PDA

View Full Version : The Bed1am Brawl on 97.1 Tulsa's Sports Animal

JohnnyMack
9/6/2007, 11:17 AM
Yo Tulsa peeps, starting tonight at 7 p.m. on 97.1 FM The Sports Animal, yours truly will be co-hosting a weekly radio show focusing on OU and Okie Suck football.

Make sure and tune in, we need all the listeners and advertisers we can get so we can keep this thing on the air.

Also, since it's a brand new show, gimme some feedback on what ya liked and what ya didn't like.

We had to record the first episode, seems the station's General Manager wasn't too keen on turning us loose live on the air without a dry run. I got some nice soonerfans.com drops worked into the show.

OU Adonis
9/6/2007, 11:31 AM
Congrats on the Gig JM. Too bad you live in the states 2nd best city or I would buy you a beer.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 03:20 PM
Man, I totally hated that pre-recorded feel your show had! Otherwise, it kicked arse.

(I, uh, figured I'd pre-record my review of your show, mostly because I probably can't tune your station down here in Baton Rouge) :)

picasso
9/7/2007, 03:09 PM
hey it wasn't bad. I caught the last 30 minutes.

you guys sound like brothers and about 12 years old.;)

lose the background carney music. and don't take so much crap off the Poke dork. he got in one too many disses.

OU and Miami are chock full of thugs? hey oSu guy, tell BJ Tiger I need my bike back and tell Chris Collins to stop checking out my 13 year old niece. and that's just for starters.

oh and the whole oSu/OU better fans, grads bull****.

we supported OU in the stands in the middle 90's when we sucked. we still put more asses in the seats then than oSu does now. we put more asses in the seats in 1971 than oSu does now.

and the orange gay pride. yeah, it came out when oSu finally beat OU in football. that's right, the best fans in the world didn't have the balls to wear orange until they beat us in the sport of football.

burp.

picasso
9/10/2007, 03:43 PM
if your co-host tries to bust on Miami be sure and remind him oSu would rename a street in Stillwater for winning that game.
also remind him that playing a Florida directional school is the closest they'll get to the Orange Bowl. tell him the game is played in Miami.

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, uhh. We need to talk about that.

They fired us.

:D

Not really fired us so much as cancelled us. As in not renewed. As in, no longer on the air.

**** canned.

86'd

Shown the door.

Given the axe.

Told to walk the plank.

I guess the owner of the station (who is a Sooner fan) got too many complaints about people trashing OU.

The owner was talking to my counterpart (the OSU mouth) and asked him, "what are you going to talk about this week?" Basically saying that there was very little ammunition for an osu person to use against OU with the way OU is playing right now and that he wasn't comfortable with someone trashing OU when OU is playing so well.

I guess we got fired for OU being too good.

:O

JohnnyMack
9/10/2007, 03:51 PM
I cleaned out my pm's.

Try again.

Petro-Sooner
9/10/2007, 03:52 PM
Man that sucks!!

GrapevineSooner
9/10/2007, 03:55 PM
Ever thought about doing a podcast of sorts, JM?

NormanPride
9/10/2007, 04:21 PM
****. I was looking forward to this.

OUmillenium
9/10/2007, 04:37 PM
...hmmm

usmc-sooner
9/10/2007, 05:47 PM
oh and the whole oSu/OU better fans, grads bull****.

burp.

the whole OSU grads thing is BS, I grew up on a farm, I know tons of people in the farming community who are OSU fans and didn't go to OSU, I know a lot of Texas fans, Notre Dame fans, Miami fans did not go to that school.

OSU fans always say Our fans actually attended OSU, well yeah that's the only reason they cheer for them they are forced to. Heck I know people who went to OSU who are OU fans. Let's see if you grew up in Oklahoma and have no ties to OSU or OU who are you going to root for? The team that won 7 national titles, or the team that looks like fools year end and year out. I think this whole argument makes them look stupid.