PDA

View Full Version : Miami's secret offense!?!

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 09:29 AM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/09/secret-o-in-sto.html

Dun, dun, dun! I don't buy it. Even if they do open up the passing game, I think these guys are going to be in for a surprise when they find out our secondary is just as fast their receivers.

stoopified
9/6/2007, 09:32 AM
Why wait till Saturday lets play NOW?I am ssssssssssssssssssssssooooo ready for this game.

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I read that this morning. OOOOOH! So scary! Miami has speed and a top secret ninja game plan for us? I'll take my chances with our defense against an first year offensive coordinator that needs to only shave twice a week.

Michael Irvin, Bennie Blades, Vinny T., Alonzo Highsmith and Mel Bratton ain't walking onto that field for Miami on Saturday.

dolemitesooner
9/6/2007, 09:44 AM
Ohh man I can't wait

SeattleOUstudent
9/6/2007, 09:48 AM
This might just be a really close game. I HATE CLOSE GAMES!

bstuff1979
9/6/2007, 09:51 AM
Is it just me or did the sports-writer (I use the term loosely) look a little like Corky? No offense intended, but the guy really does look like Corky. In any event, this guy has thrown up a story based purely on very loose speculation. He asks if they're holding back on offense against Marshal (and, no kidding, yeah they are. same with OU against NTSU) and all of the sudden he's turned this into something entirely different. Yeah, I'm Captain Obvious here but I'm getting to the point of wanting to smack anything from Florida in the face.

sooner518
9/6/2007, 09:51 AM
geez we are so screwed! I bet they tanked all last year just to lull us into a false sense of security. We are playing right into their hands!! I hope Stoops and Venables see this article before its too late. Anyone have their email address???

mikeelikee
9/6/2007, 09:52 AM
It will only be a really close game if we turn the ball over several times and have stupid penalties. We play a clean game, we'll win by a couple of touchdowns.

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 10:13 AM
It will only be a really close game if we turn the ball over several times and have stupid penalties. We play a clean game, we'll win by a couple of touchdowns.

BINGO!

King Crimson
9/6/2007, 10:15 AM
they better not try that forward pass thingy again.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/6/2007, 10:15 AM
Man, we should have thought of this. Why didn't we just have Sam throw the ball into the ground last week to lull Miami to sleep? I mean anybody can complete 18 straight passes.

Hot Rod
9/6/2007, 10:16 AM
Last time I heard about an amazing offense, that team lost by 21.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:16 AM
Wait, a team claiming it held back some of its playbook for an early-season game against a sub-par team, in order that it could "surprise" a better team later in the season?

Dude. We seriously need to get some coaches down in Miami during the off-season to learn some of their techniques. This sounds like a pretty sound strategy they've come up with -- it might just catch on throughout all of division 1-A.

Genius, I tell you. Pure genius. Must be an unpublicized side-effect from all those silicone implants.

Or maybe it's all the cocaine :D

King Crimson
9/6/2007, 10:18 AM
i bet they were lifting weights this week too.

Oldnslo
9/6/2007, 10:19 AM
uh oh. Have they been lifting weights, too?

we're doomed.

DOOOMED!

Norman Sooner
9/6/2007, 10:21 AM
Thats it, im not even gonna go to the game. they are going to unveil this double secret offense and just humiliate us on our own field. Im so tired of teams unveiling new offenses that just totally embarrass our defense..

buffalobill989
9/6/2007, 10:22 AM
Last time I heard about an amazing offense, that team lost by 21.

NICE!!!:D

soonerinabilene
9/6/2007, 10:24 AM
(puts on sunglasses in an over-dramatic way) Frank, this could get real ugly.(takes off sunglasses in an over-dramatic way while the guy from the who screams)

setem
9/6/2007, 10:28 AM
Do not get all crazed over this ****! I promise you we did not give Miami anything in our tapes either! That bull**** about "holding back speed" is just that... horse cods! No coach would ever tell his players to let up and not go hard every play. The one error I saw in that reading was the fact he said "you caught a lot of quick little flare passes on Saturday..." those guys did not catch much of anything from what I heard about that game. Only completing 50% of your passes against a Marshall team that isn't very good does not lead me to thing they are holding back on us. It just tells me they have ****ty hands and a ****ty QB! Our secondary is going to have a field day with that ****! THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN ON US!!! That weak *** O-line is going be in a for a rude awakening. The speed change from Marshall - OU is going be huge for us.

