PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game day question

OUrules
9/5/2007, 11:52 AM
I have not been in Norman since I was a kid but I'm coming back for the game this week-end. My question is: where is a good place in Norman to hang and pre-party on Friday night? Thanks for any info.....

sooner518
9/5/2007, 11:58 AM
Campus Corner? I havent been in Norman for a few years so my knowledge of Campus Corner bars is probably a bit outdated.

I was always fond of The Mont and The Library, although those places are probably more laidback than Campus Corner. They both have great patios though

KEGTOP
9/5/2007, 12:21 PM
Campus Corner is the best spot i know of near by to do some pre-game partying

North Dakota Sooner
9/5/2007, 12:22 PM
Cant post new threads, but I am in San Antonio for training for a couple of months and was wanderin if anyone knew of anywhere good to watch the games with other Sooner fans. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

KEGTOP
9/5/2007, 12:30 PM
There are a couple of good bars on the river walk that host college games

OUrules
9/5/2007, 12:58 PM
So campus corner is the concensus for Friday night? Thanks to all for the info.

ouwapiti
9/5/2007, 01:26 PM
did they close o'connells???????????????

KEGTOP
9/5/2007, 02:04 PM
I dont know...i havent been that way since i finished college

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 02:05 PM
Mr. Bill's, west of the dorms.

Biggest dive on the planet. Greatest place ever.

Ash
9/5/2007, 02:05 PM
o'connells is moving to campus corner, where AE's place used to be. They're putting the sign up today.

Monster Zero
9/5/2007, 02:12 PM
The Mont rules. I always thought that The Library was for guys who play for the other team, if you know what I mean. Campus corner is the best area to hang out and walk from bar to bar in. The old Walter Mitty's is long gone, though.

ouwapiti
9/5/2007, 02:24 PM
so that entire se corner where o'connell's and that strip mall are gone ???...i heard that its a parking garage????

sooner518
9/5/2007, 02:36 PM
The Mont rules. I always thought that The Library was for guys who play for the other team, if you know what I mean.
really? I never heard that. I guess it probably does have the least amount of ********* frat guys and sorority girls, which to me is kind of a plus. But its got the most and best beers on tap in Norman, and their patio is awesome.

It's more of a "have some good beer on the patio while hanging with friends" type of place as opposed to "lets do a bunch of shots and try not to get arrested for public intox" type of bar.

illinisooner
9/5/2007, 02:40 PM
o'connells is moving to campus corner, where AE's place used to be. They're putting the sign up today.

When is it gonna move from Jenkins to Campus Corner? For tradition and history, that sucks, but for ease of bar hopping, it's really nice.

Norman Sooner
9/5/2007, 02:45 PM
really? I never heard that. I guess it probably does have the least amount of ********* frat guys and sorority girls, which to me is kind of a plus. But its got the most and best beers on tap in Norman, and their patio is awesome.

It's more of a "have some good beer on the patio while hanging with friends" type of place as opposed to "lets do a bunch of shots and try not to get arrested for public intox" type of bar.

I would think it has more of the ********* frat guys and stuck up sorority girls than most places..

Sugars on the other hand is the best place to go. Cheap beer and Cheap Women ;)

Ash
9/5/2007, 03:01 PM
When is it gonna move from Jenkins to Campus Corner? For tradition and history, that sucks, but for ease of bar hopping, it's really nice.

It's a done deal. I'm not sure how ready it is to open, the windows are still covered up, but work has been going on for a while now and they're putting up the signs today so I'm guessing it's pretty close to opening. Others on the board might have more info.

I agree about the history part.

illinisooner
9/5/2007, 03:22 PM
I would think it has more of the ********* frat guys and stuck up sorority girls than most places..

Sugars on the other hand is the best place to go. Cheap beer and Cheap Women ;)

If ********* frat guys and stuck up sorostitutes are what you're looking for, then look no futher than Seven47.

CatfishSooner
9/5/2007, 04:00 PM
If ********* frat guys and stuck up sorostitutes are what you're looking for, then look no futher than Seven47.

Heh...so true

KantoSooner
9/5/2007, 07:14 PM
The Mont rules. I always thought that The Library was for guys who play for the other team, if you know what I mean. Campus corner is the best area to hang out and walk from bar to bar in. The old Walter Mitty's is long gone, though.

It dates me, I know, but I felt tears in these rheumy old eyes when you said that Mitty's is closed.

Has Homeland Security finished with the decontam, yet? There may be some souvenirs to be picked up.....

OKC-SLC
9/5/2007, 07:23 PM
Sugars on the other hand is the best place to go.
Um, I think you mean "Suger's".

Two words--

Classy. Joint.

OKC-SLC
9/5/2007, 07:24 PM
Mr. Bill's, west of the dorms.

Biggest dive on the planet. Greatest place ever.
I used to go there whenever I wanted my water to taste a bit like beer.

Seriously, I've had a lot of good times at that place. And it will always be the place I was when Humphrey tipped in the ball (goaltending, fo sho) against Arizona in the tournament game.

Boomer Mooner
9/5/2007, 07:45 PM
I used to go to Mr. Bills in the late 80's. Even dated a couple of the waitresses there. They had pretty good food there too.

Jewstin
9/5/2007, 08:10 PM
I used to go there whenever I wanted my water to taste a bit like beer.

Seriously, I've had a lot of good times at that place. And it will always be the place I was when Humphrey tipped in the ball (goaltending, fo sho) against Arizona in the tournament game.

Oh man, I love it! People rag on it, and it is a bit of a dive, but I really like the atmosphere. They used to do 85 cent drafts of bud light in the past, but I haven't been for that in ages. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

yukonsooner
9/5/2007, 08:30 PM
Oriinal Oconnells still open. will be till 12-31-07

GottaHavePride
9/5/2007, 08:40 PM
Oh, god, Mr. Bills sucks.

The Library is fine - ton of beers on tap, but it's not the "hip" place to be. The frat and sorority crown go hang out on Campus Corner at Seven47 or that other bar next to La Luna. The Library is more of a grad student hangout, in a "people are drinking scotch and/or microbrews here, you mind keeping it down?" kind of way. Brothers has turned into a hole, Keith hasn't fixed the place up in years.

apusooner
9/6/2007, 12:39 AM
my favorite campus corner bars are the deli, joe's, and logans
get to the deli early for the cheap red cups. or do they still do that?