PDA

View Full Version : I feel kind of sorry for...

Soonerus
9/5/2007, 11:59 PM
...the Michigan people....I had mixed emotions on App State beating them...I know the collateral benefit to us re: Boise... but I just feel for them somewhat...very mixed emotions...

CatfishSooner
9/6/2007, 12:00 AM
I kind of hear what you say, but it's still pretty funny!

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2007, 12:04 AM
Good gawd, you're a puss.

Soonerus
9/6/2007, 12:10 AM
I have empathy for the Michigan fans, a program on our level...and I have been to the big house...those people are as avid as we are...

47straight
9/6/2007, 12:24 AM
If it happened to us, we would be in meltdown mode for 36 months.

Soonerus
9/6/2007, 12:26 AM
If it happened to us, we would be in meltdown mode for 36 months.

Agreed.. and they are in that...they are not bad people...

TopDawg
9/6/2007, 12:32 AM
I feel kind of sorry for...

...anybody else who clicked on this thread. ;)

Soonerus
9/6/2007, 12:36 AM
That's how I feel...my heart's out to the Michigan fans...

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2007, 12:59 AM
Hey Rus, Pavarotti just croaked. How you hanging in there?

Fraggle145
9/6/2007, 01:00 AM
Dude I feel "F***in A!" great!! Because of this it is one less Boise St highlight I will have to watch...

Soonerus
9/6/2007, 01:01 AM
Hey Rus, Pavarotti just croaked. How you hanging in there?

Very sorry to hear that he was a great man and great talent ...

illinisooner
9/6/2007, 01:01 AM
I always pulled for underdogs until BSU, now not so much. Now if they're playing Notre Dame, SC, etc...different story. But yeah I do feel sorry for UM and their fans, I rooted for them back in the day when my uncle convinced me to.

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 01:17 AM
Screw 'em...They wouldn't feel sorry for us.

swardboy
9/6/2007, 08:17 AM
Hot dog Heisman posers....

The Maestro
9/6/2007, 08:30 AM
It's Tom Brenneman (sp.?). He did the play by play for Fox for the Fiesta Bowl and made his Big Ten Network debut at The Big House Saturday. Can you imagine a play by play guy getting to say he called both of those games? Lucky bastard!

fadada1
9/6/2007, 08:35 AM
i feel for the fans. we've experienced it.

the players should be ashamed. if they rebound and win out, their coaching staff should be commended. if they lose this weekend, and to psu, osu, and a couple other big10 teams, carr will be fired and they'll hurt for a few years.

XingTheRubicon
9/6/2007, 08:43 AM
Michigan thinks they're superior to "football factories" like OU, FLA, Bucknuts, SC, etc... Apparently, you have to put a strong emphasis on academics and choke every big game in your school's history to be a Michigan or a Notre Dame. Wolvie-berserker style doesn't seem to be catching on.

OUDoc
9/6/2007, 09:02 AM
I don't feel very bad for them. "If you don't like it, get better." They'll eventually get over it.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:27 AM
I suppose, if you want, you can feel some pity for the players & fans -- but I feel absolutely no sympathy for the coaches & administrators.

Nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to schedule a 1-AA team.

Isn't the extra game this season optional? It would've been more honorable to forego a game entirely than it is to schedule a 1-AA team.

I hope more 1-A teams lose to 1-AA patsies. That'd make me giddy as a schoolgirl.

Position Limit
9/6/2007, 10:45 AM
i'm loving it, and it has nothing to do with boise st. they've been fully exposed. how many years now has mich come in preseason ranked in the top 10, only to lose every big game on its schedule and get blown out in their bowl game? every flippin year. they lost a bowl game to nebraska a few years ago!!! when i think of big time programs over the last 10 years, michigan is not one of them. but they do seat 110,000 people in a stadium so i guess they deserve a high ranking.

Oldnslo
9/6/2007, 11:21 AM
Meat Chicken's fans weren't so nice to us in 04 when they were playing SC and we were playing LSU.

FlatheadSooner
9/6/2007, 12:09 PM
As long as we're not the ones rubbing it in their face..............I love it.

Nice to hand off the baton.

:)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2007, 12:32 PM
Screw 'em...They wouldn't feel sorry for us.Their loss is our gain. Maybe the media will show that blocked field goal rather than the 3 or 4 plays from the Fiesta Bowl fiasco.

jkjsooner
9/6/2007, 02:25 PM
...the Michigan people....I had mixed emotions on App State beating them...I know the collateral benefit to us re: Boise... but I just feel for them somewhat...very mixed emotions...

I agree. From everything I've heard it is the Ohio State fans who are the really rude fans in the UM/OSU rivalry. Most things I've heard about UM fans has been complimentary.

I didn't like Michigan in the Fab 5 days when their clothes/symbols were adopted by pop-culture and especially the hip-hop culture but those days are long over.

sanantoniosooner
9/6/2007, 02:28 PM
I'll save my sympathy for our opponents this year.