PDA

View Full Version : AP says some of the stupidest things.

Dan Thompson
9/5/2007, 02:55 PM
I was suprised when I saw this after OU gained 109 points to move into a tie for 5th place. (My highlights)

NEW YORK — Thud!
More fallout from a disastrous opening weekend for Michigan came Tuesday, when the Wolverines dropped all the way out of The Associated Press Top 25 — an unprecedented fall from No. 5 to unranked.

Since the AP media poll expanded to 25 teams in 1989, no team has taken a bigger tumble in one week.

After an opening weekend filled with blowouts and highlighted by Appalachian State's stunning 34-32 upset of Michigan at the Big House, there was little notable movement in the Top 25 other than the Wolverines' exit.

Then later in the article, near the bottom we have this

The highest-ranked team to fall from the poll after one loss was No. 2 Oklahoma in 1959, when the AP ranked the top 20.

BoomerGirl34
9/5/2007, 02:56 PM
What is so ridiculous about this is the drop in '59 was after a loss to then #3 Notre Dame (I believe).

What a bunch of 'tards.

soonernation
9/5/2007, 03:03 PM
I was suprised when I saw this after OU gained 109 points to move into a tie for 5th place. (My highlights)

NEW YORK — Thud!
More fallout from a disastrous opening weekend for Michigan came Tuesday, when the Wolverines dropped all the way out of The Associated Press Top 25 — an unprecedented fall from No. 5 to unranked.

Since the AP media poll expanded to 25 teams in 1989, no team has taken a bigger tumble in one week.

After an opening weekend filled with blowouts and highlighted by Appalachian State's stunning 34-32 upset of Michigan at the Big House, there was little notable movement in the Top 25 other than the Wolverines' exit.

Then later in the article, near the bottom we have this

The highest-ranked team to fall from the poll after one loss was No. 2 Oklahoma in 1959, when the AP ranked the top 20.

I think we lost to #10 ranked Northwestern. So the comparison between the two is laughable.

BoomerGirl34
9/5/2007, 03:04 PM
Ah..I stand corrected. Thanks!

RacerX
9/5/2007, 03:14 PM
Who cares?

I'm happy meechigan took that record from us.

sooneron
9/5/2007, 03:43 PM
You guys are bitching about something that happened in 59? Please find a happy place. Our team looks really good. THE WORLD IS NOT OUT TO GET US. We lost that game 45-13!

The must have been pretty ****ing clairvoyant as we ended up losing two more games that season.
Good lord. :rolleyes:

Dan Thompson
9/5/2007, 03:52 PM
What I am bitching about is that we gain 109 in the polls and move up to #5 and AP says "there was little notable movement in the Top 25 other than the Wolverines' exit."

sooneron
9/5/2007, 03:56 PM
What I am bitching about is that we gain 109 in the polls and move up to #5 and AP says "there was little notable movement in the Top 25 other than the Wolverines' exit."
Dude, it's a blurb ABOUT a POLL.....

IN SEPTEMBER.

sooneron
9/5/2007, 03:57 PM
I was going to say that it wasn't really directed at you til I noticed that you admitted to bitching.:D

SoonerJLB
9/5/2007, 03:58 PM
I thought this post was about Allen Patrick...whew.

yermom
9/5/2007, 04:03 PM
we didn't move up as much as Texas and Michigan dropped :D

SoonerBOI
9/5/2007, 04:05 PM
Who cares? that was a gazillion years ago.

Dan Thompson
9/5/2007, 04:12 PM
Don't say that about Miami.:eek:

stoopified
9/5/2007, 04:25 PM
I think we lost to #10 ranked Northwestern. So the comparison between the two is laughable.
I don't know that Northwestern was ranked or not.What I do know is that OU ate at a Chicago resturant and many of OUr players came down with FOOD POISONING and either did not play or played at less than peak ability.