PDA

View Full Version : At long last,Barry admits I was right

stoopified
9/6/2007, 02:41 PM
In the Oklahoman article about Miami shutting down the 'bone Barry admitted he should have listened to me.Ok what he actually said was he wasgoing to implement an I_formation option attack like Nebraska's ,which has the added befit of providing better passing than the 'Bone.I advocated that since about 1983(I watched Turner Gill run and pass,thinking WHAT IF).

The big drawback of running triple option is that you have to spend 90% of offensive preperation on perfecting the TRPLE-OPTION reads and pitches.The other disadvantage to running trple-option is the defense can dictate who gets the ball.In the end most defenses choose to smother the fullback and cover the pitchman ,forcing the QB to be the lead ballcarrier.This was in fact what the Huskers did to OU way back in 1971.If you have talent you can stop any one-dimension offense,Miami was not the only one to do it,Texas once they had some speed(black athletes) on D was able to do it too.

Nice to know coach was listening I just wish he had been around long ehough to try it.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2007, 10:44 PM
With Charles Thompson quarterbacking, no offense was going to produce respectable passing.

Paperclip
9/6/2007, 11:08 PM
Barry ran the I with Marcus Dupree.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 11:27 PM
Troy wasn't running the bone that I remember.

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 11:45 PM
Hell, from what I understand Troy's still running the bone...

Seamus
9/7/2007, 02:21 AM
heh.

bweezie
9/7/2007, 03:36 AM
awesome

OUmillenium
9/7/2007, 09:32 AM

spekorama

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2007, 09:38 AM

That's gotta hurt, but it would take some athleticism.

illinisooner
9/7/2007, 10:33 AM
Your sig makes my head hurt.