PDA

View Full Version : Senator Schumer(D)New York calls our troops in Iraq INCOMPETENT, on the Senate floor!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2007, 01:32 PM
In a recent speech. The MSM didn't give it any publicity, of course. Check it out. He's a real patriot, that guy!

royalfan5
9/6/2007, 01:33 PM
Link?

dolemitesooner
9/6/2007, 01:36 PM
You don't need no link. Rush is a spewer of Facts.

9/6/2007, 01:42 PM
Link?I heard him give the speech on the radio this AM.

VeeJay
9/6/2007, 01:51 PM
You don't need no link. Rush is a spewer of Facts.

If what I heard is true, Hillary the Centrist must be embarassed to be representing the same constituency as this Retarded POS. And the rug merchants are hoping for more like him.

Jeopardude
9/6/2007, 01:57 PM
I heard him give the speech on the radio this AM.

Where was this speech broadcast? C-SPAN radio?

SoonerStormchaser
9/6/2007, 01:57 PM
Both Senators from NY are incompitent power hungry POS's. That's why most of New York deserves them (note I said MOST).

frankensooner
9/6/2007, 01:59 PM
http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2007/09/dishonorable-senator-chuck-schumer.html

Wow, just despicable!!!! :rolleyes:

CatfishSooner
9/6/2007, 02:05 PM
Schumer sucks (D)

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2007, 02:15 PM
"And let me be clear, the violence in Anbar has gone down despite the surge, not because of the surge. The inability of American soldiers to protect these tribes from al Qaeda said to these tribes we have to fight al Qaeda ourselves. It wasn't that the surge brought peace here. It was that the warlords took peace here, created a temporary peace here. And that is because there was no one else there protecting."

--CHUCK SCHUMER

for those that don't want to click on the link

9/6/2007, 02:19 PM
While I agree his intentions were to slam the military and he should be called out by the TV news folks, I don't read "incompetent" in his statement...nor did he capitalize it. ;)Inability=incompetence

royalfan5
9/6/2007, 02:22 PM
Inability=incompetence
I disagree, Inability could also mean lacking the requisite resources to accomplish a task. Nevada has plenty of competent football players, yet were inable to stop Nebraska from running for 400+ yards on Saturday. Maybe if they would have had 15 competent players on the field instead of 1 they could have accomplished the task.

frankensooner
9/6/2007, 02:23 PM
Don't even try to discuss it jaux, Rush said it on the radio, and that is what they are apeing.

9/6/2007, 02:29 PM
excuse me?Oh goodness me, Shirley Schumer didn't mean to say the troops made little or no difference in calming down Anbar province... WAKE UP, JAUX!

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2007, 02:33 PM
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

He said that the American's can't protect the tribes all of the tim and that they need to be able to protect themselves.

What's wrong with that?

9/6/2007, 02:37 PM
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

He said that the American's can't protect the tribes all of the tim and that they need to be able to protect themselves.

What's wrong with that?He tried to give the impression that the Iraq war is hopeless, as per his usual stance.

sitzpinkler
9/6/2007, 02:37 PM
[RLIMC spin]What if it was a republican senator who said this?[/RLIMC spin]

StoopTroup
9/6/2007, 02:40 PM
Hey...

Free Speech is alive and well.

Lets see what it costs him. :D

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 02:40 PM
http://news.newsmax.com/images/1237/irak.jpg

I still get a kick out of this.

9/6/2007, 02:41 PM
[RLIMC spin]What if it was a republican senator who said this?[/RLIMC spin]There are a few republicans who are not backing the military and the war. It so happens it was Shumer who insulted the troops this time. Are you proud of him?(you don't have to answer that)

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2007, 02:50 PM
He tried to give the impression that the Iraq war is hopeless, as per his usual stance.

If you say so.

You kinda remind me of that preacher in Colorado that was always railing against homosexuality and then was outed by his gay lover.

sitzpinkler
9/6/2007, 02:51 PM
There are a few republicans who are not backing the military and the war. It so happens it was Shumer who insulted the troops this time. Are you proud of him?(you don't have to answer that)

I wasn't actually asking that question. I was pointing out the absurd behavior you display when a thread pops up about one of your beloved party members screwing up. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you can try and spin this all day long, but he did not insult the troops. And no, I would not be proud of anybody who did (seeing as how I'm a former troop myself and all) and I don't appreciate what you were trying to insinuate with that.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 02:55 PM
Tell us what Schumer was trying to do then 1XC??

