PDA

View Full Version : miami-hurricanes.com

Soonermagik
9/6/2007, 04:09 PM
I know a lot of people on here are bitter and despise the canes. However, I found that most of them are pretty cool and I have met several of them on miami-hurricanes.com

Go register and talk football they are not all thugs like the media portrays. If you guys get into the whole media labeling thing a lot of other schools could consider us cheaters. Anyways, lets try to show some class so when we go down there in a few years they will do the same. :)

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 04:12 PM
lets try to show some class so when we go down there in a few years they will do the same. :)

Wow...you must be one of those types that think you can walk through Compton with a friendly smile and warm handshake and everything will be alright. I admire your decent ways. Jesus Christ is jealous of your warm glow. But, if it's all the same, give Miami fans a big middle finger for me and I'll be in Phoenix hating the hell out of them.

Oh, and BOOMER SOONER! ;)

EnidHighSooner
9/6/2007, 04:14 PM
Lol, you should move to Miami if you like them sooo much.

StuIsTheMan
9/6/2007, 04:19 PM
Lol, you should move to Miami if you like them sooo much.

WOW you told him:rolleyes:

:les: AND MUCK FIAMI!

BOOMER SOONER!

Soonermagik
9/6/2007, 04:26 PM
Listen, I'm not saying there aren't bad cane fans out there, but I am saying there are good ones too. We all know here we have a few posters that are over the top, but we mostly have a good group.

I don't mind a rivalry, just remember this is football not a real war. Some on here go too far with their actions. What happened to showing class and enjoying the game. If you go to enough games you will be heckled and we all hate it, so why would you do it to another fan?

birddog
9/6/2007, 04:28 PM
pass.

Collier11
9/6/2007, 04:31 PM
The only OU fans that whine about how thuggish and mean Miami or Lsu fans are or whoever, They are babies! there are ****ty fans in every fan base including ours but 99% are good people

Ash
9/6/2007, 04:31 PM
Listen, I'm not saying there aren't bad cane fans out there, but I am saying there are good ones too. We all know here we have a few posters that are over the top, but we mostly have a good group.

I don't mind a rivalry, just remember this is football not a real war. Some on here go too far with their actions. What happened to showing class and enjoying the game. If you go to enough games you will be heckled and we all hate it, so why would you do it to another fan?

I think you're fighting a losing battle...

StuIsTheMan
9/6/2007, 04:32 PM
:les: I SAID ****'EM!:hot:

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 04:33 PM
What happened to showing class and enjoying the game.

You've obviously never been to an OU game with me. I had a woman in Tuscaloosa turn around and slap me before kickoff of that glorious game. No lie. Great Sooner Moment for ME!!!

I have to be classy at work, at home, in public...I use OU football games to act crazy and stuff...and I don't like it when people want OU to lose. But that's me.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/6/2007, 04:35 PM
Miami, and all 14 of their fans (2 of which are nice according to you), can kiss my a$$.

Soonermagik
9/6/2007, 04:37 PM
The only OU fans that whine about how thuggish and mean Miami or Lsu fans are or whoever, They are babies! there are ****ty fans in every fan base including ours but 99% are good people

Finally, a voice of reason. ;)

sooner2b09
9/6/2007, 05:08 PM
I am fine with them, until they insult me personally

King Crimson
9/6/2007, 06:21 PM
i have a buddy who went to Miami, and said it was a total joke of a school. he said it was a good time but didn't really learn much or have to try very hard.

FirstandGoal
9/6/2007, 06:24 PM
One of my good friends has the great misfortune to be an alum of both SC and Miami. We both share many interests which includes a love of college football. I would do almost anything for this girl, she is an amazing person and my life is so much better for having known her.

That being said, I hate both of her alma maters with a passion that is second only to my hatred of anything associated with Bevo **** orange and that is just the way that it is. We started the trash talking about it last year and still have a go at each other when the subject comes up. I won't go out of my way to looking for a Uthug fan to demoralize, but I am not going to try to be nice to them either.

Zing
9/6/2007, 06:45 PM
I am fine with them, until they insult me personally

They said you look like a dork!

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 06:54 PM
One of my good friends has the great misfortune to be an alum of both SC and Miami. We both share many interests which includes a love of college football. I would do almost anything for this girl, she is an amazing person and my life is so much better for having known her.

