PDA

View Full Version : What if anything did we learn in Canada?

stoopified
9/5/2007, 10:23 AM
As a fan I learned nothing given the uncertain nature of competition we encountered.I am hoping that Capel learned a lot about this team though.I would think he knows who will play tough D regardless of score and crash the boards with authority.Hoping he was also able to ID his shooters,both midrange and longrange.Makes me look forward to the season.

crawfish
9/5/2007, 01:27 PM
I watched the first half of the last game on SoonerSports. Blake already looks stronger and more comfortable in the post than Longar. I've been reservedly excited about him, but the more I see him the more I think he can be a REALLY special player for us.

He has an already-mature body that only Tisdale and Humphrey have brought to OU as freshmen. Plus, he seems to already know how to use his strength.

Will
9/5/2007, 11:31 PM
awesome to hear

stoopified
9/6/2007, 02:15 PM
I watched the first half of the last game on SoonerSports. Blake already looks stronger and more comfortable in the post than Longar. I've been reservedly excited about him, but the more I see him the more I think he can be a REALLY special player for us.

He has an already-mature body that only Tisdale and Humphrey have brought to OU as freshmen. Plus, he seems to already know how to use his strength.
Blake is heavier and stronger than L2 but I don't think he will supplant him.Iam thinking we will use a double post,often utilizing Blake and L2 on either side of the lane in a double low post.

I am hoping to see a Bookout Jabhari Brown type scenario,where Blake and his physical presence allow L2 to be more effecctive.By this I mean he will no longer have to battle for low post position with an enforcer like Blake THE BEAST Griffin alongside.I would be suprised if L2 doesn't at least duplicate last years numbers if not improve.I can't even fathom what Blake can accomplish.Trying not to get too carried away,I am hoping for around 12 points and 8 boards a game from THE BEAST.We get that along with 10 and 7 from L2 and it wil take pressure off our perimeter shooters.I'm still thinking around 9-7 in conference and hoping for 20 wins and an NCAA bid.Then again I was thinking 17-13 or 18-12 last year(just a shade optimistic.