At least he kind of dug his head out of the sand for a few seconds to admit that Iraq is improving. Even if he WON'T give the thousands of men and women who have served and died in Iraq their due.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 02:57 PM
Anyway, you can try and spin this all day long, but he did not insult the troops.

What do you call it then???

This is like Robert Allen telling us OU didn't beat the aggots, the aggots just decided to leave and OU had nothing to do with it at all.

Oh, but thats not intended to be a shot at OU.

Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2007, 03:02 PM
Tell us what Schumer was trying to do then 1XC??

I believe that he is questioning the President's plan and claims of what the 'surge' would or would not do.

I don't agree with Schumer but at the same rate I don't see the problem in questioning our leaders.

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2007, 03:02 PM
Epithets of that nature are not allowed, which has been explained ad nauseam.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Mike Rich.

this is the best post in the entire thread.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 03:05 PM
This time, without the "Epithets". :)

I had met Captain Patriquin while embedded with US troops in Ramadi last November. He was a big man, moustachioed, ex-Special Forces, fluent in Arabic and engaged in what was then a revolutionary experiment for a US military renowned for busting doors down. He and a small group from the First Brigade Combat Team, part of the 1st Armoured Division, were assiduously courting the local sheikhs – tribal leaders – over endless cups of tea and cigarettes. They were encouraging them to rise up against the hundreds of al-Qaeda fighters – Saudi, Jordanian, Syrian, Sudanese, Yemeni – who had arrived in Ramadi two years earlier, promising to lead the battle against the infidel Americans. What al-Qaeda actually did was recruit local thugs, seize control of the city, and impose a Taleban-style rule of terror. Mayor Latif said that they regularly beheaded “collaborators” in public and left the heads beside the corpses. Mischievous children would then put cigarettes in the mouths of the disembodied heads.
Captain Patriquin may have offered more than mere words. His main interlocutor, Sheikh Abdul Sittar Bezea al-Rishawi, told The Times that he gave them guns and ammunition too. The sheikhs did rise up. They formed a movement called the Anbar Awakening, led by Sheikh Sittar. They persuaded thousands of their tribesmen to join the Iraqi police, which was practically defunct thanks to al-Qaeda death threats, and to work with the reviled US troops. The US military built a string of combat outposts (COPs) throughout a city that had previously been a no-go area, and through a combination of Iraqi local knowledge and American firepower they gradually regained control of Ramadi, district by district, until the last al-Qaeda fighters were expelled in three pitched battles in March. What happened in Ramadi was later replicated throughout much of Anbar province.
Ramadi’s transformation is breathtaking. Shortly before I arrived last November masked al-Qaeda fighters had brazenly marched through the city centre, pronouncing it the capital of a new Islamic caliphate. The US military was still having to fight its way into the city through a gauntlet of snipers, rocket-propelled grenades, suicide car bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Fifty US soldiers had been killed in the previous five months alone. I spent 24 hours huddled inside Eagles Nest, a tiny COP overlooking the derelict football stadium, listening to gunfire, explosions and the thump of mortars. The city was a ruin, with no water, electricity or functioning government. Those of its 400,000 terrified inhabitants who had not fled cowered indoors as fighting raged around them.
Today Ramadi is scarcely recognisable. Scores of shattered buildings testify to the fury of past battles, but those who fled the violence are now returning. Pedestrians, cars and motorbike rickshaws throng the streets. More than 700 shops and businesses have reopened. Restaurants stay open late into the evening. People sit outside smoking hookahs, listening to music, wearing shorts – practices that al-Qaeda banned. Women walk around with uncovered faces. Children wave at US Humvees. Eagles’ Nest, a heavily fortified warren of commandeered houses, is abandoned and the stadium hosts football matches.
“Al-Qaeda is gone. Everybody is happy,” said Mohammed Ramadan, 38, a stallholder in the souk who witnessed four executions. “It was fear, pure fear. Nobody wanted to help them but you had to do what they told you.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2358061.ece

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2007, 03:06 PM
Thank you.

sitzpinkler
9/6/2007, 03:06 PM
What do you call it then???

This is like Robert Allen telling us OU didn't beat the aggots, the aggots just decided to leave and OU had nothing to do with it at all.

