PDA

View Full Version : This OKC News Story Makes Me an Angry Kitty

Viking Kitten
9/5/2007, 10:38 AM
Is anyone else as ticked off about this news story as I am? Am I the only one who thinks this girl's dad needs to have the living **** beat out of him?

YUKON — Just after midnight and 30 minutes before Bailey Rian Thrasher was stabbed to death Saturday morning, her shotgun-toting, wig-wearing ex-boyfriend and 32-year-old teacher kicked in the door of her Yukon apartment, where she, her sister and several friends were hanging out.

He made everyone get against the wall, including one of Thrasher's pregnant relatives, said Melissa Stringer, Thrasher's aunt.

"If Bailey doesn't come with me, I'm killing her first, then I'll kill all of you,” Stringer said she was told the gunman demanded. "If anyone calls 911, I'll kill you all.”

Meanwhile, Thrasher was able to call 911 with a cell phone without the gunman knowing, Stringer said. She decided to leave her apartment with her ex-boyfriend, stating as she left "He won't hurt me.”

They got into a car, which was not his, Stringer said. As they left the apartment in the 600 block of W Vandament, an officer spotted the car and followed. A chase ensued. It ended on State Highway 152 in Mustang when an officer pushed the car off the road.

As officers approached the car, the driver, identified as 32-year-old Robert Paul Roberson, was stabbing Thrasher repeatedly, police said. He wouldn't stop, so officers fired several shots at him, killing him.

Thrasher, 16, died in the car before paramedics could arrive on the scene.

Several family members described her on Sunday as a hero who gave her life so her family and friends could live.

‘Horror story'

"This dwarfs most of your horror story plots,” said Bailey's father, Darin Thrasher. "This dwarfs them. It's beyond stranger than fiction. It is an absolute horror story.”

Bailey Thrasher's demise began at the age of 13, about the time she had moved in with her dad, owner of Sid's Diner in Yukon. She fell into the wrong crowd and began experimenting with drugs and partying, Darin Thrasher said Sunday outside of his restaurant. She was just being a teenager.
Umm... I don't think doing drugs at 13 is "normal" teenage behavior.

Her partying life landed her in the Canadian County Education Center, an alternative school operated by the Gary E. Miller Canadian County Children's Justice Center, where Darin Thrasher said his daughter met Robert Roberson, who was a drill instructor at the school.

Darin Thrasher said a romance began between his then-14-year-old daughter and Roberson while she went to school there. Shortly after they started dating, the two moved into an apartment together.
You let your 14-year old daughter move in with a 30-year old man? WTF???

Darin Thrasher knew better, but said he thought the situation might benefit his daughter because it appeared Roberson didn't drink or do drugs and was a work-out fiend.

"I thought it would be a positive for her,” he said. "Then I also thought the relationship would fizzle out and she would be done partying.”
Are you a ****ing idiot?

Then, according to Darin Thrasher, threats were made by Roberson to terrorize a girl just half his age. He would hold a gun to her head and force her to have sex with him. He threatened her family, her life, if she ever spoke to anyone about it, Darin Thrasher said.

One day, Bailey Thrasher finally had had enough and moved out of their apartment and into another with her sister. The threats continued, Darin Thrasher said.

Three times a week or more, Roberson made Bailey come to his house and have sex with him, usually at gunpoint, Darin Thrasher said.
And you knew about this, and you didn't do anything about it, like oh I don't know, maybe kill the guy?

"It was on his mind to massacre our entire family,” he said. "That's how he controlled her, was with the daily and weekly threat that he would massacre the whole family.”

Finally, Bailey Thrasher had enough and went to police to file a report against Roberson.

It was too late, Darin Thrasher said.

Although troubled, Bailey was a smart girl who had a knack for children, especially her three younger siblings and many nieces and nephews.
She wanted to be a school teacher and was excelling in her alternative school classes, ahead of schedule to graduate, her dad said.

When not at school or hanging out with friends, Bailey Thrasher could be found waiting tables at the family restaurant, where she essentially had grown up.