That being said, I hate both of her alma maters with a passion that is second only to my hatred of anything associated with Bevo **** orange and that is just the way that it is. We started the trash talking about it last year and still have a go at each other when the subject comes up. I won't go out of my way to looking for a Uthug fan to demoralize, but I am not going to try to be nice to them either.

Wow. All she needs is another degree from Texas and a PhD from Notre Dame, and she'll be the most hated person by any Sooner fan anywhere! ;)

Just kidding, of course.

FaninAma
9/6/2007, 09:15 PM
To sum up my feelings about the Canes and their fans I think I'll go with an old classic:

I wouldn't cross the street to **** on a Cane fan if he was on fire.

option
9/6/2007, 09:19 PM
Hello. I'm a miami fan. I came here from miami-hurricanes.com. We've been having some good football discussions with a few sooner fans from over here. I understand that most people have a predisposition about us being thug U, bu most of our fans are good people, just as I'm sure most of your fans are. Every fanbase has its bad eggs, but we really shouldn't let the few make us hate all of them. Anyway, this is getting lengthy. I just wanted to say hello. I hope we can have some good football discussion. Hopefully both teams play and good, safe game.

FirstandGoal
9/6/2007, 09:27 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/SGryffindor/quarter-black2003-06-25-703595.jpg

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 09:50 PM
I hope we can have some good football discussion.

Okay, fine. Fill me in on a few things.

What was it like battling winless Duke to a hard fought 20-15 win?

Do little kids who grow up Miami fans have birthday parties with pinatas shaped like FIU players and the kids swinging helmets?

Soonermagik
9/6/2007, 10:12 PM

Do little kids who grow up Miami fans have birthday parties with pinatas shaped like FIU players and the kids swinging helmets?

Maestro, I can say you don't speak for me. A guy comes to talk football and has never done one thing wrong and you tear him down. :rolleyes:

Ash
9/6/2007, 11:33 PM
Maestro, I can say you don't speak for me. A guy comes to talk football and has never done one thing wrong and you tear him down. :rolleyes:

Maybe, but that was pretty damn funny!:D :D :D

olevetonahill
9/6/2007, 11:40 PM
Hello. I'm a miami fan. I came here from miami-hurricanes.com. We've been having some good football discussions with a few sooner fans from over here. I understand that most people have a predisposition about us being thug U, bu most of our fans are good people, just as I'm sure most of your fans are. Every fanbase has its bad eggs, but we really shouldn't let the few make us hate all of them. Anyway, this is getting lengthy. I just wanted to say hello. I hope we can have some good football discussion. Hopefully both teams play and good, safe game.
Post a link ! I aint typing all that crap in !

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 11:43 PM
Maybe there are some good fans at thugville, but really...Ever heard of guilt by association?

TrophyCollector
9/7/2007, 01:03 AM
Every fanbase has its bad eggs, but we really shouldn't let the few make us hate all of them.

What about players that beat the living **** out of other players with their helmets and stomp them as the lay on the ground? Does every school have a few of those too?

No, F scUM

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 02:31 AM
I too thot the THUG thingie
But they actually Talk Football instead of smack.
I went I enjoyed . Course I was the only one on :P
But they have treated Sooner Fans with Class So May I ask Yall do the same damn thing ?:cool:

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 06:13 AM
Now I take it Back :eek:
I went back and a few where Smart mouth Smack Talkers rather than Friendly !
Kinda like Here Huh ?;)

option
9/7/2007, 06:54 AM
we have our share of smack talkers. They're respectful over there for the most part. Its the same over here.

option
9/7/2007, 06:59 AM

We needed an interception in the end zone of the final seconds to win that game. That was defiantly one of the all time lows of the program.

As far as The FIU player pinatas, the answer is obviously no. In case you were interested, you should do some research on fights in games on that day. I believe there were to other brawls the same day that never got mentioned.

Not that you guys dont know this already, but OU isn't perfect either.

OULenexaman
9/7/2007, 07:45 AM
option....if you get the option to take a basic english course again in your life....I would advise you to take that option.

OULenexaman
9/7/2007, 07:56 AM
no grammar required to attend the "U"

option
9/7/2007, 08:02 AM
Yep. I spelled to instead of two. Guess i should just quit life while im ahead.

OUDoc
9/7/2007, 08:24 AM
When they get their asses handed to them tomorrow and they sulk back to Miami in disgrace, then maybe I'll go to that web site, if the offer still stands.