Oh, but thats not intended to be a shot at OU.

Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Are you serious? You have to be joking.

Show me the freakin' insult! Where is it? The troops can't do everything over there all the damn time, and admitting that isn't a knock against the troops.

VeeJay
9/6/2007, 03:07 PM
Tuba should post in ig-pay atin-Lay or something.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:08 PM

I like this version too. :D

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 03:09 PM
I believe that he is questioning the President's plan and claims of what the 'surge' would or would not do.

I don't agree with Schumer but at the same rate I don't see the problem in questioning our leaders.

I think any human with a brain and two eyes wouldn't agree with Schumer. The facts are there, and the peace has been bought by American blood.

By denying our soldiers the credit for this, I think its just a slap in the face to them.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:10 PM

hell yeah...Mike's censoring senators now. :D

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 03:10 PM
Show me the freakin' insult! Where is it? The troops can't do everything over there all the damn time, and admitting that isn't a knock against the troops.

If denying our soldiers credit for bringing peace to the worst part of Iraq isn't an insult & a slap in the face to them, I don't know what is.

At least he didn't call them stupid like Kerry did, or call them mass murderers on the floor of the US Senate as Dick Durbin did.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:13 PM
So Tuba, if a Mayor or City Councilperson says that because of the efforts of the neighborhood watch has decreased crime in a certain part of town, rather than increasing police presence because the residents decided to do something about it. Would that be insulting or belittling the police?

sitzpinkler
9/6/2007, 03:15 PM
If denying our soldiers credit for bringing peace to the worst part of Iraq isn't an insult & a slap in the face to them, I don't know what it.

now you're just making **** up, awesome

so, if a senator is critical of the Iraq war and is making a speech and doesn't throw in a caveat about how well the troops are doing, they're insulting them?

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 03:18 PM
So Tuba, if a Mayor or City Councilperson says that because of the efforts of the neighborhood watch has decreased crime in a certain part of town, rather than increasing police presence because the residents decided to do something about it. Would that be insulting or belittling the police?

Depends.

Did thousands of police just laydown their lives to fight and kill terrorists in that neighboorhood???

Your analogy doesn't really apply.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2007, 03:20 PM
so, if a senator is critical of the Iraq war and is making a speech and doesn't throw in a caveat about how well the troops are doing, they're insulting them?

I think the fact you even asked this is telling.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:22 PM
Depends.

Did thousands of police just laydown their lives to fight and kill terrorists in that neighboorhood???

Your analogy doesn't really apply.

actually it does apply. If increased neighborhood vigilance plays a key role in the reduction of crime than an increase of police presence, and a political figure says that it's not the increase of police presence but the increased vigilance by ****ed off citizens that reduced crime, is it or is it not belittling the police and insulting them?

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:24 PM
and for the record I could care less what some dip**** from NY has to say about the troops. The fact that he's even a sitting member of Congress to me means that he doesn't know ****all about anything.

9/6/2007, 03:35 PM
You kinda remind me of that preacher in Colorado that was always railing against homosexuality and then was outed by his gay lover.So you're saying I really hate the military, or what?

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2007, 03:37 PM
He's a US Senator deserving our respect...

You owe me a keyboard, a half empty can of bean dip, a value pack of Post-it notes, and a can of Miller High Life. That's some funny **** right there. :)

sitzpinkler
9/6/2007, 03:39 PM
I think the fact you even asked this is telling.

oh really? explain, please, I'd love to hear this

if anything is telling it's how you and RLIMC will jump at any chance to spin something said by a democrat into an anti-american sentiment

you're being extremely nitpicky to try and find something wrong with what he said when it just isn't there, the incompetence route didn't work so now you're trying to say he insulted them by not complimenting them. brilliant :rolleyes:

your anti-logic does not compute

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:45 PM
So this one time Al Gore picked up a dying baby and kissed it's forehead. There was a news article about it, and the following day RLimc makes a thread called "AL GORE EATS BABIES FOR FUN!"

limey_sooner
9/6/2007, 03:50 PM
Of course the fact that REPUBLICANS were trumpeting what the Sunni tribes were doing to al queda in anbar BEFORE the "surge" even began doesn't seem to matter.

