stoopified
9/5/2007, 03:39 PM
Looks like the Indians got DUCKED.

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 03:42 PM
Just freaking wow...

Theskipster
9/5/2007, 03:43 PM
Hopefully this is a good sign that Dan Beebe is going to be more than Kevin Weiberg Jr.

Widescreen
9/5/2007, 03:45 PM
This isn't as significant as what happened to us last year because they still would've had to drive and scored a touchdown, converted the 2-point conversion just to send it to overtime. Then they would've had to win in overtime in Austin. For us, we just had to take a knee and we won.

Hot Rod
9/5/2007, 03:45 PM
"There's nothing you can do about it now,"

Nah!

King Crimson
9/5/2007, 03:46 PM
Hopefully this is a good sign that Dan Beebe is going to be more than Kevin Weiberg Jr.

maybe, but on Mizzou boards they are saying he's just the same Texas schools puppet as Weiberg. FWIW.

Theskipster
9/5/2007, 03:48 PM
maybe, but on Mizzou boards they are saying he's just the same Texas schools puppet as Weiberg. FWIW.

Maybe, but with his first action he isn't acting like it.

flopshotjoe99
9/5/2007, 03:51 PM
I can feel ASU's pain.:(

Ike
9/5/2007, 04:09 PM
Good for the big 12. While it would have been difficult for ASU to win even with the kick recovery, it was still an important call, and I like the fact that the big 12 is man enough to come out and say it was a blown call nearly immediately after the fact.

Miko
9/5/2007, 04:13 PM
"There's nothing you can do about it now," Roberts said. "I don't have a reaction because a reaction's worthless."

I would have had to add, "And if I did, my mamma would wash my mouth out with soap anyway.:mad: "

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2007, 04:16 PM
Appreciate that they admitted the blown call.

But how do you blow a call that simply involves counting the number of players on each side of the ball?

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2007, 04:24 PM
Appreciate that they admitted the blown call.

But how do you blow a call that simply involves counting the number of players on each side of the ball?

Bah.. because we paid em off... havent you heard of the BOMC (burnt orange media conspiracy) that aggy annually spews forth? :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2007, 04:28 PM
Oh right, I forgot. ;)

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 04:29 PM
Bah.. because we paid em off... havent you heard of the BOMC (burnt orange media conspiracy) that aggy annually spews forth? :rolleyes:

Wow...this "theme" of yours lately stinks of an inability to tell us anything promising about your team. You know things look bad right now. Too bad you have a DT out this week against TCU. Trust me, 2005 sucked with TCU winning at our place. At least Arkie State is giving you a preview in the opener.

Just be glad you had VY for the time you did...the ONLY reason you won a title at all and the 100% beneficiary of Mack Brown's will when he passes.

King Crimson
9/5/2007, 04:30 PM

well, aggy also thinks they are one of the dominant football teams of "alltimes".

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/5/2007, 04:33 PM
Wow, they can admit they were wrong to an out of conference team but they couldn't admit they were wrong in Lubbock? Go figure.

There is also a guy on the chron.com message board from Tech bitching about the refereeing. I just want to tell him to shut up and enjoy what you got as well.

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2007, 04:44 PM
Wow...this "theme" of yours lately stinks of an inability to tell us anything promising about your team. You know things look bad right now. Too bad you have a DT out this week against TCU. Trust me, 2005 sucked with TCU winning at our place. At least Arkie State is giving you a preview in the opener.

Just be glad you had VY for the time you did...the ONLY reason you won a title at all and the 100% beneficiary of Mack Brown's will when he passes.

Actually.. it's a DE.. Orakpo.

The first week's game was very rough.. much like your game against UAB last year or TCU the year before. After a hot start, Colt was off the rest of the time.

The DBs Foster and Palmer are going to see increasingly less playing time and we can expect to see Brown, Beasely, Griffin and Kelson as a much more cohesive secondary.

Oh.. we are very glad we had VY.. he transcended the game. However, there is one thing that Mack has done that Stoops has never done.. that is.. win a national championship with 100% of his own players.

Your QB, with as stout of a game as he had against Southlake Carroll last week, will be tested a bit more this next week. Nonetheless... my dislike for the Hurricons is far greater than any angst I feel for OU.. thus.. good luck this week and here's hoping for a win by OU.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/5/2007, 04:50 PM
However, there is one thing that Mack has done that Stoops has never done.. that is.. win a national championship with 100% of his own players.

