PDA

View Full Version : More fuel for the Miami fire...

soonerspudman
9/6/2007, 11:57 AM
From an article in today's Tulsa World:

Switzer told Aikman "something I've never told you before. . . . our coaches brought a scouting report that Miami had left in the (locker) room, and they had on there, the first thing they had to do to win the game was, 'Hurt Troy Aikman.' That was a part of their game plan, 'We've got to hurt Aikman and put him out of the game.' "

May hate and disdain for the thugs flow freely Saturday...

OUHOMER
9/6/2007, 12:04 PM
No wonder troy doesn't care for the king. I would want that info

HateTheWhorns
9/6/2007, 12:13 PM
Not sure how much good that information would have done Troy after the fact. The quote says that UM left the scouting report in the locker room which would mean OU got their hands on it after the injury.

Now I can see Troy being ticked that OU did not reveal that information and force JJ to address the matter publicly.

Oh well....spilt milk

Miko
9/6/2007, 01:04 PM
Oh well....spilt milk

"My daddy always said, 'Never cry over spilt milk; it could've been whiskey.'"- Brett Maverick (portrayed by OU alumnus James Garner.)

stoopified
9/6/2007, 01:54 PM
Not sure how much good that information would have done Troy after the fact. The quote says that UM left the scouting report in the locker room which would mean OU got their hands on it after the injury.

Now I can see Troy being ticked that OU did not reveal that information and force JJ to address the matter publicly.

Oh well....spilt milkIf anything Troy should have been ticked at Johnson,NOT Switzer>Johnsom is the thugmaster who basically called for a HIT onhim.I think any coach who would do that is a SORRY SOB.

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2007, 02:03 PM
No wonder Troy didn't transfer to Miami. ;)

soonersn2007
9/6/2007, 02:15 PM
I thought the tackle on Troy Aikman was dirty as hell, he was held high and the tackler pulled his body into Troy's legs.

tanjou
9/6/2007, 02:19 PM
That was found AFTER the game. So no one knew until after Aikman was already hurt.

CatfishSooner
9/6/2007, 02:20 PM
Thats f'n BS

boomersooner28
9/6/2007, 02:21 PM
I don't need any more fuel for this game. I was pretty young during the battles in the 80's, but I remember them sorry bastages like it was yesterday.

We need to pummel these ***holes.

soonerfaninaddison
9/6/2007, 03:04 PM
no wonder it took try time to warm up to jimmy i dont think this happened b4 they won a super bowl

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2007, 04:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/eticket/20070102/photos/fiesta22.jpg

R.I.P.

Soonermagik
9/6/2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, that is some serious fuel. Let's take it out on this years team with totally different players and a new coach.

Oldnslo
9/6/2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that is some serious fuel. Let's take it out on this years team with totally different players and a new coach.
Who would you rather take it out on?

Seems as if these UM players represent the same U as the past ones.

EnidHighSooner
9/6/2007, 05:42 PM
Hey, I can't post topics yet, but I go to Enid High and Austin Box's mom is a teacher...from info I got the reason Austin didnt play in the North Texas game is because he put a huge hit on Malcolm Kelly when he wasnt suppose too. thats what my info is telling me, just to let you guys know.

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 05:43 PM
Who would you rather take it out on?

Seems as if these UM players represent the same U as the past ones.

At least the players from the past for Miami were high profile.

oumartin
9/6/2007, 07:00 PM
well what about the other two losses to them?

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 11:30 PM
As if I needed another reason to hate and disrespect those weenies.