PDA

View Full Version : Drum Corps finals on ESPN2 tonight

prrriiide
9/5/2007, 03:03 PM
Drum Corps is a sport...these kids are in fantastic shape to do what they do.

LINK (http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=af4942c3-38f2-4eec-b0ea-7ce416c109d9)

Drum Corps International is on ESPN2 TONIGHT
Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 9:00 AM

Don’t forget, the 2007 Drum Corps International World Championship will be broadcast on ESPN2 today, Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 10 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. Pacific. You won't want to miss this exciting opportunity to see the world’s most elite and exclusive marching music ensembles, performing at their highest levels, on this nationally-televised broadcast.

And if you can’t watch it live today, remember the two-hour program will be rebroadcast on ESPN2, split into two one-hour episodes first on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 2 p.m. Eastern time and then on Thursday, Sept. 27 also at 2 p.m.

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2007, 03:41 PM
We need Wednesday night football.

GottaHavePride
9/5/2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the paper up here said "The Drum Corps International Finals will be broadcast tonight [standard time&channel junk]. The Blue Devils won the competition on August XX."

Thanks. Now I don't need to watch.

Actually, I'm not that crazy about drum corps.

soonerboomer93
9/5/2007, 09:36 PM
all band geeks are the same

it's all about blowing stuff

AllAboutThe'O'
9/6/2007, 12:08 AM
What, were they finally done with the World Series of Poker?

proud gonzo
9/6/2007, 12:12 AM
I was impressed by drum corps until i heard the Coach Era Pride.

and I disagree that it's a sport.

Soonerus
9/6/2007, 12:34 AM
Is this the Bandito Superbowl ???

goingoneight
9/6/2007, 01:30 AM
World Series of Poker

National Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship

National Children's Scrabble Championship

Ummm... is it me or should ESPN maybe have stopped adding networks after, I dunno... ESPN2???

soonerboomer93
9/6/2007, 03:27 AM
c'mon, ESPN the Ocho is gonna have on world championship dodgeball

proud gonzo
9/6/2007, 07:47 AM
World Series of Poker

National Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship

National Children's Scrabble Championship

Ummm... is it me or should ESPN maybe have stopped adding networks after, I dunno... ESPN2???don't forget arm wrestling. :rolleyes:

badger
9/6/2007, 08:04 AM
Ok, so NP and I watched last night.

The shows were nice, but there is no way in helllllllll that those red and gold guys (Cadets? The ones that had narration) should have taken second. They should have had fourth or worse for having lines like:
"I believe in community... I believe in hard work... I believe in choice!"

Arrrrrgh.... a marching band intro video for elementary students, or what?! The rest of the show was fine, but that cheesiness really hammed it up.

My thoughts are that Phantom had a better, non-narrarrated show and deserved third, the Cavaliers (green guys are Cavs, right?) deserved second, and the blue guys that went last deserved first.

As you can see, my knowledge of DCI is limited, but I know what sucks, and narration like that sucks. You want people to know what they go through?! That certainly can't be the thoughts going through teen's minds when holding a tuba on your shoulder and running across a field in time.

If that were me, my thoughts would be "Ouch, my shoulder... F**k, my shoulder... D@mmit, my shoulder is starting to give... this f**king tuba... that does it, I'm walking off the field, setting this tuba down and tossing my uniform in the f**king dumpster!"

:D

mwmcl
9/6/2007, 03:19 PM
So did they actually fight with their musical instruments or just break-dance fight.