PDA

View Full Version : Trains....they're bigger than you

Jerk
9/6/2007, 07:39 PM
http://nwitimes.videos.vmixcore.com/p/video?id=1504769

Police: Indiana Mom Attempts to Outrun Freight Train, Kills 2 Children
Thursday, September 06, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
An Indiana mom attempted to outrun a freight train at an intersection but didn't see a train approaching from the other direction and crashed, killing two of her children, police said.

Authorities released a video showing Edie Bolanos attempting to outrun an eastbound train in her minivan by cutting through a parking lot and making a quick turn.

"It seemed that she [Edie Bolanos] was so intent on beating the eastbound train, she never even saw the westbound train that hit her," Hammond Police Sgt. Michael Jorden said.

Two of Bolanos' children, Crystal, 11, and Anahi, 8, were ejected from the van and pronounced dead at the scene. The other two children in the van were in stable condition.

Click here to read the report from the Northwest Indiana Times.

"My heart goes out to the family," said Hammond Police Chief Brian Miller. "My only hope with the release of this [video] is that other people will learn a lesson, and maybe we can avoid another tragedy in the future."

The 65-second video from the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District shows Edie Bolanos turning her minivan into a parking lot, racing east and making a quick turn to get across the tracks.

Click here to read the report from the Northwest Indiana Times.

The van does not appear to slow down as it approaches the tracks, according to the video. The westbound train struck the driver's side, pushing it into the eastbound train at 9:49 a.m. Saturday.

Bolanos remained in critical condition Thursday at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago.

proud gonzo
9/6/2007, 07:48 PM
holy ****. I can't imagine what her hurry could have been to do something that ****ing retarded.

sooner_born_1960
9/6/2007, 07:51 PM
People do stupid shat all the time because they are "in a hurry".

Cam
9/6/2007, 07:52 PM
Wow, that's just sad.

proud gonzo
9/6/2007, 07:53 PM
hey, "****e" doesn't get around the filter anymore. heh.

sooner_born_1960
9/6/2007, 07:57 PM
you're quick.

sooner_born_1960
9/6/2007, 07:57 PM
does ****ely?

sooner_born_1960
9/6/2007, 07:58 PM
nope

soonerboomer93
9/6/2007, 08:25 PM
wow, I don't know which part was more sad, watching the video, or reading the people who were blaming the city/rr for not having gates up...

opksooner
9/6/2007, 08:38 PM
Everyone's a friggin' Mario Andretti. :(

Damn!

Will
9/6/2007, 10:36 PM
O my...

Will
9/6/2007, 10:37 PM
soonerboomer are you really located in S. korea

Whet
9/7/2007, 12:01 AM
First, let me explain that I commute into Chicago via a commuter train. There is a train every 20 minutes, starting at 4:30 am through the morning rush and the same in the evening - 32 trains inbound by 8:40am. Each train carries about 1,100 - 1,200 commuters.

So, when someone decides kill themselves by either jumping in front of a train or walking in the tracks; or an idiot tries to outrun or go around crossing gates - everything comes to a halt. If the incident occurs on one of the early trains, there can be over 30,000 commuters that are stranded, waiting for the track to be cleared - this can take an hour to a few hours. So, I (and probably 95% of the other commuters) have no empathy for those hit by trains. In my 20+ years of commuting, I have seen several train/car/SUV or train/pedestrian incidents along the rail line and on the subject train for only a couple - one van, one suicide. The most disgusting incident was one where a guy decided to dive under a train, as it was leaving our station (Route 59 for those fellow Sooners living up here) - imagine being pinched to death!! Those standing next to the guy said he just sat his briefcase down and dove under the train car.......

I suppose you can look at this wreck, in this article, as a darwinist survival of the fittest - stupid folks get hit by trains.... unstupid folks don't get hit by trains.....

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 12:03 AM
How ****ing stoopid can a person get ?

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 12:06 AM
soonerboomer are you really located in S. korea

no, i'm in the Republic of Korea

i just give the americanized name for you round eyes

:D

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 12:08 AM
no, i'm in the Republic of Korea

i just give the americanized name for you round eyes

:D
Dont lie to him
Go ahead and admit that your on the south side of little korea . sheesh quit puttin on airs and stuff

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 12:09 AM
well, either i'm here, or i'm really ****ing trashed when I look at the street signs...

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 12:13 AM
well, either i'm here, or i'm really ****ing trashed when I look at the street signs...
Been smoking with ruf/nek again huh ?

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 12:14 AM
naw, his **** is weak

they give us hashish over here

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 12:18 AM
naw, his **** is weak

they give us hashish over here
You still have My address ???????? :cool: :pop: