PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question

oumartin
9/5/2007, 03:58 PM
In the one day I have been home in the last fourty or so my wife shows me that in the kids bathroom the water in the toilet won't come back up to the normal level unless you flush it twice. Well I was tired and since I am lazy and not a fix it type guy I told her to call the plumber.

Well being the smart girl she is she decides to hold off and just see what happens. One day she was mowing(in heels to airate ;) ) and she notices the little screw in cap that allows your pipes to be snaked off. She screws it back in and she says she hasn't had a problem since.

Is that what the problem was? Or was it something else like maybe a black sock or gold watch down the toilet that plugged it up and it just happened to get cleared out at the around the same time?

OUDoc
9/5/2007, 04:02 PM
Not a plumber, but, no, that shouldn't have done anything to your indoor plumbing.

oumartin
9/5/2007, 04:04 PM
the reason I thought it might is cuz that cap sits directly beside that toilet only on the outside of the house. i mean its literally two feet away from the house. directly in line with the potty.

r5TPsooner
9/5/2007, 04:08 PM
Never ever let your wife mow martin.

Scott D
9/5/2007, 04:13 PM
how old is the home? most homes the venting for the toilet, etc. in the bathroom is on the roof. It's technically possible I guess for the venting for the toilet to be in the location you named though.

oumartin
9/5/2007, 04:17 PM
no, it vents on top. both toilets vents go up into attic and tie together then out the roof. other toilet flushed and filled fine.

If she dent mow the grass would be really really tall!

Scott D
9/5/2007, 04:21 PM
the whole outside the home at ground level part I guess is where I'm getting stuck. It is possible that cap is 'access' to your septic tank...and that would affect your toilet, especially the closer one.

oumartin
9/5/2007, 04:30 PM
yeah, that gives plumbers access to the plumbing leaving the house. that way if they need to snake it they can have access to all the pipes under the house.

sanantoniosooner
9/5/2007, 04:32 PM
You could have had a partial blockage for a little while. Certain things can break down eventually and restore proper flow.

VeeJay
9/5/2007, 05:15 PM
My wife farted while changing the transmision fluid in my truck the other day.