But probably not.

option
9/7/2007, 08:40 AM
When they get their asses handed to them tomorrow and they sulk back to Miami in disgrace, then maybe I'll go to that web site, if the offer still stands.

But probably not.

the offer stands as long as you come to talk football, not come taunt us for losing.

MojoRisen
9/7/2007, 09:27 AM

My Brother played for Tulsa and went down to Miami in the early 80's and almost knocked off the canes. My mom was all decked out in her TU gear and white pants- one of the cane thugs put mustard pack on her seat so when she sat down it would get all over her white pants- My grandfather was there and he was 70+ years old and a cane fan stole his Tulsa hat and ran off.

MUCK FIAMI

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 09:27 AM
we have our share of smack talkers. They're respectful over there for the most part. Its the same over here.
Aint that what I said ?
the two Im talking about were not respectful !:eek:

olevetonahill
9/7/2007, 09:31 AM
the offer stands as long as you come to talk football, not come taunt us for losing.
Win lose or draw I said Id be back
Now Talk Football Or STFU :twinkies:

OUDoc
9/7/2007, 10:24 AM
Sooner fans are almost always gracious winners.

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 10:31 AM
My life is complete without having a decent exchange about football with a Miami fan, thanks. I know about Miami and I think they will have a very difficult time moving the football. Like I said, no turnovers inside our 30 and I can see a shutout. If we jump on them and dominate TOP I will expect Miami's good defense to lose hope and possibly give up late as we pour it on.

I did watch some film on Campbell. His being 6'8 will actually help Loadholt. If I were OU I would line up in obvious passing situations and formations and run draw plays towards Campbell's side...he loves to rush the passer on the outside. If Loadholt can run with him and force him out, the gap will be there.

There, Soonermagik and option...is that enough football talk for you?

Tell me why Miami stands a chance. New coach, first road game, 7-6 season, unproven QB, struggled in the worst BCS conference last year...oh, and OU's got studs all over the field on the both sides of the ball...even our punter.

And I still think Stoops would never say it but he would love to stick it to the Miami A.D. for the penalties handed down that effect his overall won-loss record.

FaninAma
9/7/2007, 10:52 AM
Everything associated with Miami is low class...from their midget President down to the waterboy and their stupid mascot.

If Shalala really wanted to change the image of her University(which she doesn't) she would have fired every single coach on the staff after the helmet swinging fiasco last year......including St. Shannon.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I suspect Shannon is saying all the right things now but the Miami gangsta colors will eventually show through this year.

oupride
9/7/2007, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Soonermagik]I know a lot of people on here are bitter and despise the canes. [QUOTE]
Yes! I am bitter and despise the Canes! GOOD GAWD MAN! The day they broke Troy's ankle (the first of three losses to them btw) CHANGED the football team for the next 3 years at least! Troy never played for us again and if he had we might have won the NC his jr and sr seasons!

deeyung0
9/7/2007, 11:59 AM
a small boy was walking on the sidewalk, he was crying. i went up to him and asked him what was wrong, he said "my parents are divorced, and my mom beats me, she was beating me so i had to get out of the house". i then felt horrible for the young lad and asked him "well, why don't you move in with your dad?" he then replied with tears streaming down his face "he beats me too, that's why i moved in with my mom". feeling absolutely horrible, i began thinking what should i do, and i asked him if he wanted me to call the police or give him a ride anywhere... suddently his lips curled and a lil ornery smile found his face... he then looked at me and said "i got it, i'll just move in with the oklahoma state cowboy football team" puzzled, i replied, "now why would you do that?" he looked at me, and being dead serious he said "cause they never beat anybody". BOOMER SOONER!

soonernation
9/7/2007, 12:12 PM
This thread should end up showing their true colors.

http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/forum/tm.asp?m=330583&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

option
9/7/2007, 12:38 PM
Again, there's always going to be a few bad apples.

soonernation
9/7/2007, 12:42 PM
Again, there's always going to be a few bad apples.

Like this class act?

yup all you OU fans have fun ****ing your cows after we kick your ***

Soonermagik
9/7/2007, 12:51 PM
So, because some Miami fans in the 80's gave you a hard time or hurt our QB you will forever hate the program. That might seem like rational thinking if the Coach and players were the same, but that is not so. Even most of the fans are going to be different.

option
9/7/2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I'm 23 years old. I was born in 84. I didn't know what football was those few years we played you guys.