9/6/2007, 03:51 PM
So this one time Al Gore picked up a dying baby and kissed it's forehead. There was a news article about it, and the following day RLimc makes a thread called "AL GORE EATS BABIES FOR FUN!"wtf . You might want to explain just about all of what you just said.

9/6/2007, 03:52 PM
America is fighting 2 Wars.
The republicans are fighting the GWOT(Global War on Terror)...except for border security.
The democrats are fighting the WOR(War on Republicans).

limey_sooner
9/6/2007, 03:55 PM
Clearly this yet another example of the Hillaryesque "vast leftwing conspiracy"

Scott D
9/6/2007, 03:58 PM
wtf . You might want to explain just about all of what you just said.

it's pretty self explanatory, I'll go ahead and take your answer off the air.

9/6/2007, 04:01 PM
it's pretty self explanatory, I'll go ahead and take your answer off the air.kissing a baby =eating a baby? sure thing.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 04:06 PM
kissing a baby =eating a baby? sure thing.

not talking up the troops =calling our troops incompetent on the Senate floor? sure thing.

soonerscuba
9/6/2007, 04:10 PM
So this one time Al Gore picked up a dying baby and kissed it's forehead. There was a news article about it, and the following day RLimc makes a thread called "AL GORE EATS BABIES FOR FUN!"

Arabic babies make excellent kabobs.

9/6/2007, 04:10 PM
If increased neighborhood vigilance plays a key role in the reduction of crime than an increase of police presence, and a political figure says that it's not the increase of police presence but the increased vigilance by ****ed off citizens that reduced crime, is it or is it not belittling the police and insulting them?Schumer gives no credit to the troops efforts in helping the local populace to fight terrorism, and acts as though US troops haven't effected the anti-terrorist effort. I doubt Schumer even knows much about what goes on in Iraq.

It does appear he is deliberately trying to suggest the military is not doing any good, when he likely doesn't even know what they have or have not done. He is clearly not in favor of the USA winning the war, and is doing all in his power and persusion to stop the effort.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 04:12 PM
Rushy just stop....for the love of all that is good and just in this world stop.

Reality is getting tired of fighting the war on your thought process.

9/6/2007, 04:15 PM
Rushy just stop....for the love of all that is good and just in this world stop.

Reality is getting tired of fighting the war on your thought process.Your playing devil's advocate is fine. You don't really think Schumer is being objective about the troop surge and overall prosecution of the war, do you?

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2007, 04:23 PM
I think Scott's already answered this question.

and for the record I could care less what some dip**** from NY has to say about the troops. The fact that he's even a sitting member of Congress to me means that he doesn't know ****all about anything.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2007, 04:26 PM
Democrats is de debbil!

Good lawd, deys de debbil!

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2007, 04:29 PM
And BTW, I don't particularly care for Schumer. I think he's a rube for the most part. Like most politicians these days.

I just fail to see how him not mentioning the troops in a speech on the floor of the Senate is tantamount to suggesting anything about them.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2007, 04:37 PM
The troop surge is helping quell violence......in the areas where the troops are.

SoonerStormchaser
9/6/2007, 04:40 PM
Thank you.

He's here all week folks!

Scott D
9/6/2007, 04:42 PM
Your playing devil's advocate is fine. You don't really think Schumer is being objective about the troop surge and overall prosecution of the war, do you?

as Grapevine stated, I already gave my position on Schumer.

saucysoonergal
9/6/2007, 05:49 PM
I would call Rush a right-wing reactionary, but I feel that gives him too much credit. I think he just takes whatever his namesake says that day on the radio and beats it til his arm is sore. It is very similar to the folks in stoolwater when they say, "hey watch this" then their buddies all try to do the same. ;)

sooner n houston
9/6/2007, 07:00 PM
And I would call all the wonderful libs, especially the moderator one, left wing nut jobs but I would be giving you too much credit too!

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2007, 07:08 PM
Wow, I don't know if I'd call Dean out like that...

Scott D
9/6/2007, 07:10 PM
Wow, I don't know if I'd call Dean out like that...

yeah, I don't think he got the memo ;)

9/6/2007, 07:15 PM
I would call Rush a right-wing reactionary, but I feel that gives him too much credit. I think he just takes whatever his namesake says that day on the radio and beats it til his arm is sore. It is very similar to the folks in stoolwater when they say, "hey watch this" then their buddies all try to do the same. ;)I think you have no idea what Rush says, but you believe what the leftists say about him who also don't know what he says. You feel more than you think.

