefeated to the Big12 championship game!!!!! -L

OKLA21FAN
9/6/2007, 08:45 PM
big 12 needs to go '10-2' at the very least this week

really, 11-1 that would make a statement

AllAboutThe'O'
9/6/2007, 08:45 PM
Hey, how about some props to Kansas? The Jayhawks totally demolished Central Michigan, the reigning Mid-American Conference champs, last week.

Baylor played TCU, BTW. But the Bears still stunk it up.

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 08:47 PM
You know me, Sammy...who gives two craps about the conference? I am an OU fan.

And nice going, Louisville! Score 38 first half points...AND give up 35!

Oh, well...

soonersam
9/6/2007, 08:53 PM
You know me, Sammy...who gives two craps about the conference? I am an OU fan.

And nice going, Louisville! Score 38 first half points...AND give up 35!

Oh, well...
Agreed.. Who cares as long as OU wins, but I just dont want to get the reputation the Pac 10 cant shake. Voters still make up the biggest majority of the BCS points..... Much rather be top heavy than bottom heavy.
P.S thats no shot at your sister inlaw!!!

Will
9/6/2007, 09:32 PM
OU

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 11:32 PM
Much rather be top heavy than bottom heavy.
P.S thats no shot at your sister inlaw!!!

I knew it wasn't my Sister in Law...She's heavy on both ends!

MiccoMacey
9/7/2007, 07:29 AM
Not a real fair assessment for 2007. All those teams this year were the underdog except Texas. And they were on the road (again, except Texas). They were supposed to lose.

I see he didn't mention OSU-Georgia. Another one we lost. Some people will use that to say the SEC is that much better than the Big 12.

It'd be akin to us playing and mud-stomping Mississippi State, then saying we are the best becasue we soundly beat an SEC team.

Mac94
9/7/2007, 09:01 AM
This is a huge week for the Big-12:

Colorado @ Arizona St.
Missouri @ Ole Miss.
Nebraska @ Wake Forest
Miami @ OU
#19 TCU @ Texas

We should emerge 4-1 ... don't feel to good about the Buffs chances out in Arizona.

Otherwise, the remaing "big" OOC games are:

Florida St @ Colorado
Iowa @ Iowa St.
USC @ Nebraska
Texas A&M @ Maimi

If we could get a 2-2 split out of these four it would be good ... don't know if that'll happen though. Colorado could struggle and Iowa State is terrible. The Huskers and my Ags will be underdogs as well.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2007, 09:09 AM
If it makes anyone feel better about the close Mizzou game, the Illini are pretty gd talented this year and will be for a few more. Definately not the worst team in the Big 10 and talent wise, they are probably in the top 4 with tOSU, MU, and Penn St.

It's no secret that the B12 north division has sucked for a few years, but the south is damned strong and rotates in new contenders every year.

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 09:33 AM
<sarcasm>Yeah, the Cowherd is right :rolleyes:

I mean, Michigan looked great against App St, Louisville looked awesome against Mid Tenn St (nice D!), #18 Auburn looked great against unranked K-State, and USC looked unstoppable against Idaho.</sarcasm>

Even Va. Tech struggled, although I'd give them a pass because of off-season events.

It's a shame that ESPN radio gave the biggest boob in America his own sports talk program. But, that's what we've come to expect from ESPN.