PDA

View Full Version : OU HOCKEY NAMES 2007-2008 PLAYER ROSTER

mfosterftw
9/5/2007, 07:38 PM
I guess Chris is busy, so I'll post this for him.

OU HOCKEY NAMES 2007-2008 PLAYER ROSTER

Head Coach Larry Donovan has named twenty-eight student athletes to the 2007-2008 University of Oklahoma Hockey club roster. Seventeen players return from last season's squad which finished the 06-07 season ranked 9th in the ACHA D1 Coaches Poll last March. Eleven newcomers join the Sooners this season, including defenseman Austin Miller, who has transferred to OU from NCAA D1 Providence, and forward Sean McCauley, who played last season with the Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets of the USHL, the top Jr. A league in the United States. Five other new Sooners played last season in the NAHL, the next highest Jr. A hockey league in America, before making the decision to attend OU.

The Sooners roster is evenly balanced with five seniors, seven juniors, seven sophomores and nine freshman. Eleven different states are represented on the OU Hockey roster, with hockey hotbed Texas being the most represented state with 10 Lone Star natives on the player roster. Oklahoma follows with four members on the team, while Alaska and Arizona each boast three players on the roster.

The boys got new jerseys too:
http://www.ouhockey.com/team07.jpg

I still think the schooner on the crest would look great.

Marc

Mixer!
9/10/2007, 03:11 PM
Where's Bradford in that pic? ;)

mfosterftw
9/13/2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah I heard somewhere that he plays hockey, but no such luck for the team. There's also someone on the golf team with Junior A experience that wanted to play for the hockey team, but I don't think he was allowed to.