PDA

View Full Version : Screw It , Im tired of all this crap

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 09:18 PM
The 04 or 05 ORANGE BOWL ( depends on your perspective) was a game we Played in
OUT of 119 teams 2 Made it to that Game :D we were ONE .
We had em on the ropes till Bradley Muffed that punt. TRUE !
We let em back in the game Also TRUE
We abandoned OUR game plan trying to smack em back down and it didnt work .
So Hell Yea Ill Talk about that game . And Ill wear My orange Bowl shirt and Be Proud OU was there
PS I fixed my cabinet door that I smashed after the final , Last year .
Anyone Doubt what Im sayin ? about havein em On the ropes needs to look at P C and leinfarts expression after we went up on em
WE were THERE damit .
so this crap of tgowwdns or what ever is crap
In the immortal words of D E
GADOCADWI
JMHO
rant over

85sooners
9/5/2007, 09:51 PM
:hot: :hot: :hot:

swardboy
9/5/2007, 09:53 PM

You don't say much, do you?

Widescreen
9/5/2007, 10:16 PM
You don't say much, do you?
Give him a break. He's a mute.

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 10:18 PM
AHHHHHHH, TOO MANY ACRONYMS!

You know, after we scored that opening touchdown with ease, part of me was hoping USC would come back and score to make it a game. I didn't want to watch a blow-out.

Sorry for jinxing us, guys. :(

sanantoniosooner
9/5/2007, 10:18 PM
What does "ACRONYM" stand for?

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 10:21 PM
Hahaha ... Amphibious Cretin Retained for Ominously Negative Yodeling Mongrels.

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 10:22 PM
What does "ACRONYM" stand for?
You really dont want me to spell that out do you ?:D

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 10:24 PM

You know, after we scored that opening touchdown with ease, part of me was hoping USC would come back and score to make it a game. I didn't want to watch a blow-out.

tgowwdns = the game of which we do not speak
gadocadwi = get a deck of cards and deal with it .
we went we lost . so what WE WENT :D

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 10:24 PM

Is this Penn or Teller...I forget?

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 10:27 PM
tgowwdns = the game of which we do not speak
gadocadwi = get a deck of cards and deal with it .
we went we lost . so what WE WENT :D

Ahh ... I wasn't familiar w/ the GADOCADWI one ...

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 10:33 PM
Ahh ... I wasn't familiar w/ the GADOCADWI one ...
thot so nOOb :P

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 10:42 PM
I'm with ya, though. I know it sounds a bit aggy, but hey, at least we were in the damn game.

And I'm also with ya on the notion that we had them on the ropes. It reminded me of the Big XII championship game in 2003 ... we came out, rammed the ball right down their throat, and I think we got a bit lackadaisical. It was one of those games where everything starts snowballing into a catastrophe.

I don't buy the notion that USC was faster/stronger/more talented than us in every regard, especially after one of our linebackers (can't remember whom) ran down Reggie Bush from behind in a dead sprint and stopped him from scoring in the open field.

Ah, well. When we run the table this year and meet them in the national championship, we'll get some revenge. ;) That'd be my dream season.

Widescreen
9/5/2007, 10:50 PM
I don't buy the notion that USC was faster/stronger/more talented than us in every regard, especially after one of our linebackers (can't remember whom) ran down Reggie Bush from behind in a dead sprint and stopped him from scoring in the open field.
Brodney Poole.

soonerfaninpoteau
9/5/2007, 10:51 PM
So Hell Yea Ill Talk about that game . And Ill wear My orange Bowl shirt and Be Proud OU was there
Anyone Doubt what Im sayin ? about havein em On the ropes needs to look at P C and leinfarts expression after we went up on em
WE were THERE damit .
GADOCADWI
JMHO
rant over
couldnt have said it better

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 10:54 PM
I'm with ya, though. I know it sounds a bit aggy, but hey, at least we were in the damn game.

And I'm also with ya on the notion that we had them on the ropes. It reminded me of the Big XII championship game in 2003 ... we came out, rammed the ball right down their throat, and I think we got a bit lackadaisical. It was one of those games where everything starts snowballing into a catastrophe.

Ah, well. When we run the table this year and meet them in the national championship, we'll get some revenge. ;) That'd be my dream season.
I remember Talkin to My son after we went 14 -o And tellin him they are whooped !
Yall go back and look at the game tape or what ever . PC and leinfart were shocked !
Brad Muffed and let em back in the Game . Long tried regain the Mo . he should have stayed with the Game plan !
Just my 2 cents !

Will
9/5/2007, 11:17 PM
Give him a break. He's a mute.

haha

goingoneight
9/5/2007, 11:18 PM
I always refer to it as "TGWWDNSO," but I speak of it all the time, so yeah. :O

I'm glad we were there too, vet. I prefer to wear my Orange Bowl 2001 T-shirt, though. That 'ern makes me feel "proud." :)

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 11:28 PM
I always refer to it as "TGWWDNSO," but I speak of it all the time, so yeah. :O

I'm glad we were there too, vet. I prefer to wear my Orange Bowl 2001 T-shirt, though. That 'ern makes me feel "proud." :)
Hell all of Mine make me feel proud !:cool:

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 12:09 AM
Brodney Poole.