Does your arm hurt when you have to reach that far to defend Mack?

Landthief 1972
9/5/2007, 04:53 PM
The talkbacks are just dumb. The Big XII whined about the Oregon game? Yeah, right. They crawfish'd right outta that scenario, much like the OU-Tech game the year before.

oumartin
9/5/2007, 05:01 PM
we should really stop the Texas smack talkin' until after we beat them. Last time I looked they won the last two

TheUnnamedSooner
9/5/2007, 05:03 PM
However, there is one thing that Mack has done that Stoops has never done.. that is.. win a national championship with 100% of his own players.

And you needed the ref's help with that too.

King Crimson
9/5/2007, 06:30 PM
Lid with the *dumbest* reactionary post ever.

oh my gawd, that's pitiful.

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2007, 06:35 PM
LOL, so true:D

josh09
9/5/2007, 06:49 PM
Yep....deja vu

arlington
9/5/2007, 07:13 PM
Wow, a new secondary of Brown, Beasley, Griffin and Kelson! 2 freshmen corners and a safety (Kelson) who has spent the last 3 years bouncing around positions is not a solidified secondary, Tex.

BHud
9/5/2007, 07:24 PM

Whatever makes you feel better.

One thing's for sure: We haven't needed the refs help in whipping your butts the last two years.

birddog
9/5/2007, 07:44 PM

One thing's for sure: We haven't needed the refs help in whipping your butts the last two years.

you better hoped to the good Lord you get some calls your way this year or you'll be in for a long season.

fossil
9/5/2007, 09:07 PM

HOW ABOUT THE FIVE YEARS PRIOR TO THOSE TWO?????

Ash
9/5/2007, 09:09 PM

I seem to recall a phantom offensive pass interference call on Joe Jon that negated a first down, possibly more... :pop:

The Maestro
9/5/2007, 09:16 PM
I seem to recall a phantom offensive pass interference call on Joe Jon that negated a first down, possibly more... :pop:

Texas beat us...no doubt...but you are correct and the play with AD was NOT a lateral...after the fact, but NOT a lateral.

goingoneight
9/5/2007, 09:26 PM

Your QB, with as stout of a game as he had against Southlake Carroll last week, will be tested a bit more this next week. Nonetheless... my dislike for the Hurricons is far greater than any angst I feel for OU.. thus.. good luck this week and here's hoping for a win by OU.

However... which is more impressive?

Stoops took many of John Blake's players and made them work their asses into shape. Many of those Blake players were out of position and were switched to accomodate Stoops's system. See: J.T. Thatcher. Stoops won a National Championship with a program in disastrous shape prior to his arrival. Worst it's probably ever been. He puts 63 points up on Bevo, beats the top-ranked and second-ranked teams back-to-back-to-back. Stoops found Josh Heupel in junior college and made him a Heisman runner-up. Stoops brought in some east coast talent to help out along the way as well.

:mack: had been winning for years and recruiting top-tier athletes his entire tenure at UT. He admitted to giving up coaching Vincy Young, who then led his team to an undefeated season doing things "gansta." :mack:'s program was never in as bad of shape as Stoops's was prior to his arrival... ever. :mack: was hired to take a powerful program to the next level. Good for him, it worked. Stoops was hired to clean up a disaster.

Bob = in 2 seasons won it all. 4 conference titles, 2 with 100% of "his own players," a crystal ball and a trip to every BCS bowl.
:mack: = 22 years to get a conference title and an MNC, had to go to the most fertile recruiting ground in the country to do it. Even then, he relied on Vince Young HEAVILY to do so. Everyone knows this to be true. That 2005 team is 10-2 at best with Chance Mock, Chrissy Sims or Major Applewhite.

Both are great coaches with great accomplishments, but it's pretty clear to me which one's the best.

As for Sam, everyone here knows Miami will put him to the test and probably put him on the ground a few times along the way. We're just happy that he has so far not stunk it up for us. And no, UNT is no different than UAB in my books, OU should ALWAYS throttle both of them. As UT should Arkansas State.

