PDA

View Full Version : This week's games...any you REALLY like?

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 05:20 PM
Any gamblers out there? I won a four team parlay Monday night...taking Tech, the under, Clemson and the under...and now have some money to play with.

Week two usually has some easy games in college football cause you learn about teams in week one and week two still has lines based on last year.

Games I like so far...

OU - 10 1/2. Obvious reasons.
Louisville - 39 1/2 vs. MTSU and Rutgers - 17 vs. Navy. Both those teams LOVE to blowout teams that are lesser.

KSU - 17 vs. San Jose State. Bounce back at home.

Penn State - 17. Seems so easy.

Tennessee - 11 vs. Southern Miss. Bounce back again.

TCU + 9 1/2 at Texas. It's due to be close.

Kentucky - 13 vs. Kent State. Kentucky's QB is one bad dude.

Washington State - 14 vs. San Diego State. Chuck Long's season opener at a tough place to play. Wazzu coming off game at Wisconsin where they hung around awhile.

Oklahoma State - 23 vs. Florida Atlantic. Picking OSU is scary, but the jinx is overridden by the FAU coach.

Washington + 3 vs. Boise State. Boise seems due and Washington is coming on strong. Toughest place Boise has played in years.

OSUAggie
9/5/2007, 05:22 PM
I like TCU to cover, OSU to cover and the 'Ville to cover.

soonersam
9/5/2007, 05:25 PM
This looks a lot like a E-mail I just got...

PSU wont cover!!!

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 05:26 PM
This looks a lot like a E-mail I just got...

PSU wont cover!!!

Yes it does, but I did not like the response I got from you.

Did you see Notre Dame at all last week? Maybe the easiest game of the week to pick this week is Penn State. Remember, you DID pick Mississippi State to cover last week, Broseph!

D-Sweet
9/5/2007, 06:44 PM
I love Louisville and Penn State. West Virginia, TCU, Nebraska, Oregon and Georgia are tempting too.

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 06:47 PM
I am staying away from Nebraska. Seems right, but a road favorite by 8 points is a lot.

auto
9/5/2007, 06:47 PM
I like Rutgers, OU and TCU games could be a tossup. Tennesee is also a good bet.

soonersam
9/5/2007, 06:53 PM
Yes it does, but I did not like the response I got from you.

Did you see Notre Dame at all last week? Maybe the easiest game of the week to pick this week is Penn State. Remember, you DID pick Mississippi State to cover last week, Broseph!
Thats just uncalled for.... That pick was between you and I!!!!
I'm keeping the painting Todd.

badger
9/5/2007, 07:04 PM
I like feel-good vs. feel-gooder.

Hurricane Katrina vs. College shooter.

Overrated vs. WAAAAAY overrated.

(lsu vs. va tech)

devOUt
9/5/2007, 07:11 PM
I like TCU and Penn State to cover and I am leaning towards us covering against the helmet swingers. My better judgment is obscured when it comes to wagering on OU, so I am still thinking about it.

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 07:13 PM
I'm keeping the painting Todd.

CLASSIC!

Second place...steak knives!

soonerboy_odanorth
9/5/2007, 08:12 PM
Games I like so far...

OU - 10 1/2. Obvious reasons.

Because that should be a walk for Miami to cover? I don't get it.

All things being equal, I like us to win Saturday, but I'll be surprised if it's by more than 6 points. They have a lot of speed. North Texas had none. I think from an adjustment standpoint we're in for a rude awakening before we have a chance to regain control. See the Washington game last year. And I think Miami looks a darn sight better after one this year than Washington did after one last year.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but we haven't fared well against teams with REAL speed ever since TGWWNBM.

Heck, against the 'canes? I'll take a one point win.

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 08:16 PM
Because that should be a walk for Miami to cover? I don't get it.

All things being equal, I like us to win Saturday, but I'll be surprised if it's by more than 6 points. They have a lot of speed. North Texas had none. I think from an adjustment standpoint we're in for a rude awakening before we have a chance to regain control. See the Washington game last year. And I think Miami looks a darn sight better after one this year than Washington did after one last year.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but we haven't fared well against teams with REAL speed ever since TGWWNBM.

Heck, against the 'canes? I'll take a one point win.

That's okay...some fans are paranoid a bunch and you might be right. But I have done my research on Miami and all I see is a team that doesn't typically rack up big yards, loses the TOP battle, turns the ball over frequently, has a very average QB and has a strong defense...against really bad offenses they have faced.

SoonerBOI
9/5/2007, 09:12 PM
Oregon and Georgia

KantoSooner
9/5/2007, 09:33 PM
PSU is going to annihilate ND. Almost doesn't matter what the spread is. I predict a 28-35 margin on that one. As in: 28-0 or 42-6, something in that territory.

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2007, 01:23 AM
I realize this is mainly related to betting...and I AM in Vegas...But I "like" every game. College Football is back!!!!!!

goingoneight
9/6/2007, 01:33 AM
Wanna hear something funny?

My grandpappy is an 89-year old Sooner/Buckeye fan. He is retired (moey to throw away in his case) and just for the sake of pi$sing on Michigan, he took Appalachia State on a cheap little parlay card last week. His neighbor is still scratching his noggin on that one. :D

boomersooner28
9/6/2007, 02:38 AM
I like LSU to cover at home. Then we get to hear the "LSU is the best team in America" bullcrap start.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/6/2007, 09:00 AM
That's okay...some fans are paranoid a bunch and you might be right. But I have done my research on Miami and all I see is a team that doesn't typically rack up big yards, loses the TOP battle, turns the ball over frequently, has a very average QB and has a strong defense...against really bad offenses they have faced.

Gawd, I hope you are right.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, would make me giggle like a multiple touchdown victory over scUm.

[slaps self] Did I say "nothing". Let me rephrase... nothing except 65-13. [/slaps self]

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/6/2007, 09:25 AM
Bet your kidney on LSU. I can't imagine that the Hokies have any chance at all in Batonnnnn Reauxge.

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/6/2007, 09:29 AM
Bet your kidney on LSU. I can't imagine that the Hokies have any chance at all in Batonnnnn Reauxge.

KEGTOP
9/6/2007, 09:53 AM
I want TCU to take Texas i know that much

birddog
9/7/2007, 10:39 PM
i like georgia -4 at home over sc.

byu +7.5 at ucla

unlv +25.5 at home to wisconsin