Darin Thrasher wanted to thank the officers that tried to save his little girl Saturday and to reassure them he blamed them for nothing.

"There was a lot of room for judgment,” he said. "I'd like for them to get the message that if they are feeling any second-guessing, I want them to stop because I know they did the best they could.”
Yeah, there's a lot of room to judge YOU, *******.

Darin Thrasher also wanted to get out a message that if you are being abused, to get help as quickly as possible; not to wait too long and to realize that protective orders alone do not protect you from harm.

"You need to know that you're on your own,” he said. "When you go file charges against someone in anything like this, the danger kicks up. You are on your own as far as security.”
Especially if your dad is a worthless piece of ****.

"That's how he controlled her, was with the daily and weekly threat that he would massacre the whole family.”

Healing begins

Dozens of Bailey Thrasher's family members gathered Sunday at the family restaurant to talk about Bailey, about abuse and how to get out of abusive relationships.

Tears were common, but not one from her father.
Why doesn't this surprise me?

"We're all seriously wounded and those wounds hurt,” he said. "Our wounds will heal. While we wait, God is giving us the strength to ease the pain.”

He said there are a million things that could have been done to prevent his daughter's tragic death.

He said his own guilt as a father was pressing him, but added his faith in God was protecting him from blame.
No, no it's not.

C&CDean
9/5/2007, 10:43 AM
And dude is an Elvis impersinator on top of it all. And I don't mean just sometimes, I mean all the time.

Phil
9/5/2007, 10:44 AM
You should have seen him on the TV - he's an Elvis impersonator, sideburns and all. Gave his interview in front of a black velvet painting of the King. Something seriously wrong, in so many ways, with all that.

Phil
9/5/2007, 10:44 AM
Damn - Dean beat me to it.

Newbomb Turk
9/5/2007, 10:46 AM
the wife and I were just talking about this - we were both amazed by the whole thing.

Paperclip
9/5/2007, 10:47 AM
You should have seen him on the TV - he's an Elvis impersonator, sideburns and all. Gave his interview in front of a black velvet painting of the King. Something seriously wrong, in so many ways, with all that.

Yeah, I saw that. Unreal.

Hot Rod
9/5/2007, 10:48 AM
Any man can be a dad, but it takes a real man to be a father. This guy was not one.

Viking Kitten
9/5/2007, 10:49 AM
I saw the interview Sunday night, thought the Elvis thing was a little wierd, then read this interview Monday morning. Basically the guy was allowing this dude to rape his daughter, statutorily first, then otherwise. Where the hell were the authorities when all this was going on? The guy was her teacher for God's sake.

LilSooner
9/5/2007, 10:49 AM
There is a special place in hell for craptacular parents like that ****** bag.

C&CDean
9/5/2007, 10:53 AM
Things like this make me wonder about God not letting me have daughters.

I am grateful I don't, but if I'd have been this little girl's dad, drill sergeant wannabe would have been a broken down vegetable incapable of even lifting his scrote to wash his taint - let alone a knife - a long time ago. That is if he was still breathing.

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2007, 10:55 AM
VK, it's like you were reading my mind. Those are the same thoughts going through my mind when I first heard about this incident, and later read the story.
Or maybe we're just normal, and all sane people thought that.

IB4OU2
9/5/2007, 10:58 AM
He should be sterilized...of course his Elvis impersonation probably achieves the same purpose. Scumbags raising kids...:mad:

yermom
9/5/2007, 11:01 AM
as i was reading this i was thinking that girl would be alive if Dean was her dad

and this ********* most likely would still be dead

royalfan5
9/5/2007, 11:06 AM
How in the **** did the one guy end up being employed by a school system?

Plus, I hope that dude doesn't have any more kids to ruin.

SoonerBorn68
9/5/2007, 11:06 AM
Things like this make me wonder about God not letting me have daughters.