Ah, bingo! Guess it was a safety, then. =o

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 12:09 AM
I could stamp a tattoo of the OU logo on my forehead and be proud...I'll never feel any different.

stoopified
9/6/2007, 09:24 AM

Damn you,damn you to hell. :)

soonerspudman
9/6/2007, 10:13 AM
WE were THERE damit .
GADOCADWI
JMHO
rant over

Yep, the Bradlley "muff" (putting it kindly) was total bonehead and set the wrong tone, but I was there and can say the air didn't come out until JW launched the massive duck into triple coverage, that's when the team seemed to collective believe it was not to be their night and totally melted down...

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:22 AM
Our 2004 team truly was a team for the ages. It had all the offensive talent we'd had in 2003 (in a team that was an offensive juggernaut), with the added bonus of a healthy Adrian Peterson.

Chuck Long still managed to get decreased offensive production out of the unit, but regardless, we had plenty of talent to handle the University of Spoiled Children, we had way more fans in the stands (although our fans were lousy as far as knowing when to yell, and when to shut the fudge up, I still claim it's a side effect from standing the whole time whether it's a kickoff, a fumble, or a 90 second tv timeout.) and had we played 'em ten times, I truly believe we would've won at least 7 of the games.

I try not to repeat these beliefs of mine in public, as I think they sound like poor sportsmanship -- but I sure can't help believing them. That 2004 team was crazy good. Our 2003 team was as well, for that matter, until White got hurt and Mike hit the road.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2007, 10:25 AM
Yep, the Bradlley "muff" (putting it kindly) was total bonehead and set the wrong tone, but I was there and can say the air didn't come out until JW launched the massive duck into triple coverage, that's when the team seemed to collective believe it was not to be their night and totally melted down...Agreement. I still had some hope for a recovery until that happened. Never before had I seen JW do anything like that.

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2007, 10:37 AM
Yep, the Bradlley "muff" (putting it kindly) was total bonehead and set the wrong tone, but I was there and can say the air didn't come out until JW launched the massive duck into triple coverage, that's when the team seemed to collective believe it was not to be their night and totally melted down...

Not just that one, but the next series when he threw another interception and they scored 3 plays later to go up 28-7.

And tied 7-7 and about to be pinned on a punt inside our 20 is not "got them on the ropes."

Bourbon St Sooner
9/6/2007, 10:48 AM
I don't remember this game to which everyone seems to be referring.

TexasLidig8r
9/6/2007, 10:56 AM
Franocchio also wore his Holiday Bowl ring at the Big XII media day too.

And.. the South actually won the Civil War.

Ash
9/6/2007, 11:09 AM
Franocchio also wore his Holiday Bowl ring at the Big XII media day too.

And.. the South actually won the Civil War.

The football board was better when you decided to not post here anymore.

MI Sooner
9/6/2007, 11:18 AM
And tied 7-7 and about to be pinned on a punt inside our 20 is not "got them on the ropes."

I couldn't agree more.

SC played damn near a perfect game, and made a lot of difficult plays that they might not make 50% of the time. Plus we quit, which turned it into a blowout. However, we couldn't run the ball, we couldn't throw the ball after the opening drive, and while we were talented (our most talented team in Stoops era, w/o question), I still think SC was more talented.

Take away our stupid mistakes eand the fact that we quit, and it SC still would have won with the way they played. If we played them 10 times, I think we go 3-7 or 4-6.

It wasn't like the '03 KSU game. If we played them 10 times, we're 7-3 or 8-2. I still don't know WTF happened there.

soonervegas
9/6/2007, 11:25 AM
Agreement. I still had some hope for a recovery until that happened. Never before had I seen JW do anything like that.

Agree 100%.

This team didn't cave at the Mark Bradley fumble, they caved at JW's backfooted throw into TRIPLE coverage. That is when the team was lost.

Jewstin
9/6/2007, 11:39 AM
Agree 100%.

This team didn't cave at the Mark Bradley fumble, they caved at JW's backfooted throw into TRIPLE coverage. That is when the team was lost.

Wasn't it quadruple coverage? :|

All I remember is watching Mark Clayton disappear into a mess of red jerseys. Le sigh.

FlatheadSooner
9/6/2007, 11:48 AM
Wasn't it quadruple coverage? :|

All I remember is watching Mark Clayton disappear into a mess of red jerseys. Le sigh.

Also seemed like Clayton and other receivers were slipping a lot on that turf.

Widescreen
9/6/2007, 11:54 AM
Agreement. I still had some hope for a recovery until that happened. Never before had I seen JW do anything like that.
I guess you mean other than when he also did it 1 year earlier in the Sugar Bowl?

9/6/2007, 12:07 PM
I guess you mean other than when he also did it 1 year earlier in the Sugar Bowl?Actually, I don't specifically remember that. All I remember from that game was JW playing injured, and our long drive at the end of the game, where we ran the ball down their throats, then inexplicably started passing, and fell short..

Widescreen
9/6/2007, 12:12 PM
Actually, I don't specifically remember that. All I remember from that game was JW playing injured, and our long drive at the end of the game, where we ran the ball down their throats, then inexplicably started passing, and fell short..
He did it. Right in front of me. Launched a high arching lame duck that naturally got picked off.

9/6/2007, 12:20 PM
He did it. Right in front of me. Launched a high arching lame duck that naturally got picked off.No argument. It somehow wasn't memorable to me..not like that one against the suc. Maybe part of why I don't remember the play is because it didn't break our morale like the one against suc.