PDA

View Full Version : Bummer for Tennial

Scott D
9/5/2007, 08:38 PM
this sucks for him, hope they grant him a 6th year.

Tulsa's top rusher Tennial seeks 6th year of eligibility

Associated Press

Updated: September 5, 2007, 6:34 PM ET

TULSA, Okla. -- Running back Courtney Tennial will miss Tulsa's entire 2007 season because of an ankle injury sustained in preseason drills.

The transfer from Oklahoma was the Golden Hurricane's leading rusher last season with 862 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Tennial has played only one season of college football, but the school said Wednesday he will have to seek a waiver for a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA if he is to continue his career.

After setting an Oklahoma high school record with 3,486 yards rushing and 36 touchdowns as a senior at Glenpool High School, Tennial redshirted at Oklahoma in 2003 and didn't play the following year as Adrian Peterson was en route to a runner-up finish in the Heisman Trophy voting.

He then transferred to Tulsa and sat out a season under NCAA rules before playing last season.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 08:46 PM
Dayum
They better give it to him , or Ill be :mad: :mad: :mad:
I wish the young Man Luck in all he does

JohnnyMack
9/5/2007, 09:45 PM
Hope he gets it.

goingoneight
9/5/2007, 09:47 PM
I don't see how he won't get it. I know Tennial from when he used to play against my friends at Bixby. Good kid who only left OU because Chuck favored AD EVERY DOWN.

mikeelikee
9/5/2007, 10:15 PM
I believe the "ankle injury" was a torn achilles tendon. That's a bad one.

Widescreen
9/5/2007, 10:20 PM
Hope he recovers and is able to get another year of eligibility. Any time I think of TU and career threatening injuries, I think of Dan Bitson. I was at TU when he was in his accident. That dude likely would've made a lot of $$$$ in the league but his career ended that day. :(

stoopified
9/6/2007, 09:29 AM
I was wondering what happened to him this year.I was afraid that he'd run afoul of the new coaching staff.Good luck to him.He and Choice were too good to waste gathering dust on the bench.

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:23 AM
Damn. Poor kid - hope he gets the waiver.

yermom
9/6/2007, 10:48 AM
weird that he didn't get any snaps in '04. i can't imagine they wouldn't give him a redshirt. hopefully he will be full-speed next year