PDA

View Full Version : So you hate Texas, I hate...

Dan Thompson
9/6/2007, 12:23 PM
the LA media. Here are three reasons why.

Peter Yoon article FOUR GAMES TO WATCH
he picks LSU, Texas, Georgia, and Miami to win.

Here is his logic or lack thereof

Story line:...This is the first meeting between the storied programs since a 20-14 Miami victory in the 1987 Orange Bowl. They also met in a No. 1-vs-No.2 matchup in 1986, also won by Miami.

The Pick Miami. The Hurricanes can control the ball and the clock with a grinding running game and stout defense.

Chris Dufresne's article ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Upset special
Dufresne is talking about Switzer's XM Radio show where Switzer is talking about Appalachian State's upset. At the end Barry says And if you lose it, you can't overcome it. It's devastating. It's a nightmare."

At which Dufresne adds "Boise State, of course, started all the live-to-dream stuff on Jan. 1 when it beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

And then under Dufresne's same article but under

Blitz package

*You know Boise State has defeated Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, but did you know Boise has never defeated a Pac-10 team on the road?

Then later

Bosie State is 0-12 on the road versus BCS conference schools. Last year's Fiesta Bowl was considered a neutral site game.

Why do they have such a hard-on for OU?

journeyman
9/6/2007, 12:29 PM
*You know Boise State has defeated Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, but did you know Boise has never defeated a Pac-10 team on the road?

I think we've seen why it's so hard to beat a Pac 10 team on the road.:(

WisconsinSooner
9/6/2007, 12:41 PM
Why do they have such a hard-on for OU?

It's called Penis Envy Dan. Penis Envy.

Dan Thompson
9/6/2007, 01:00 PM
Boise State is at Washington this weekend, 12:30 pst, so I may look into this one as the OU game should be over.

boomersooner28
9/6/2007, 02:06 PM
This just in! OU > Marshall. Someone should let him know.

OU Adonis
9/6/2007, 02:08 PM
I hate miami as much as I hate Texas. They cost us two NCs in the mid 80s for christ sakes.

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 05:17 PM
Washington looked stout with their new QB. I'm picking them to beat Potato State.

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 11:52 PM
In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny...What a maroon!

goingoneight
9/7/2007, 12:36 AM
Boise
Boomer
Buffoon :les:
Big Dawgs

MR2-Sooner86
9/7/2007, 12:53 AM
the LA media

That's all that has to be said. I mean really it's L.A. Hell the entire state of California is like a bowel of cereal. You remove all the fruits and nuts and all you have is flakes.

OUmillenium
9/7/2007, 01:17 PM
That is classic!

Dan Thompson
9/10/2007, 10:07 AM
Well it looks like Chris Drufus(sp) and Peter Yoon can eat a little crow about now.

The LA Times should get some more informed reports, not these two hacks.