I am grateful I don't, but if I'd have been this little girl's dad, drill sergeant wannabe would have been a broken down vegetable incapable of even lifting his scrote to wash his taint - let alone a knife - a long time ago. That is if he was still breathing.

I've got 2 little girls. I don't think I've been this mad in a while. The dude obviously didn't care about his daughter. If any boy ever treats one of my girls 1/10th as badly, his body will never be found.

Viking Kitten
9/5/2007, 11:08 AM
If this was my daughter, his body would be found fertilizing my Goddamn petunias.

Paperclip
9/5/2007, 11:11 AM
Could the dad be brought up on child endangerment or neglect or something?

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2007, 11:12 AM
Finally, Bailey Thrasher had enough and went to police to file a report against Roberson.

It was too late, Darin Thrasher said.
This needs further explanation. What did the police do? Why was it too late?

SoonerBorn68
I wonder if Sid's Diner has seen a decline in business?

NormanPride
That's messed up. If it wasn't such a huge invasion to rights, it would be nice if we could keep certain people from breeding. Just sick...

SoonerBorn68
9/5/2007, 11:15 AM
This needs further explanation. What did the police do? Why was it too late?
[/font]

Exactly. Isn't sex with a 16 year old statuory rape? Wouldn't a warrant be issued?

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2007, 11:19 AM
All I can do is just shake my head. Horrible. What a sad story.

skycat
9/5/2007, 11:24 AM
W
T
F
?

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 11:26 AM
I have a 12 yr old Grandaughter. I dont see anything like this happening to her .

soonervegas
9/5/2007, 11:43 AM
"Bailey Thrasher's demise began at the age of 13, about the time she had moved in with her dad"

At least the writer knew where to point the finger, subtle, but they knew where to point it.

Okla-homey
9/5/2007, 12:11 PM
A lady who works with me has a daughter who works in the funeral home which handled the remains of the girl. Over thirty stab wounds, several to the face and neck. It took eight hours to make her look okay for an open casket service.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/5/2007, 12:11 PM
At least the writer knew where to point the finger, subtle, but they knew where to point it.

Exactly.

Very smooth work on the writer's part. I especially like the part where not one tear was to be found on the father's face. But true grief is a strange beast and to assume too much, outside of this supposed 'father' being a complete and abject tool that should be looking at charges, would be a mistake.

In all honesty, I probably wouldn't be openly crying either. I'd be too busy setting my affairs in order so my family would be prepared for my trip to Big Mac. Too busy planning true justice with the business end of a sidearm. I'd be too busy with the process of getting the life that son of a bitch owed me for my daughter, and too busy plotting the most painful way to do it for the life and love he took from me.

I'd have time to grieve in my jail cell when it's all said and done.

Right now, there'd be too much work to do.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/5/2007, 12:26 PM
Why did he let her move in with him, that is the most disturbing part. He didn't have the guts to tell her no? There is no f***ing way she would be allowed at is house let alone live there! He basically fed her to the wolves!

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2007, 12:26 PM
As the father of a four year old daughter, let me just toss these four little words into this thread.

Over
My
Dead
Body

Apparently, her dad never learned this phrase for one reason or another.

Reminds me of the idiot parents in Florida who allowed their 16 year old to marry her much older swim instructor.

I seem to recall that story got VK's dander up a bit as well.

proud gonzo
9/5/2007, 12:33 PM
what a ****ing idiot piece of ****.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2007, 12:38 PM
Anyone that eats at that ****** bags restaurant should slapped too

sanantoniosooner
9/5/2007, 01:06 PM
Hunka Hunka burning ****

Dio
9/5/2007, 01:25 PM
Glad I'm not the only one ****ed at the "dad" in this. Tard.

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2007, 01:36 PM
I have a somewhat precocious 14 year old daughter. Friday night, picked her up after the Jesuit football game... I drive up, park, open my door, see her and a "boy" who's a friend of hers, walking up... he has his arm over her shoulder... I look at him and say, "Boy.. you like that arm of yours?".. "Uh.. yes sir."... "Then, I'd remove it very quickly or else you will be pulling back a nub."... Give him a go to hell look.

