PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Grady sighting...

soonerspudman
9/5/2007, 03:28 PM
For anyone thinking it was a bad thing that Tommy Grady cut and run when the competition got tough, he came off the bench last weekend when the Utah starter got hurt against awesome Oregon State and proceeded to go 9-24 (38%) for 59 yards, rating of 58.1, his longest completion being 10 yards.

Made the point before, if someone leaves because the competition is too thick, that's evidence enough they're not capeable of leading you to a championship.

Lesson: quit worrying about what KN (or anyone else) will do, if anyone leaves due to internal competition that's statement enough.

stoopified
9/5/2007, 03:36 PM
For anyone thinking it was a bad thing that Tommy Grady cut and run when the competition got tough, he came off the bench last weekend when the Utah starter got hurt against awesome Oregon State and proceeded to go 9-24 (38%) for 59 yards, rating of 58.1, his longest completion being 10 yards.

Made the point before, if someone leaves because the competition is too thick, that's evidence enough they're not capeable of leading you to a championship.

Lesson: quit worrying about what KN (or anyone else) will do, if anyone leaves due to internal competition that's statement enough.I have often wondered if Tommy regrtetted his decision,but I don't think I ever missed him.I don't get too excited about transfers for the the same reason I don't get all caught up in recruiting.One player coming or going WILL NOT change the Sooners.

King Crimson
9/5/2007, 03:44 PM
Tommy played pretty good for us. and he was more a Chuck kind of guy. straight I drop back. but, my understanding was that Tommy was not gonna get it done in the classroom so it was in his best interest to transfer.

he wasn't gonna beat out that kid who worked at Big Red Sports Cars....but, i think Tommy was gonna be ineligible regardless.

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2007, 04:07 PM
Well, he's starting this week, so we'll see how he does with a week of practice with the 1's.

SoonerBOI
9/5/2007, 04:08 PM
If you quit you're afraid of competition or you don't have b___lls!

arcman46
9/6/2007, 12:36 AM

Lesson: quit worrying about what KN (or anyone else) will do, if anyone leaves due to internal competition that's statement enough.

I posted about this same nonsense a couple days ago. I was at the OSU-Ute game. Grady came in after Johnson went down. Previously the #1 RB went down with a broken leg. Did Grady play spectacularly; no. He did, however play a solid game considering the Ute offensive line was mismatched by the Beaver DL. Also the lack of a running game made it more difficult. The Beavers knew that the Utes weren't going to be able to run, so they pinned their ears back and came after Grady. Grady showed surprising mobility. He had at least a half a dozen balls dropped, and he was hurried on almost every throw. He transferred out; probably a mistake, but with our OL and RB's I think he would have been a really good QB.:pop:

RedstickSooner
9/6/2007, 10:46 AM
If you quit you're afraid of competition or you don't have b___lls!

I agree. If a football player transfers, the vast majority of the time it involves a lack of balls.

Usually pigskin ones :D

Don't have to be afraid of competition in some positions to be able to tell that no matter how good you are or how hard you practice, the coach is gonna have you riding pine for one reason or another. Quarterbacks are a good example of this, as often times a starter will retain his starting job unless he's injured -- or unless the new guy has a laser for an arm *and* runs a 4.3 40. Even then, he might have to sit through a redshirt season and even be backup for his redshirt freshman season.

Coaches always claim they have open competition for spots. Just like pollsters always claim that they vote for whichever teams they think are best -- but in both instances, the process is heavily biased by inertia, and it's difficult to jump someone unless they screw up pretty badly.