Scott D
9/6/2007, 07:16 PM
I think you have no idea what Rush says, but you believe what the leftists say about him who also don't know what he says. You feel more than you think.

psst, she's talking about you. Nobody would ever think that Mr. Limbaugh regurgitates what you say on a message board on the radio.

9/6/2007, 07:17 PM
psst, she's talking about you. Nobody would ever think that Mr. Limbaugh regurgitates what you say on a message board on the radio.psst, why do you waste your time?

Scott D
9/6/2007, 09:25 PM
psst, why do you waste your time?

clearly I hope your hero one day quotes me on the air..I mean it's all that I live for now.

OklahomaRed
9/7/2007, 09:47 AM
RLIMC........ I have no idea why you try to argue with Scott D. He is the kid is grade school that always has to have the last word. He does no research on anything, and he spouts the right wing agenda from start to finish. The best thing to do with him is state your case and then not argue with him because he is brainwashed to the core. Give the military their due for taking the war on terror serious, and thank them for putting their life on the line to keep terrorist out of our country. I have several friends over there and they tell a different story. Ignore Scott D and don't give him credit. You are enabling him to continue his Bush hating tactics.

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 09:51 AM
RLIMC........ I have no idea why you try to argue with Scott D. He is the kid is grade school that always has to have the last word. He does no research on anything, and he spouts the right wing agenda from start to finish. The best thing to do with him is state your case and then not argue with him because he is brainwashed to the core. Give the military their due for taking the war on terror serious, and thank them for putting their life on the line to keep terrorist out of our country. I have several friends over there and they tell a different story. Ignore Scott D and don't give him credit. You are enabling him to continue his Bush hating tactics.

Take THAT SD!

OklahomaRed
9/7/2007, 09:53 AM
Take THAT SD!

My old buddy JohnnyMack? How yah doing bro? See you still don't have a job? Maybe you can get SF to pay you, or maybe they will make you a Mod so you can say it's not just a hobby? :D

leavingthezoo
9/7/2007, 10:13 AM
America is fighting 2 Wars.
The republicans are fighting the GWOT(Global War on Terror)...except for border security.
The democrats are fighting the WOR(War on Republicans).

you and tuba must be twins. this is so tired. SO TIRED. republicans aren't fighting anything. soldiers are. SOLDIERS. seriously, if you can't quit lumping everything into a black and white piece of crap then you really should just shut up at some point. i'm tired of seeing you guys make this a democrat/republican two wars b.s. parade. that is not true. you aren't fighting this war. you're sitting on your freakin' tail-end obsessing on how you can turn every little thing into a republican war on terror, and a democratic war on republicans. reel in your crazy. the only war i see being defended by you is your little pathetic, two man pretense of a battle that democrats want to see defeat. (why don't you pay attention to all of your party, and not just your cowards too afraid to change course, or admit completely pathetic mishandling of this entire situation. THE LEADERS, not the soldiers.)

i've said it before and i'll say it again, every time you lump everyone into your perfect little ball of democrat and republican, etc, you are dismissing the integrity, bravery and sacrifice of many soldiers because they ain't all holy republicans.

and if you don't mean to put down and berate soldiers who happen to fall outside of your precious party line, then quit doing it. it's real easy. you've done the exact same thing as this senator. he's dismissed the efforts of soldiers, and so have you. only you hand pick your solders with concentrated efforts... i think that may even be worse than the dipwad senator.

if dean or mike or anybody else feels i need time off for coming back at an antagonistic, shortsighted individual who clearly intentionally tries to ratchet up discord, then have it. you won't hear a complaint from me. i don't even care at this point. then he can reel off his whiny diatribe and i can go back praying for the safe return of family in Iraq who are apparently fighting a war on republicans. ungrateful person. geez!

JohnnyMack
9/7/2007, 10:16 AM
My old buddy JohnnyMack? How yah doing bro? See you still don't have a job? Maybe you can get SF to pay you, or maybe they will make you a Mod so you can say it's not just a hobby? :D

Nope. I'm still unemployed and living under a bridge. I have to sneak into the public library to get free internet access.

It's a hard knock life. For me.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2007, 10:40 AM
I have several friends...

I'm calling BS on that.

With that fine personality of yours, there's no way you have any friends.

:D