SoonerBOI
9/5/2007, 09:49 PM
:mad: :mad:

Will
9/5/2007, 11:22 PM
Officiating is worse and worse

A Sooner in Texas
9/5/2007, 11:36 PM

Guess we just usually get the best of Mack's players to make Stoops' own.:D :D

Texas Golfer
9/5/2007, 11:49 PM
I am way past tired of watching officials dicate the outcome of games.

TUSooner
9/6/2007, 09:56 AM
"Our sportsmanship rules prohibit me from giving you my honest opinion that those refs are bunch of incompetent, corrupt, toadying ****heads."

KEGTOP
9/6/2007, 10:13 AM
"Our sportsmanship rules prohibit me from giving you my honest opinion that those refs are bunch of incompetent, corrupt, toadying ****heads."

Yes im with him on this subject :mad:

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:13 AM

It's true that I really doubt Mack Brown will win another NC without a Vince Young-calibre player, but still, I think we should give credit where credit is due: While he's no Championship coach, he's very, very good at putting a lot of talent into his roster. And that means year in, year out, it's Mack Brown's team that will be our biggest regular-season challenge.

Well, except for any years we're foolish enough to play a Pac-10 team on the road, anyhow :eek:

I'll never take the Tejas win for granted. Not even in 2004, when we'd beat 'em 4 years in a row, and it seemed like Stoops owned Mack completely. They're still such a talented squad each year that we have to play to our full potential to beat 'em.

Texas Sucks. But they're still a challenge to beat. And I don't believe in reading too much into early-season games. It's easy for a good team to stumble out of the gate. Lord knows we've looked bad in some of our season openers under Stoops.

TexasLidig8r
9/6/2007, 10:22 AM
We probably only win 8 - 9 this year. :O

NormanPride
9/6/2007, 10:38 AM
Damn, Lid... That sucks. :D

Herr Scholz
9/6/2007, 11:17 AM
Did the refs also admit missing the illegal chop block against Orakpo that will put him out for a month? I didn't see that blurb.

BHud
9/6/2007, 05:19 PM
HOW ABOUT THE FIVE YEARS PRIOR TO THOSE TWO?????

And the three years prior to that?
You can either live in the now, or you can can look at the series as a whole, and deal with the 18 games we have on you, but you can't pick and choose portions of the series.

Ash
9/6/2007, 07:16 PM
And the three years prior to that?
You can either live in the now, or you can can look at the series as a whole, and deal with the 18 games we have on you, but you can't pick and choose portions of the series.

Why not? That's exactly what you did, which is why you got that response focktard.

BHud
9/6/2007, 08:58 PM
Why not? That's exactly what you did, which is why you got that response focktard.

No, I referenced the current streak. But hey, don't let me stop you from firing up this bad boy:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/911416417_9fcbe6fd2c_m.jpg

Stoop Dawg
9/6/2007, 09:11 PM

Of course we can. This is "Soonerfans.com". If you want a message board with a UT slant, you might try "HornCircleJerk.com".

And be sure to get your money's worth out of your "current streak" smack this month. It'll be a while before you get to pull it out again.

magic33216
9/6/2007, 09:54 PM
All I can say to Texass fans is: 7 > 4

TexasLidig8r
9/7/2007, 07:54 AM
Of course we can. This is "Soonerfans.com". If you want a message board with a UT slant, you might try "HornCircleJerk.com".

And be sure to get your money's worth out of your "current streak" smack this month. It'll be a while before you get to pull it out again.

Not so fast my friend.. are you aware that the last ELEVEN times either Texas or Oklahoma has gone into the RRS with a two game winning streak, that team has extended the streak to three games (at least)!

And this goes back to the early 1950s.

Ash
9/7/2007, 09:56 AM
No, I referenced the current streak. But hey, don't let me stop you from firing up this bad boy:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/911416417_9fcbe6fd2c_m.jpg

Geez. Way to turn the thread into a typical whorn slap fight. Mincing words, selective memory when it suits you, when it doesn't you bring out the "yea but look at the total series..." or some other bull****. You guys are pitiful.

:cry:

Stoop Dawg
9/7/2007, 02:37 PM
Not so fast my friend.. are you aware that the last ELEVEN times either Texas or Oklahoma has gone into the RRS with a two game winning streak, that team has extended the streak to three games (at least)!

And this goes back to the early 1950s.

Does this stat include games where the wind was tricky? If so, I'm more than impressed.