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 12:59 PM
I didn't know what football was those few years we played you guys.

Here in about 25 hours you will know...

soonernation
9/7/2007, 01:00 PM
So, because some Miami fans in the 80's gave you a hard time or hurt our QB you will forever hate the program. That might seem like rational thinking if the Coach and players were the same, but that is not so. Even most of the fans are going to be different.

It's about **** like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBG5ZBGxufY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT8HPI9N2Sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQvaeZhFOY

noleamite
9/7/2007, 01:01 PM
Thug U (canesport.com)lol Screw the Miami love fest go to canesports.com and they will live up to the true Miami reputation. For a good time go there and flame. :D

option
9/7/2007, 01:03 PM
Thug U (canesports.com)lol Screw the Miami love fest go to canesports.com and they will live up to the true Miami reputation. For a good time go there and flame. :D

Most hurricanes fans wont even go post there because everyone there just likes to talk **** to each other.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/7/2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, so theres 3 people on one site and 4 on the other....

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 01:23 PM
You won't find any love for Miami here. OU's had it's share of problems over the years, no doubt. But no one relishes a bad reputation like a Miami fan, playa, or alum. That kind of crap has been going on for over 20 years over there, and their rep is well-deserved.

I'll give you some respect for trying to chat football with Sooner fans, option, but there's no way you'll convince us the culture has changed in Miami. Maybe 20 years from now we'll have a slightly different opinion, but this is legacy was left by the teams/fans/residents of Miami during the last 2-3 decades, and this will remain a black mark on that program for as long as football remains king.

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 01:27 PM
Why the hell is it so important that we all get along on a message board anyway? A bunch of people using fake names and talking football...I mean, seriously. I could care less if any of you like me, especially Miami fans. I don't get on an internet message board to get my self esteem fix. I have a trick mirror I stand in front of in the raw for that! :)

MojoRisen
9/7/2007, 01:34 PM
Here is some Football:

Miami is going to get shut down, we are going to go all out and blitz and stuff the run and hurt Freeman. I really feel that we are going to hit him as often as he drops back to pass.

I also believe that we need to take initiative from the openining snap to be more physical and dominant. We score early a couple of times 10 or 14 zip and the flood gates will open.

I predict a 31-3 outcome for the sooners - Cane fans will realize that Shannon is a D coach and Nix had some of the best weapons in the NCAA to play with last year - no reason to think Miami is going to hang if we do what we need to do - not arrogant but this is the attitude I hope our players take into the game- Dominate, Intimidate and Celebrate.

option
9/7/2007, 01:35 PM
Why the hell is it so important that we all get along on a message board anyway? A bunch of people using fake names and talking football...I mean, seriously. I could care less if any of you like me, especially Miami fans. I don't get on an internet message board to get my self esteem fix. I have a trick mirror I stand in front of in the raw for that! :)

You know what? You're right. **** you guys. You have a few decent fans, but most of you really are *******s.

soonernation
9/7/2007, 01:38 PM
You know what? You're right. **** you guys. You have a few decent fans, but most of you really are *******s.

There ya go. That's the Thug U style we were waiting to see from you. Thanks for proving our point.

OUDoc
9/7/2007, 01:39 PM
Now he gets it! You'll do okay here, option.

noleamite
9/7/2007, 01:40 PM
There ya go. That's the Thug U style we were waiting to see from you. Thanks for proving our point.

lol

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe there are some good fans at thugville, but really...Ever heard of guilt by association?
or how bout...you are known by the company you keep

Jewstin
9/7/2007, 01:42 PM
I'M A ****ING SOLJUH!

TexasSooner01
9/7/2007, 01:47 PM
When i was about 10 years old i remember watching Aikman go down. I remember how DIRTY the Thug players played. When i watch thug u play now...NOTHING has changed!!! NOTHING will change...EVAR!!!

I do not deny that Thug U has their good fans BUT Until Thug U changes its demeanor on the field, they (Players and/or fans) will get NO respect from me.

Sure OU has had its troubles...as any college team has...BUT I have never witnessed the classlessness (i think i just made up a word) from OU which Thug U demonstrates everytime they take the field.

With that being said.....We are going to kick some arse!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

option
9/7/2007, 01:48 PM
or how bout...you are known by the company you keep

You guys shouldn't really be the team to talk.