Before...I was all about sportsmanship and this being a good game! Now I just want us to embarrass those cocky son-of-guns! Randy Shannon coaches like a special ed high school coach. "Oh our 5th string QB did a great job this week in practice??? Well hell...HE IS THE STARTER!!!" "AFTER PRACTICE LET'S ALL GO BACK TO MY OFFICE AND WATCH 'How Stella Got Her Groove Back'! and just be big BITCHES!!!"

I am willing to bet we come out on Saturday and look like a dif team on O! You wanna talk about not tipping your hand...WE RAN THE SAME PLAY LIKE 10 TIMES and 3 out of the 4 opening plays of the game were THE SAME DAMN PLAY!!!

This is going to be a good game...for OU!

Hakuna Matata BITCHES!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2007, 10:34 AM
Dude.

We're so screwed.

I looked at a state map the other day and saw where Miami has already invaded. They're HERE. NOW.

Nothing on the radio or television about it, either. So they're not just holding back some of their playbook, they're holding back a full scale invasion!

DOOOOOOOOOOOM!

RUN AWAAAAAAAY!

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 10:40 AM
Hahahaha ... WEIGHTS!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't wait to see this Manny guy's next article about how Shannon made the team watch Remember the Titans inter-cut with dog fighting scenes from Top Gun.

We are going to destroy this team. Obliterate. Decimate. *insert awesome synonym for destruction*

soonerspudman
9/6/2007, 10:56 AM
They're here early to practice their helmet swinging techniques.

Coaches: Head down, big backswing, hit through the target, follow through.

Players: Damn slice...

douxpaysan
9/6/2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpdTxnqcRTo:pop:

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpdTxnqcRTo:pop:

Hadn't seen that. Suddenly whatever concerns I had left are now gone.

Their offensive line was getting destroyed by friggin' Marshall.

mxATVracer10
9/6/2007, 12:06 PM
Hadn't seen that. Suddenly whatever concerns I had left are now gone.

Their offensive line was getting destroyed by friggin' Marshall.

That's what they WANT you to think! :pop:

Zing
9/6/2007, 12:22 PM
I also hear that they've infiltrated the OU film room - in every recording of a Miami play, they've inserted subliminal one-frame shots of words such as "no offense," "shoddy team," and "m4a1 assault carbine."

QUIT TOYING WITH US!:mad:

SoonerMX
9/6/2007, 12:57 PM
I hear that their super secret offense consists of running the statue of liberty and hook and lateral plays over and over again.

Dan Thompson
9/6/2007, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen anyone outside of OU talk about Allen Patrick.:eek:

Dio
9/6/2007, 01:15 PM
If they do bust out a top-secret offense Saturday, does that mean we get to hear BBS say "ninjee" again?

birddog
9/6/2007, 01:22 PM
from the d.o. pretty boring, but it's something.

By Berry Tramel
The Oklahoman
Miami comes to Owen Field on Saturday. Same attitude as the old days. Same logo. Same tradition.
But these are not your father's Miami Hurricanes, and the difference is quarterback.

Old Miami won national titles with Bernie Kosar, Steve Walsh, Craig Erickson and Gino Torretta, and that list doesn't even include the two best Miami QBs, Jim Kelly and Vinny Testaverde.

But since Torretta's 1992 Heisman Trophy, Miami has produced only one star quarterback, Ken Dorsey.

Not coincidentally, in Dorsey's three years as starter, Miami was 35-2. But before and after Dorsey, Miami has not produced elite quarterbacks. Ryan Collins, Frank Costa, Ryan Clement, Scott Covington and Kenny Kelly in the '90s; Brock Berlin, Derrick Crudup (son of the ex-Sooner by the same name), Kyle Wright and now Kirby Freeman in the 2000s.