As for Elvis Fake Idoit Dad... four words for him..

Testicles In A Vice!

:mad:

(and the only thing that has kept this thread from disintigrating into numerous inappropriate remarks about "angry kitty" is the egregiousness of the conduct in the story)

IB4OU2
9/5/2007, 01:43 PM
So do the Jesuits have their names on the back of their robes?

TopDaugIn2000
9/5/2007, 01:44 PM
Darin Thrasher knew better, but said he thought the situation might benefit his daughter because it appeared Roberson didn't drink or do drugs and was a work-out fiend.

uhhhhhhhhh, yeah

Dio
9/5/2007, 01:45 PM
Testicles In A Vice!

Is that anything like "D*** in a box"?

PrideTrombone
9/5/2007, 05:10 PM
Turns out the girl was the cousin of one of my students. :( Just a sad, dumb-assed situation.

OUHOMER
9/5/2007, 06:07 PM
I think the dad should be brought up on charges as well. Hell may be too good for him

OUHOMER
9/5/2007, 06:25 PM
I think the dad should be brought up on charges as well. Hell may be too good for him

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2007, 06:26 PM
What just happened?

Cam
9/5/2007, 08:40 PM
More evidence that some people just shouldn't breed. Dad needs to be strung up by his pecker on main street so that people driving buy can throw projectiles at him.

ChickSoonerFan
9/5/2007, 09:22 PM
Crazy crazy crazy. How could any dad, or any other family member, allow any of that?? Her aunt was on TV too the other day talking about how they had "dated".

How does a 14 year old "date" a 30 year old?

So sad.

phead903
9/5/2007, 09:27 PM
Crazy crazy crazy. How could any dad, or any other family member, allow any of that?? Her aunt was on TV too the other day talking about how they had "dated".

How does a 14 year old "date" a 30 year old?

So sad.

Living in Arkansas, I could unfortunately give you several examples of that...SG06 was reading the newspaper the other day and commmenting on the disparity in age between the brides and the grooms. Remember, our legislature actually passed a bill a couple of weeks ago that made it legal for infants to marry:eek:

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 09:36 PM
Living in Arkansas, I could unfortunately give you several examples of that...SG06 was reading the newspaper the other day and commmenting on the disparity in age between the brides and the grooms. Remember, our legislature actually passed a bill a couple of weeks ago that made it legal for infants to marry:eek:
So hook a brother Up !

OKC-SLC
9/5/2007, 10:24 PM
Unbelievable story.

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 11:19 PM
Cops killed the dude as he was killin the Girl so Pops is already out of it .
Now if the Sperm donor had cared about his Baby girl , She would have been yanked up by the short hairs and str8ned out real fast . The Maggot would have been catfish shat . end of storey

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/6/2007, 12:42 AM
Am I the only one here who would bet dollars to doughnuts that Elvis Dad was himself having his way with his daughter?

According to my very opinionated yet mostly infallible gut.

olevetonahill
9/6/2007, 12:50 AM
Am I the only one here who would bet dollars to doughnuts that Elvis Dad was himself having his way with his daughter?

I guess Yes you were :eek: Im gonna go visit elvis and make sure he " Leaves the building "
Please God have Mercy on that child !
That makes me cry and the Olevet Dont cry !:mad: :mad: :mad:

SoonerGirl06
9/6/2007, 01:22 AM

Something definitely wasn't right in that family... and the finger points primarily at "dad". I thing you probably hit the nail on the head SDSG. The f*cking perv needs to be hung by his testicles. The "boyfriend" got off easy IMO.

The only thing that makes me feel the least bit at ease about this dispicable story is that poor little girl is now in a better place. It breaks my heart to think of the terrible and horrific life that child must have led.

SteelClip49
9/6/2007, 08:26 AM
If any of you have ever been to Sid's in yukon, the counter table has hundreds of pictures under the glass top and I just wonder how many of them are of the girl.

Gold help this mad mad cruel world.