PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 office takes the 5th, and interesting quote from Switzer

aurorasooner
9/6/2007, 06:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, anyone know if it was a Big 12 crew or a Sunbelt crew that called the Arkie State/whorn game? and who the official was that was either crooked or couldn't count?
Roberts (Arkansas State Coach) said game film showed the Indians had enough players on both sides of the ball before the kick.

"There's nothing you can do about it now," Roberts said. "I don't have a reaction because a reaction's worthless."

Big 12 Conference spokesman Bob Burda said Wednesday league rules prevented him from confirming Roberts' account. While not confirming that a conversation took place, Burda said any discussion between officials coordinator Walt Anderson and Roberts would be confidential.

Burda said any discussion would occur between Big 12 officials and officials from the Sun Belt Conference, of which Arkansas State is a member.

"Our sportsmanship rules preclude our saying anything about officiating," Burda said.I never thought I would say this, but I really wish this game was on Fox instead of ABC with Switzer, Johnson, and Aikman in the booth. BTW, who's the ABC crew that will call this game?
Switzer told Aikman "something I've never told you before. . . . our coaches brought a scouting report that Miami had left in the (locker) room, and they had on there, the first thing they had to do to win the game was, 'Hurt Troy Aikman.' That was a part of their game plan, 'We've got to hurt Aikman and put him out of the game.' "

Said Aikman, "Well, at least they were coachable."

Johnson and Switzer remain the only two coaches to win both a college football national championship and a Super Bowl.
TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Running back Courtney Tennial will miss Tulsa's entire 2007 season because of an ankle injury sustained in preseason drills, the school said Wednesday.

Tennial, who had transferred from Oklahoma, was the Golden Hurricane's leading rusher last season with 862 yards and 14 touchdowns. .

FaninAma
9/6/2007, 11:01 AM
Switzer told Aikman "something I've never told you before. . . . our coaches brought a scouting report that Miami had left in the (locker) room, and they had on there, the first thing they had to do to win the game was, 'Hurt Troy Aikman.' That was a part of their game plan, 'We've got to hurt Aikman and put him out of the game.' "

Said Aikman, "Well, at least they were coachable."

Johnson and Switzer remain the only two coaches to win both a college football national championship and a Super Bowl.

is this legit? If it is then my disgust and hatred for everything associated with Miami just went up a notch....which I didn't think was possible.

As Morgan Earp said in Tombstone,"They're nuthin but bugs and all you can do with bugs is squash them."(or words to that effect)

I think Stoops and the Sooners will be wearing their cockroach stompers this Saturday.