Combined NFL passes by that crew: 10. Winning percentage with those guys in command: 71.4 percent. Both far cries from the 'Cane standard.

Last year, Miami scored 10 points vs. Florida State, seven vs. Louisville and Virginia, 14 vs. Houston, 10 vs. Virginia Tech and only 20 on hapless Duke. Since Dorsey left, Miami has averaged only 13.6 points in five games against Florida State.

"Schematically, there's a lot of pressure put on the quarterback to make plays,” OU defensive coordinator Brent Venables said of Miami in recent years. "I think the quarterback had to make a lot of plays, and maybe some youth up front didn't allow him to have the comfort in the pocket to make a lot of those plays.”

Wright started the previous two years but was beaten out by Freeman this season. Freeman is more mobile and not the classic Miami dropback passer.

"You saw in the first game their new attitude is establishing the run game, and obviously they did that against Marshall, which takes great pressure off that quarterback,” Venables said. "Moving the pocket helps the offensive line and the quarterback buy some time.”

Recruiting has not been the Miami problem. Berlin, Wright and Freeman all were among the nation's elite quarterback recruits.

But they have not produced, so Miami has slipped.

BoomerGirl34
9/6/2007, 03:32 PM
It's not their SECRET offense.

IT'S the DOUBLE SECRET OFFENSE. Dean Wormer has been studying game film. We're scrood!

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/images/I62178-2005Feb03

proudsoonergal
9/6/2007, 03:39 PM
Q: You caught a lot of quick little flare passes on Saturday, any chance we see you downfield some more?
A: "[Laughter]. I don't want to say anything. You'll see Saturday."
Q: But will the offense be more exciting?
A: "I don't really want to say. Just wait for Saturday. We can throw the ball. I know the fans want to see it. They just got to wait."

They have fans? I think that is the biggest news in the article.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2007, 03:42 PM
JIHAD!

BURKABURKAJIHAD!

http://members.cox.net/firemanat25s/lamar_thomas.jpg

BoomerGirl34
9/6/2007, 03:43 PM
Oh holy shyte.

That was freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illinisooner
9/6/2007, 06:37 PM
secret offense=wishbone?

W-D
9/6/2007, 06:43 PM
Err... huh? Some idiot has the Sooners ranked #15!
http://with-malice.com/2007/09/07/the-wtf-college-football-rankings%e2%80%a6-week-2/#more-845

TrophyCollector
9/7/2007, 12:44 AM
Q: You caught a lot of quick little flare passes on Saturday, any chance we see you downfield some more?

So their QB was 9-21 in their hold back, flare pass offense?

Wow, their super secret downfield passing game is going to be very effective. :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
9/7/2007, 12:55 AM
Their offense will be killer. Word has it O.J. was at their practices this week helping out.

I just hope penalties won't hurt us and Miami won't get away red handed with anything.

sooner518
9/7/2007, 01:01 AM
Err... huh? Some idiot has the Sooners ranked #15!
http://with-malice.com/2007/09/07/the-wtf-college-football-rankings%e2%80%a6-week-2/#more-845

errr duh. read the article. he put all the teams in a hat and picked them randomly. No one in their right mind would put Georgia Tech ahead of USC or LSU. or even us.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 01:05 AM
Same ole' Miami and to hear Randy Shannon during his press conference that whole Miami persona hasn't left.

I hope we roll their a**es

Dear moderators or admins, you might wana fix it where a**es doesn't actually show up. I am doing you a curtosy right now

TrophyCollector
9/7/2007, 01:07 AM
secret offense=wishbone?

Haha, remember last time we switched to the wishbone in the middle of a season? That worked out really well.

oumartin
9/7/2007, 01:09 AM
Why are we even playin' this game. They are obvioulsy gonna win and crush our hopes of a National Championship

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2007, 01:13 AM
Their secret oughtta be to bend over and take what's been coming for a long time.