Really, how hard is it for you guys to not talk **** about other people and their teams. I believe up to this point I've been respectful. I've been defending my team and most of our fans, but I've been respectful. Most of you just dont give a **** whats being said, your just looking for something else to talk **** about.

TexasSooner01
9/7/2007, 01:48 PM

:rolleyes:

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 01:50 PM

I guess me liking you is much more important to you than you liking me.

Defend him now, Soonermagik.

Oh, and option...get laid more. It helps ease the pain of internet message board rejection.

TexasSooner01
9/7/2007, 01:51 PM
We respect other fans...Just not any that wear the color Orange....

:D ;)

Jeopardude
9/7/2007, 01:55 PM
I know a lot of people on here are bitter and despise the canes. However, I found that most of them are pretty cool and I have met several of them on miami-hurricanes.com

Go register and talk football they are not all thugs like the media portrays. If you guys get into the whole media labeling thing a lot of other schools could consider us cheaters. Anyways, lets try to show some class so when we go down there in a few years they will do the same. :)

You should change your screen name from Soonermagik to Soonermilquetoast.

soonernation
9/7/2007, 01:56 PM

Really, how hard is it for you guys to not talk **** about other people and their teams. I believe up to this point I've been respectful. I've been defending my team and most of our fans, but I've been respectful. Most of you just dont give a **** whats being said, your just looking for something else to talk **** about.

Go away then.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2007, 02:04 PM

LOL I'd rather be known by MY company than by YOURS!
Toke THAT!

Jewstin
9/7/2007, 02:26 PM
Ugh. It is taking everything I've got to not register and unload in that "Enough of being nice" thread.

I am so sick of watching their delusional fanbase talk **** about how driven their players are this year, and how Randy Shannon is some kind of east coast Wyatt Earp. The dude was a part of that garbage in the 80s, and he's been a part of it ever since he's been at Miami.

Gawd, this game can not start soon enough.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2007, 02:41 PM
They've been waiting 20 years for this, thats funny as hell
it's been a jail sentence for them. well to bad, they got there *** whipped then, now it's time for a good updated *** whippin!

Speaking of jail......

The Maestro
9/7/2007, 02:46 PM
I think a 20-10 win would be interesting. That way when Miami players were asked their prison terms and the score they lost to OU by in 2007 they could answer both with the same answer...

"10 to 20".

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 02:53 PM
Ugh. It is taking everything I've got to not register and unload in that "Enough of being nice" thread.

Don't waste your time. Most of them don't understand English anyway.

TexasSooner01
9/7/2007, 02:54 PM
I think a 20-10 win would be interesting. That way when Miami players were asked their prison terms and the score they lost to OU by in 2007 they could answer both with the same answer...

"10 to 20".

:D :cool:

I like this idea!!!

:pop:

cheezyq
9/7/2007, 02:56 PM

"10 to 20".

Yeah, if it goes above 20 they'll run out of appendages to use while counting and they'll have to start using dimebags.

Jewstin
9/7/2007, 03:15 PM
Don't waste your time. Most of them don't understand English anyway.

You were right. Not even worth it. I want that 15 minutes of my life back.

stoopified
9/7/2007, 03:47 PM
I hate Miami and want to drown their little tropical depressions.

BudSooner
9/7/2007, 07:41 PM
Ok, so theres 3 people on one site and 4 on the other....
Well thats 2 more than sit in the stands during one of the games there. :D

soonerboomer93
9/7/2007, 08:41 PM

welcome to soonerfans.com

we don't give a ****, and we eat our own...

Crimsontothecore
9/7/2007, 10:55 PM
You guys should really be the team to talk.

Really, how hard is it for you guys to not talk nice about other people and their teams. I believe up to this point I've been a jerk. I've been embarrassing my team and most of our fans, and I've been stupid. Most of you just dont give a **** whats being said, your just looking for something else to talk nice about.
Fixed. And thank you for the kind words. I feel like making smores and singing kum-bah-yah

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2007, 01:15 AM
Funny...I just fired up the grill and sent the wife for marshmallows!

Ash
9/8/2007, 07:55 AM
Oh, and option...get laid more. It helps ease the pain of internet message board rejection.

No kidding.

:cry:

OUinFLA
9/8/2007, 09:06 AM

Yea! I'm in another clique!